Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Turns Out Skyrim Has Already Made Gobs of Money

• 157 results
    FordFairlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#151  Edited By FordFairlane

Whatever it takes to keep these guys well-paid during the 4-5 year development cycle between Elder Scrolls games.

Alraiis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Alraiis

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Once, a long time ago, there was a great developer. It was only known as BioWare, it released such classics as Baldur's Gate, KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights. Even it's newer RPGs, like Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins were great. But then...then came Mass Effect 2. And after that Dragon Age 2. Now, a new dawn beckons, and new developers take BioWares place. We greet you Bethesda and CD Projekt Red.

Once, two years before Baldur's Gate was released, there was a developer called Bethesda Softworks and a game called The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. Don't get me wrong, I love the BioWare classics, but Bethesda isn't exactly new to the game.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @Alraiis said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Once, a long time ago, there was a great developer. It was only known as BioWare, it released such classics as Baldur's Gate, KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights. Even it's newer RPGs, like Mass Effect and Dragon Age: Origins were great. But then...then came Mass Effect 2. And after that Dragon Age 2. Now, a new dawn beckons, and new developers take BioWares place. We greet you Bethesda and CD Projekt Red.

Once, two years before Baldur's Gate was released, there was a developer called Bethesda Softworks and a game called The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. Don't get me wrong, I love the BioWare classics, but Bethesda isn't exactly new to the game.

Yeah i know, i was just saying because BioWare used to be my favorite developer.
    kosayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By kosayn

Skyrim is the Windows 7 to Oblivion's Vista. There've been a few little improvements to the engine and interface, and some of Oblivion's cinematic aspirations remain, but at the core they just focused on making it fun and boundless rather than over-controlled and specific.

They pulled back the curtain way too much in Oblivion, both with the Imperials and with the Daedra. Those are supposed to be mysterious antagonists.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By Cornman89

Bethesda deserves the success. They made a hell of a game. I shouldn't even be typing this now, I should be playing.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#156  Edited By Tordah

This is great news. Skyrim deserves it.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#157  Edited By Undeadpool

@Alraiis said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Once, not-so-long ago, there were people who complained about developers who endlessly iterated without changing the fundamentals of the game unless it was a game they liked. Then changing anything was "dumbing down."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.