This game needs DLC. Now.

#1 Posted by jillsandwich (762 posts) -

I haven't played Skyrim since I S-ranked back in January, and I'm currently feverishly awaiting any info about DLC.

Todd Howard has talked about how he wants to release large form expansion packs(akin to Shivering Isles, I assume) as well as Fallout-style ten dollar add-ons. It sounds like I won't have to wait long to find out details.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1222123p1.html

One of the names floating around is "Dawnguard". What does it mean? Is it going to be a big or small add-on? Is the name even legit? Are those big add-on's going to be entire landmasses of Cyrodiil or Morrowind? DISCUSS!

#2 Posted by Sumbog (484 posts) -

I want it to be big, and awesome and have me murdering the Thalmor, or the Falmor, or some sorta mega dragon.

But to be a bit more serious, I cannot wait to see what is in store for the DLC, frankly a Thalmor story line in my opinion is the route they will take, helping to take down the Elven dogs in a Broken Steel like fashion.

#3 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
#4 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Sumbog said:

I want it to be big, and awesome and have me murdering the Thalmor, or the Falmor, or some sorta mega dragon.

But to be a bit more serious, I cannot wait to see what is in store for the DLC, frankly a Thalmor story line in my opinion is the route they will take, helping to take down the Elven dogs in a Broken Steel like fashion.

This just makes me want another Fallout. COME ON! I NEED IT.

#5 Posted by jillsandwich (762 posts) -

@BrockNRolla said:

@Sumbog said:

A cult of Dragon Priests perform a blood sacrifice in order to summon characters from Fallout into Skyrim. GOTY.

#6 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -
#7 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@jillsandwich said:

@BrockNRolla said:

@Sumbog said:

A cult of Dragon Priests perform a blood sacrifice in order to summon characters from Fallout into Skyrim. GOTY.

At the very least, open a portal to the world of Fallout and let Three Dog into Skyrim to spread his message of love to the land. Also radios I guess.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I always think about how much it would suck for me to die before I get to play a game/expansion.

#9 Posted by Grimluck343 (1149 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

I always think about how much it would suck for me to die before I get to play a game/expansion.

That's a real shitty way to live your life. Think about how awesome it is that you got to play all of these games while you were alive!

#10 Posted by xyzygy (9983 posts) -

Well I remember way back before the game was released they said they were going to focus on much larger, yet less frequent DLC packs. So Hopefully that translates to something like the Morrowind expansions (and TSI, from what I've heard about how great it is)

#11 Posted by TheHBK (5483 posts) -

Hopefully this leads us back to true expansion packs. Remember those? 20 or 30 bucks for a campaign just as long as the original and new items?

#12 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -

I really wish they would release some sort of update on DLC. I do a google search of "Skyrim DLC" every.fucking.day hoping for some new tidbit. 

I hope Bethesda is cooking up something incredible.

#13 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

I'm pretty content right now to wait, especially if it results in them creating another Shivering Isles sized expansion. I enjoy the Fallout expansions, but I'd rather just a nice oldschool-pc game expansion.

#14 Posted by stryker1121 (1439 posts) -

@TheHBK said:

Hopefully this leads us back to true expansion packs. Remember those? 20 or 30 bucks for a campaign just as long as the original and new items?

I would love a nice big disc-based expansion pack similar to Shivering Isles, Bloodmoon, etc. The drip-feed DLC of Fallout does nothing for me, really. SI alone was a good 30 hours of new content, most of it pretty good.

#15 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

Either one would be cool whether its a Fallout style or Shivering Isles but I still haven't finished the main story or the mages guild and I haven't even started the fighters guild or dark brotherhood.

#16 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

They said something was coming in April, so I guess we'll be finding out soon.

#17 Posted by Rei_no_Otaku (2 posts) -

As long as there's a DLC that has me kicking the Thalmor out of Skyrim I'll be happy.

#18 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I'm looking forward to some DLC too :) Preferrably with trophies :D Haven't played the game since I platinum'd it...

#19 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -

I'd love a big expansion pack like Shivering Isles. I've been interested in returning to Skyrim recently but I want some new content.

#20 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

As much as I love the game, I think it'd have to be something special to get me back in. Shivering Isles did that job for Oblivion, so if they can top that I'll be happy.

#21 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

I'm hoping the DLC holds off til later in the year. I put 140 hours into the game already, and I need a break to play some other games.

#22 Posted by MXC361 (137 posts) -

I wonder if Bethesda may make Solstheim the area for new DLC? The Bloodmoon expansion pack in Morrowind stated that the Nords and Dunmer have been fighting over control of the island for centuries; and what better time to send players there than during Skyrim's civil war?

Also, does anyone else want to see the return of crossbows?

#23 Posted by AuthenticM (3725 posts) -

I want big fucking $30 expansion packs, just like in the good old days!

#24 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I'm pretty much done with Skyrim. It was an awesome experience, but so many other games I am invested in have come and well, gone as well.

#25 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Yes, i want something really big. Dawnguard sounds interesting, but after all it is just rumors. I have been thinking about returning to Skyrim. I haven't played since March. I want some new quests, new factions, and new characters. A new story would be alright. Anything honestly would work for me.

#26 Posted by UnlivedPhalanx (475 posts) -

I've got all the achievements and I'm itching for a reason to get back into that game. I'd literally buy anything that would last a few hours in Skyrim.

#27 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

Steam Workshop

Unless they do a full blown expansion like a Bloodmoon or a Tribunal I think I'm covered.

with you on this. the nexus has kept me coming back for months now. But i would like something big, akin to shivering isles or some such.

#28 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

They've said they want to wait and do bigger style expansion packs, and that's fine with me.

I'm sick of day one DLC that costs $10 and adds roughly 20 minutes of content.

#29 Posted by Moloney (56 posts) -

Really want to get back into Skyrim. Hopefully this will do the trick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.