Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

This save was created on a later version of Skyrim.... :/

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RobDaFunk

So I ignored the patch when it dropped last week and have been playing offline since. Ignoring the update everytime I play. So I load up this morning and get this message when I try ANY of my saves:

'This save was created on a later version of Skyrim. Please download any updates.'

Now I'm trying to work out whats happened cause I really don't wanna install the update......My question is has my cache somehow wiped itself and/or was there an update on launch day so I should be able to install the first and ignore the second??

The version number in the corner is v1.00.4.0 on 360.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By ReyGitano

Seeing as the day 1 patch was version 1.11, I'd say the cache somehow wiped itself and reverted you to pre-patch. As far as I know there's no way to get an old patch reinstalled on the 360; either you go for the newest one or you stick with what you have. Sucks to hear that's happened.

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RobDaFunk

So I found details on the first release day patch HEREwhich was v1.1 so I tried the update but now its skipped from v1.00.4.0 to v1.2.11.0 so now I guess I'm boned and gotta put up with 1.2. Even clearing my cache is going to take me back to where I started and I won't be able to install v1.1 and my saves won't load anyway??

Can Bethesda do small updates on the fly like Infinity Ward can with MW3?? This is the only way to explain my problem.

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RobDaFunk

@ReyGitano said:

Seeing as the day 1 patch was version 1.11, I'd say the cache somehow wiped itself and reverted you to pre-patch. As far as I know there's no way to get an old patch reinstalled on the 360; either you go for the newest one or you stick with what you have. Sucks to hear that's happened.

Unfortunately I couldn't stick with what I had because NONE of my saves would load with v1.00.4.0 so I'm gonna have to stick with v1.2 til the new patch (that'll probably break a lot more) this week sometime. Cheers for the 360 patch info tho....

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By ReyGitano

@RobDaFunk: No problem, and no, Bethesda can't do small changes to the game on the fly like that. The worse thing I've noticed so far in the 1.2 patch is Dragons flying backwards sometimes, but at least I can get married now without a dead person breaking up the wedding. I can't wait for them to actually start fixing some of the real issues though, like broken quests.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee

The biggest problem has got to be the crippling framerate on the PS3 after you play for 45 minutes or so. You have to shut down the system and restart. Not only that, there are certain places like Whiterun that always have a terrible framerate. It's just inexcusable.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By NekuCTR

You know what sucks? patches so bad that you literally avoid them like the plague.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.