Volkihar or Dawnguard? Who'd you side with and why?

#1 Posted by SmasheControllers (2548 posts) -

#2 Posted by SmasheControllers (2548 posts) -

My Lady Nord sided with the Volkihar Clan and my Dunmer is Mister Good guy.

#3 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

Dawnguard cause fuck vampires. Even my chaotic evil assassin hates vampires. Actually.. she hates everyone (except Lydia, cause no one hates Lydia), so that kinda goes without saying, I suppose.

#4 Posted by Law313 (110 posts) -

Both, eventually. I made it thru the Volhihar questline and one day, Ill find time to go thru it with the pussy Dawngaurd.

#5 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Dawnguard, it's more suited to my characters personality.

#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (230 posts) -

Dawnguard cause the main ingeidiant in my vampire brownies is vampire dust.

#7 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

It's not available for my platform yet.

#8 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (330 posts) -

Volkihar because I thought that path seemed the most interesting. I'll probably side with the Dawnguard in another playthrough.

#9 Edited by BadSniper52 (607 posts) -

I'm going to do both just see everything. I'm also going to save before you make the choice.

#10 Posted by Sumbog (483 posts) -

This thread is going to have 7 more pages at least when this DLC comes to the PC

#11 Posted by RivenD3ll (82 posts) -

Vampires, but big fucking mistake there.

#12 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I went Dawnguard with my main dude, I'll play through as a vampire with a different character.

#13 Posted by Divina_Rex (351 posts) -

@RivenD3ll said:

Vampires, but big fucking mistake there.

Care to elaborate?

#14 Posted by Doctorchimp (4074 posts) -

Not on PC yet.

Vampire for my Elf

Dawnguard for my Orc since he's a werewolf.

#15 Posted by Dimsey (951 posts) -

Went with the vampires. Just cause I dig vampires and found them a tad underwhelming in the base game. I feel like the expansion did a pretty good job of making them a more appealing option. 
I'll probably make a second character to do the Dawnguard stuff soon enough. 

#16 Posted by ThePickle (4168 posts) -

Dawnguard. I wanted a crossbow and fuck vampires.

#17 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Doing a two-save thing with my Nord. Beat the DLC with the Volkihar because I wanted to test the vampire lord form. Doing the Dawnguard side soon.

#18 Posted by Ksaw (343 posts) -

Dawngaurd, because fuck vampires. I'll being doing a separate save thing to get the vampire achievement but I won't be replaying the quest on the opposite side because, again, fuck vampires.

#19 Posted by UitDeToekomst (709 posts) -

Dawnguard, because I would an extremely happy man if i never saw another video game that features vampires (or zombies) ever again.

#20 Posted by RAMBO604 (137 posts) -

Went with the vampires and fuck that. Their questline didn't have the resolution I expected, and the vampire lord still needs too much babying to keep up you're strength. I don't want to have too feed every in-game day and being weaker in daylight is dumb when the game presents the ultimate way to get around that then doesn't do it. Once I get back in the mood for more skyrim I'm going to load my back up save and redo it as dawnguard. Though might make a new file to do so since everything Dawnguard adds is not suited for high level characters, its all useless.

#21 Posted by SmasheControllers (2548 posts) -

Now that Dawnguard's out on PC, what did everyone pick?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.