What's the best review you've read today?

#1 Posted by bbot23 (16 posts) -

As of now, metacritic has 49 reviews of Skyrim. I read the reviews from Giantbomb and 1UP, both really good, but I was wondering if anyone read any others that they liked? I don't normally read reviews so I don't know who is respected in the industry or who gives the most brutally honest reviews, but I need my dose of Skyrim blocks of text!

Any recommended reads?

#2 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Damnit, 49 reviews and all 90 or higher. This is aparently not a divisive game.

#3 Edited by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

I'm waiting until after I play the game tomorrow night before I read reviews or watch release coverage of any kind. It's so fucking hard! But, I am paying attention to the scores given.

#4 Posted by Sanity (1896 posts) -

Crazy, up to 52 reviews and a 96 average. One things for sure, Skyrim has a lot of GOTY awards coming its way.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@jozzy said:

So the Destructoid review isn't up yet?

#6 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

None of them?

#7 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
@Ravenlight said:

@jozzy said:

They gave it a ten.
#8 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

RockPaperShotgun wrote a Wot I Think (which is a review really sans a numbered score). So far it's pretty damn good and it's so big he's reviewing it in separate WITs.

#9 Posted by Sanity (1896 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Ravenlight said:

@jozzy said:

They gave it a ten.

Jim Sterling no less.

#10 Posted by Fattony12000 (7263 posts) -
#11 Edited by falling_fast (2208 posts) -

I usually like rockpapershotgun's written reviews best, and that holds true in this case.

#12 Posted by DaemonBlack (342 posts) -

Brad's was really well done I thought.

#13 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@damnable_fiend said:

I usually like rockpapershotgun's written reviews best, and that holds true in this case.

yup, RPS is always the best, even if you aren't a PC player.

#14 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

So who's going to write that one review that has to hate on the game just because everyone else likes it? There's always some cynic out there...

#15 Posted by leftie68 (215 posts) -

So unfair! With time for only one massive game this holiday season I was hoping for a Skyrim let down so I could journey to Hyrule "wondering-free" this November and December. Now it looks like I have a big decision to make...Skyrim or Skyward Sword. Damn you 2011!!!!

#16 Posted by MetalMoog (908 posts) -

Yeah but is it as good or deserving of GOTY as Dark Souls? That my friends is the question.

#17 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

@leftie68 said:

So unfair! With time for only one massive game this holiday season I was hoping for a Skyrim let down so I could journey to Hyrule "wondering-free" this November and December. Now it looks like I have a big decision to make...Skyrim or Skyward Sword. Damn you 2011!!!!

#18 Posted by MikkaQ (10278 posts) -

@dudy80 said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Ravenlight said:

@jozzy said:

They gave it a ten.

Jim Sterling no less.

Then he must be trolling. Surely Skyrim is terrible.

#19 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@dudy80 said:

Crazy, up to 52 reviews and a 96 average. One things for sure, Skyrim has a lot of GOTY awards coming its way.

Are you surprised?

#20 Edited by Sanity (1896 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@dudy80 said:

Are you surprised?

At a 96? A bit, i knew the game would be good but i guess i was hesitant as to not let my self be let down. After playing for a few hours i love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.