What did you do with Cicero? (spoilers)

#1 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Hi duders!

So, i've been thinking, in the Dark Brotherhood questline you meet this quite mad jester, Cicero? Remember?

In the Dawnstar Sanctuary, you have the choice to either kill him or let him live. Now, i've been thinking...

Cicero wants to go back to the Old Ways of the brotherhood. The Five Tenets are as follows:

1. Never dishonor the Night Mother. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis. (Astrid did this)

2. Never betray the Dark Brotherhood or its secrets. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis. (Astrid did this).

3. Never disobey or refuse to carry out an order from a Dark Brotherhood superior. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis. (If you let Cicero live, you break this tenet)

4. Never steal the possessions of a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis.

5. Never kill a Dark Brother or Dark Sister. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis. (Astrid almost broke this tenet by wanting to kill Cicero).

So, what should you do? Everything Cicero wanted to do was go back to the Old Ways. But you break a tenet if you let Cicero live, and break a tenet if you kill him. In my opinion, the Brotherhood should reinvoke the Tenets.

Without them, they're just assassins with no discipline. And the Keeper is a sacred position that the Night Mother would probably not like if her Keeper was lost. But Lucien LaChance (the Spectral Assassin), comments that killing Cicero is the will of Sithis.

God damn, I need to lie down and think a bit on this.

#2 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

I killed him because I wanted to wear his ballin ass clown suit.

#3 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

I killed him because he was a dangerous nut.

So was my character.

#4 Posted by Sumbog (506 posts) -

I ganked him for that hot suit of his, also he was weird.

#5 Posted by Petiew (1360 posts) -

I let him live. We were an inseperable, creepy murdering duo for the rest of my time in Skyrim.

#6 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

I believe I killed him.

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I killed because that dance of his was worth nothing less than death.

#8 Posted by dr_mantas (2053 posts) -

I let him live, because the Spectral Assassin I had summoned kept saying how I'm not supposed to kill him.

However, I realized I really dislike all the occult mambo-jumbo in the Dark Brotherhood...

Now the Morag Tong on the other hand. Those were some assassins!

#9 Posted by HerbieBug (4208 posts) -

I killed him in an appropriately Bethesda style glitchy fashion. See my guy was pretty low level and every time I fought Cicero he beat me easily. Finally I snuck up to the door of his room and shot him with a poisoned arrow while he was sleeping. Which killed him. Only the game didn't cancel his scripted dialogue and animation routine, so his corpse warped to standing position, said his lines, then warped back to the ground dead. I laughed for a solid five minutes after that. :D

Even so, the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim was a big letdown from the greatness of the Oblivion Dark Brotherhood.

#10 Posted by Brendan (8131 posts) -

@punkxblaze said:

I killed him because I wanted to wear his ballin ass clown suit.

Skyrim.

#11 Posted by JTmax (1 posts) -

I killed him because I had just been through all that crap with the snow monster and everything, (it was a yeti I think) not to mention all those stinking ghosts. So I killed his sorry butt, stole his clothes and threw them in the water (yeah that threw them in the water bit is a lie) XD

#12 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

I killed Cisero because I thought he was going to turn into a werewolf at some point.

But that clown suit is pretty ballin.

#13 Posted by wjb (1696 posts) -

I killed him, and then the ominous, cathartic tone from Hotline Miami came on as I went back to my DeLorean...I mean, horse.

#14 Posted by Legion_ (1557 posts) -

ARROW IN THE KNEE

#15 Posted by Example1013 (4807 posts) -

TECHNICALLY letting him live doesn't violate any tenets, because you're the Listener, the highest-ranking member of the Dark Brotherhood.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.