What are you dying to find out?

• 56 results
#1 Posted by JustKamToo (684 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to seeing how third person plays and if thiers still a paper doll as so far I've not seen any picture of one.

also 5 days left! (but I'm sure I'll get my copy on Thursday, or should I say my GF copy for xbox as I'll have to wait for steam to unlock for the PC = /).

#2 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

@JustKamToo: I thought I heard something about confirming there is NOT a paper doll thing, but yes I also hope its in there. I want to know if Argonians can go werewolf, more about the factions, and loads of other things, but I'd rather experience this stuff for myself!

#3 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

AFAIK there isnt a standard paperdoll, you have to go 3rd person and swing the camera around. Kind of unintuitive but I dont mind too much. Heard archery in 3rd person is much better though. :]

Really want to find out any dragon shouts we havent seen yet, if racials scale (im looking at you dunmer,) but mostly the daedric stuff & guilds.

#4 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Not to sound cynical or anything but I am dying to find out if the combat will actually be enjoyable and not make me want to punch something. I played and loved Fallout 3 but cringed every time I had to fight something, VATS just always seemed boring to me (not that it's in Skyrim of course) and the melee combat boiled down to backing up while wildly swinging my sword. If Skyrim actually has some substance to it's combat I will a lot more excited for the game than I am currently.

#5 Posted by Hemmelight (164 posts) -

I hope the PS3 version isn't shit. My iMac only meets the minimum required specs and I'm not going to buy an Xbox for one game.

#6 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I'm dying to see if Bethesda skipped the middle man and just added the sex and pregnancy mods themselves.

Actual answer: I want to see if the Nerevarine is mentioned and I want to see the relationship between Argonians and Dunmer after you-know-what happened.

#7 Posted by project343 (2823 posts) -

@Zenaxzd said:

Not to sound cynical or anything but I am dying to find out if the combat will actually be enjoyable and not make me want to punch something. I played and loved Fallout 3 but cringed every time I had to fight something, VATS just always seemed boring to me (not that it's in Skyrim of course) and the melee combat boiled down to backing up while wildly swinging my sword. If Skyrim actually has some substance to it's combat I will a lot more excited for the game than I am currently.

Backpeddling is practically non-existent in Skyrim because they slow your movement down dramatically when walking backwards.

#8 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I wan to know if the combat is any good this time. If not I will not be playing it.

#9 Posted by uberpwner93 (413 posts) -

I have a few things I'm dying to find out.

1 - I'm getting it on the PS3. Will it be garbage on it? I doubt it but look at the last few efforts from Bethesda on the PS3.

2 - Will the DLC be few and far between or every several months.

3 - Is there really decapitation?

#10 Posted by yakov456 (1908 posts) -

Oddly enough I want to see how well the environment effects are. Trees swaying, snow falling, etc. The last game was more about atmosphere for me more than anything else. Suppose that is why I wasn't big on the last couple of Fallout games, environments were just too bland for my tastes.

#11 Posted by DonChipotle (2745 posts) -

I am dying to know if this game is good.

#12 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -

I just want the environments to look spectacular.

#13 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

@uberpwner93: At about 1:25 there is a dude cutting off another dude's head.

#14 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

I know pretty much everything I want to know at this point (which would bother some people, but not me). Now I just want to play the game and see how all those things work in practice.

#15 Posted by uberpwner93 (413 posts) -

@Aronman789 said:

@uberpwner93: At about 1:25 there is a dude cutting off another dude's head.

How did I skip this video?

Anyway, thanks for that. One thing to take off my list.

#16 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

I'm dying to find out if it is good or not...

#17 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -
#18 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

I'm dying to find out just how malleable the Radiant AI will be this time, as well as how flexible all the customization really is. Also I wonder how many artefacts will make it in this time like Azura's Star. Azura's Shrine almost always guarantees that awesome soul gem since Morrowind (not sure if the Star existed prior to this and haven't bothered to check yet).

