Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

what level are you?

• 79 results
    Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By BulletproofMonk

19 after 45 hours.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Toxin066

Level 50 battlemage after whoknows how many hours.

kirklebum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By kirklebum

@norenewalfee said:

What the hell? I am 42 hours in right now and am only level 18. Thought it was going pretty good so far :-( ...

Finished the college, thieves guild and am about a third through the story (right were you find that one human made shout)... Can anybody help?

If you are trying to level up solely by fighting and aren't varying your play style you're only really leveling up your weapon and armor trees which will severely limit your overall level.

The easiest way to level up that I know of is to get a bunch of iron ingot and leather strips and craft tons of iron daggers. I'm about 45 hours in and just beat the main quest. I'm level 35 and most of my levels came from smithing and enchanting iron daggers with absorb health (all you need is iron ingot, leather strips and petty soul gems to get started.) If you have a bunch of money saved up it isn't too difficult to just buy the items you'll need to improve those skills. Before I hit level 100 in smithing I'd usually do a quest and when I went back to my house to drop off my loot I'd stop by the blacksmith and bang out a few daggers. I'm sure there's a more efficient way of doing it but I was having fun questing and exploring. I never really felt like I was too low a level, in fact, the main story quests were kind of easy at level 35 and I was a Nord dragon puncher.

gamerzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By gamerzach

I'm level 10 and an mage/1-hand weapon skilled, i am doing the main quest but just for curiosity, how does the object map/thing in the upside of the screen work, i don't get it

norenewalfee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By norenewalfee

@BulletproofMonk: Finally one who is one the same level as me. I don´t know how the others do it. Anyways having a blast!

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Tomkang

Level 42 Orc Two Handed, Half way through the main quest, done the imperial and companions chains and explored far too many caves

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By penguindust

I only started yesterday because Steam had it on sale for 33% off. I made it to level 5 before turning in for bed. Really great game so far, I am liking it better than Oblivion in many respects.

EDIT: 4 days since I originally posted this and I am now at level 10. Woo-hoo!

lancereagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By lancereagle

47. Not even close to finishing the main quest. Too much more interesting stuff to do. That dragon may never be killed thanks to procrastination/ distraction.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 28

#59  Edited By fillmoejoe

Level 52 Argonian Archer; I just finished the main quest, the civil war, most of the guild missions got all the Dragon Masks and Dragon Shouts too.

Currently trying to get all the perks for my main skills (Light Armor, Stealth, Archery, Enchantment) then buy all the houses and get all the Daedric artifiacts.

After that I'll make a new character, maybe try that unarmed build or roll with a pure mage.

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BigChickenDinner

213 hours....

That is 8.875 days of real time......

And it goes on.

JoshMcC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By JoshMcC

I found when I hit the late 20s, I switched from one handed/shield blocking/heavy armor to using lots of conjugaration and alteration spells like bound sword and ironflesh I started leveling up much quicker. I would recommend that to anyone - that and the smith daggers idea. Both got me to jump 10 levels in no time. I'm now lvl 39 argonian and have finished the companions, winterhold and about half the main quest line - 40 plus hours in.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm currently at level 49 and playing on master difficulty. i'm running around with a bipedal lolcat thief/assassin who has chosen to side with the stormcloaks. those nords aren't so bad after you prove your worth to them. hell, ulfric offered me a house, a housecarl, and he's cool as shit after the initiation into the stormcloaks.

brundlefly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By brundlefly

I'm on the verge of level 38 right now. I've got 74 hours and change into it so far. I was playing a Ranger style until around level 34, and that's when I just started dumping experience into destruction and 'smithing so I can level a bit faster. Looking to wrap up the Thieves Guild quests today so I can jump into Arkham City!

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By InternetCrab

Level 17 High Elf.

72 smithing, 30 destruction, and 15 alchemy. Those are the skills i tend to raise up. Haven't bothered with alchemy yet though.

Dark Brotherhood and Imperial done. Soon done with the main quest line.

Avatar image for dakotaleejohnson
    DakotaLeeJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DakotaLeeJohnson

Level 1 Orc. My games bugged where I csn't even see.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By swoxx

None of your god-damned business.

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
    Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#67  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

in the mid 40s on both PC and 360

Avatar image for runeseekermireille
    RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Elf Mage - 52 (Transitioning to Battlemage)

Dark Elf Warrior - 40

Dark Elf Thief - 46

Those are the ones I alternate between at the moment. I have about 12 other characters, mostly level 50, who I've shelved in an "Old Characters" file. My mage is a keeper, and I'll probably replace the Thief with another one soon, maybe Khajiit this time...

Now that I think of it, I've never even gotten close to beating the Main Quest. Farthest I've gotten is starting Diplomatic Immunity.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By FunExplosions

54 and my progress has all but halted. I still use my maxed out Destruction skills and have already maxed out Enchanting and Smithing, and don't sneak or use bows. The only things keeping my level slowly crawling along are lockpicking and Alchemy. I've been working on double Enchanting and ultra Smithing a full set of Ebony armor and a Skyforge Steel Sword so I can switch over to some melee stuff.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I'm like 100 hours in and level 38. My game is a slow burn. Finally about to max out destruction, and almost there with conjuration. Finished just about all the main stuff (That I know of anyway) and kinda just picking a random quest and going with it. What's really fun is just turn on all your quests, pick an arrow, and go. Maybe I'll start using weapons, but all they are to me right now are extra weight.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#71  Edited By EightBitShik

@SlasherMan: Holy shit what is the level cap?

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By theoldhouse

68 and done with the game for now.

Probably start a new character in a year or 2

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By Christoffer

I'm lvl 45 and I the main quest is the only this left to finnish. I think I'm about half way through the main. 124 hours... oh my.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ajamafalous
    @themangalist said:

@ajamafalous said:

Stopped playing like three weeks ago, but I was level 52. Had only gotten up to "Retrieve the horn of Jorgen Windcaller" in the main quest, and the only other main questline I did was the College of Winterhold. Hadn't even set foot in any city besides Whiterun.

You serious? What were you even doing?

(well technically you did step outside Whiterun if you went to the college of Winterhold)

Walking around the map, looking for shit to fuck up. Let's just say giants and dragons alike now fear the name Lizard Wizard.
    SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SlasherMan

@EightBitShik said:

@SlasherMan: Holy shit what is the level cap?

I believe the hard cap is 81, at which point all skills are maxed out at 100.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By fetchfox

My first character, an Orc, is lvl 61, but for the moment I'm playing a Dark Elf warrior/thief which is at lvl 11.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77  Edited By EightBitShik

@SlasherMan: All skills are 100? But what about the perks can you max those all out? or do you only get 81 perks?

maxB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By maxB

43 haven't beat the main quest, beat the thieve's guild, beat the companions, helped the rebels take Solitude, and almost done with the dark brotherhood. Sadly there is a bug with the College of Winterhold quest and I cant beat it until its patched. Focusing on sneak, illusion, archery, and one handed weapons.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SlasherMan

@EightBitShik said:

@SlasherMan: All skills are 100? But what about the perks can you max those all out? or do you only get 81 perks?

Only one perk per level, so yeah.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.