#19 Edited by Jikla (158 posts) -

@NickL said:

I'm dying to find out if it is good or not...

Same. People and their grandmas are hyping this game so much it better be good.

Kinda worried about buggs and glitches as well.

#20 Posted by Captain_Insano (1537 posts) -

I didn't mind the combat in Oblivion (though it wasn't great)

What I hated was the fact that the levelling was gimped. The game was only fun when I turned the difficulty down and was able to feel more powerful in the game, but then I felt overpowered. On normal difficulty, no matter how high a level I was I always felt weak or average because everything levelled with you. From what I've heard I hope that in this game weak enemies stay weak and strong enemies are strong.

#21 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

@Zenaxzd said:

This exactly. Apparently though, from what I've read, this is something they're addressing. So, I might have to buy this game.

#22 Posted by Toxin066 (3287 posts) -

Who framed Roger Rabbit.

#23 Posted by MOLE (321 posts) -

Does anyone know if you're able to zoom in and out from your character in 3rd person? Or am I stuck with one camera distance from my character?

#24 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11714 posts) -

@FreakAche said:

I want to find out how

Sheogorath's confirmed presence is explained, considering the events of Shivering Isles

For some reason, that screenshot excited me. And I guess I would like to find that out too. However, personally I am excited to see how the Dark Brotherhood questline will go down. Considering that was easily the best questline for Oblivion, I'd like to see them try to top it.

#25 Posted by Moonshadow101 (563 posts) -

I guess I just want to know what the factions are all about, what their motivations are and how we'll interact with them.

@FreakAche: Nothing that happened at the end of the Shivering Isles should be taken at face value. Part of being the "God of Madness" is lying.

#26 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

@project343 said:

@Zenaxzd said:

Backpeddling is practically non-existent in Skyrim because they slow your movement down dramatically when walking backwards.

This is interesting. It doesn't really mean combat won't be boring but I assume that must mean there will be new tactics you have to employ to do any melee combat.

#27 Edited by Sanity (1905 posts) -

The story really has me interested, i like it a lot more then Oblivion's already. At least for once we dont start as a prisoner. (i think?)

#28 Edited by alexl86 (621 posts) -

Oddly enough, what I want to see is related to how marriage and companions works. I want to see if I can bring my significant other as a companion and do quests with them. I usually play a loner in Bethesda games, but I think it would be an interesting experience.

I think it would be infinitely preferable to just having a boring housewife to go home to, like a maid or something.

Edit:

@dudy80 said:

The story really has me interested, i like it a lot more then Oblivion's already. At least for once we dont start as a prisoner. (i think?)

Actually, like in Morrowind and Oblivion, you start as a prisoner.

#29 Posted by Sanity (1905 posts) -

Hmm, oh well i guess its a easy way to start a game for them.

#30 Posted by selbie (1899 posts) -

If dragons tears are delicious.

#31 Posted by Commisar123 (1792 posts) -

I really want to know how different the combat is. Also, how buggy it is at launch.

#32 Posted by lmenzol (271 posts) -

@MistaSparkle said:

@JustKamToo:I'd rather experience this stuff for myself!

#33 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -

Dragon sex, yes or no?

#34 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

@Starfishhunter9 said:

Dragon sex, yes or no?

I do believe your goal is to kill all the dragons, not hump them.

#35 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

How fast will I be able to make custom spells that rape the game?

#36 Posted by alexl86 (621 posts) -

@Green_Incarnate said:

You won't. They took it out.

#37 Edited by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

@alexl86 said:

@Green_Incarnate said:

WTF REALLY? That was the best part of the game. Literally extended Oblivion like 100 hrs. Fucking sucks. You can still enchant tho right?

God damn it. I don't trust bethesda to balance their games correctly. At least custom spells in Oblivion helped remedy that.

#38 Posted by alexl86 (621 posts) -

@Green_Incarnate said:

@alexl86 said:

@Green_Incarnate said:

WTF REALLY? That was the best part of the game. Literally extended Oblivion like 100 hrs. Fucking sucks. You can still enchant tho right?

Yes, enchanting is a skill now. It's not tied to your spellbook anymore, so knowing a fire spell isn't enough to get a fire enchant. You have to learn enchanting effects, I guess. As for the spells, they wanted them to feel more magical and not so "spreadsheety".

#39 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

@alexl86 said:

@Green_Incarnate said:

@alexl86 said:

@Green_Incarnate said:

Yes, enchanting is a skill now. It's not tied to your spellbook anymore, so knowing a fire spell isn't enough to get a fire enchant. You have to learn enchanting effects, I guess. As for the spells, they wanted them to feel more magical and not so "spreadsheety".

Or to elaborate, they're more focused on being discrete spells with unique functionality instead of a set of spell effects that are all modified by cookie cutter magnitude and duration and radius settings and such on a per-spell basis. For instance, now there's a flamethrower and a fireball spell which have different situational uses, as opposed to a bunch of different named fireball spells with different magnitudes that behave exactly the same, and you just use the best one you have all the time.

#40 Posted by project343 (2823 posts) -

@Zenaxzd said:

This is interesting. It doesn't really mean combat won't be boring but I assume that must mean there will be new tactics you have to employ to do any melee combat.

I've been watching a ton of leaked footage and the combat does seem a fair bit more tactical. I think the biggest tactical change to the combat is the new Dragon Shout mechanic. You're given an arsenal of powers, but they each have long cooldown times (between 60 seconds, and 300 seconds). I was watching a skilled mage earlier use Ice Form (a cone attack that freezes multiple opponents) combined with Whirlwind Sprint (a quick jolt of speed in a direction) to out-maneuver some clearly-stronger-than-he enemies. Combined with some precise Conjuration and a couple good sword swings, he managed to tank these two enemies throughout an entire dungeon and walk away alive--despite the fact that he looked 15 levels too weak to handle them.

#41 Posted by Hilikus (279 posts) -

If there is another "Whodunit" quest

#42 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

If the combat system is any good.

#43 Posted by AdSapien (104 posts) -

I find that these games' quality is directly related to what the player is expecting. The Single-player MMO vibe might invite comparisons to other fantasy MMORPGs but the Elder Scrolls games exist in a middle ground between a handful of genres. Because of the multiple overlaps, any player than goes into it expecting their preferred genre is often disappointed in the functional difference. Because I wanted a game with open ended paths, solitude, and narrative, I personally loved Morrowind. The massively open-world single player RPG genre is my ideal escapism, if Skyrim stays true to that vision, I know I will love it.

#44 Posted by Veektarius (4812 posts) -

Guess I'm curious how much of the combat will be cheesing by circle-strafing and kiting and how much will be just pure good reactions and strategy. That's a place where there's a lot of room for improvement in the series.

#45 Posted by BasketSnake (1199 posts) -

I want to see if they captured the atmosphere as well as RDR.

#46 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2992 posts) -

how far my arrows can fly

#47 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -
@Zenaxzd said:

@Starfishhunter9 said:

Dragon sex, yes or no?

Well yeah, but if you could, you would.
#48 Posted by PieGuy (313 posts) -

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@Zenaxzd said:

@Starfishhunter9 said:

Dragon sex, yes or no?

Well yeah, but if you could, you would.

Well seeming as it is a dragon, no?

#49 Posted by namegro (2 posts) -

I wanna know if you become king. Like in Fable 3. I think that would be sick. or maybe like adviser to the king where you get to make decisions about the throne. I know that you can affect the trades of the city already by hurting crops so they have to buy from other cities. I think it would add a fun aspect the the end of the game after you beat the main story line and are just screwing around racking up hours.

thoughts?

#50 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

I want to know how big the world is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.