What's the funniest glitch you've seen in Skyrim?

• 83 results
#51 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2167 posts) -

Louis Letrush multiplying outside Whiterun Stables, 3 of them now, and one of them with his legs in the ground. I took this when it started to get weird. I also see this guy in various places being attacked and killed by a fully armoured thug, dying each time it happens. I hope they don't fix this because it's quite baffling. I'm also quite tempted to console command a whole bunch of them.

#52 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -

I found one where I found a camp where an NPC was supposed to come over and talk to me as I approached but instead she and the other people in the camp were firing arrows in the distance and at first I thought they were firing at me, only when I went up to attack they showed as friendly. It was then that I turned to my left to notice a giant running towards the camp full sprint and with one whack he sends me, my horse, and a couple of NPCs flying into space. Another funny glitch I had was one I've had in Bethesda RPGs before. The NPC in a place they shouldn't be. I found a drunk beggar in a cave filled with skeletons and spiders, he apparently wasn't aware as he was content to tell me we should go get drinks as I had given him a gold coin earlier.

Other than that I've had an occasional texture glitch which renders everyone's armor bright pink, and a couple of crashes on the PC but I still haven't been able to play the game as much as I want because of stupid finals. In fact I should be studying right now but instead I'm posting on internet forums.

#53 Posted by Grilledcheez (3958 posts) -

Levitating mammoths

#54 Posted by Grilledcheez (3958 posts) -

@yakov456 said:

Saw a lonely mammoth suddenly take off like a rocket straight up. A few seconds later he came soaring back down landing on his feet like nothing happened.

Same...many times lol

#55 Posted by Capum15 (5000 posts) -

The only noticeable one I've seen is the whole "dragon skeleton(s) spawning and getting stuck in buildings/rocks/trees/the ground" thing.

#56 Edited by StrainedEyes (1333 posts) -

One of the big stones in Markarth pooped out a little girl behind the guy I was talking to, needless to say I have no idea what the conversation was about.

#57 Posted by Beforet (2934 posts) -

I saw a rabbit running underwater. Not swimming, mind you, but running as if he were on land.

#58 Posted by fini_fly (767 posts) -

I'm not sure if it was a glitch, but I saw someone go over a waterfall. It was in the middle of nowhere too.

#59 Posted by wafflesrok (17 posts) -

I had a tiger kill me... while I was speaking to an Inn keeper

Glitch... or sabre tooth tiger evolution into thumb owning beings

#60 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

This may be due to me turning on vsync, but when I used a paralyze spell on a snowcat, his body flew up in the air, and quickly spun in circles as it flew all over area. If anything in Skyrim needed the Yakety Sax song, that was it.

#61 Posted by SIXSIDES (30 posts) -
I couldn't stop laughing
#62 Posted by Taefarinas (88 posts) -

I was in Morthal and went up to a guard. He started to tell me to "Watch the skies, traveler" when a dead frostbite spider fell from sky and landed between us. I thought that maybe he had killed it and the graphics were loading up, but then two more fell with large thuds from the sky. All dead, all empty. I went back a few (in-game) hours later and a fourth was there too.

#63 Posted by briangodsoe (484 posts) -

I was cutting through a Forsworn camp when I got to what seemed to be the last man standing. My character was seemingly getting ready to do the decapitation animation on him but then my sword just held still and the Forsworn in front of me just dropped dead without me touching him. I stared him to death.

#64 Posted by thellama042 (111 posts) -

Oh Bethesda... Your jank makes me happy in all the right places...

#65 Posted by HandsomeMuffin (108 posts) -

My funniest one HAS to be when my horse stepped onto a dragons tail and the dragon flew off with it, moments later when the dragon swoops down to attack my horse slides off its tail at about triple the speed of the dragon and suicides into the ground... I couldn't believe my eyes!

#66 Posted by l4wd0g (2016 posts) -

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but almost every time I enter Whiterun I'm attacked by a dragon. Once I was attacked by an elder dragon, walked into my home, left my home and was attacked again by another effing dragon. It really kind of sucks because the dragon attacks have made the population of Whiterun pretty sparse

#67 Posted by Atlas (2457 posts) -

@RhombusOfTerror said:

Louis Letrush multiplying outside Whiterun Stables, 3 of them now, and one of them with his legs in the ground. I took this when it started to get weird. I also see this guy in various places being attacked and killed by a fully armoured thug, dying each time it happens. I hope they don't fix this because it's quite baffling. I'm also quite tempted to console command a whole bunch of them.

This is happening to me too. My third Louis just showed up. It's quite a sight. I'm pretty sure the one in the ground is actually in the riding a horse animation, since I gave him a stolen horse after a quest in Riften.

It's like a procedurally generated Garry's Mod. If only I had some red barrels...

#68 Posted by tavit (62 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tZmnaro79Y&feature=related

I don't know why, but this glitch make me laugh so hard!

#69 Posted by fetchfox (1363 posts) -

(Not really a glitch, just stupid AI) I finished a rescue mission yesterday, and as we're walking out of the prison, the rescued walks over to one of the dead thalmors I killed earlier, kneels and says "I'm gonna find whoever did this". Character AI is amazingly stupid now and then.

#70 Edited by ModernAlkemie (366 posts) -

Just ran into this little guy while exploring some of the Dwemer ruins under Markarth and I just cracked up. Definitely file this under Bethesda jank I am totally okay with.

Daaawwwww! I bet you want to be a fighter like your daddy when you grow up!
The little guy got pretty tuckered out after all that playing.
#71 Posted by Improbablej (5 posts) -

In Windheim, at some point all the dudes were bald. I mean ALL of them :o)

#72 Posted by DeadManRollin (69 posts) -

I was once riding a horse and suddenly some mages appear from nowhere and starts hurling fireballs at me. Out of panic, I pressed the jump and forward button together, and for a brief while, my horse vanished and I saw my character wading in the sky....but no horse beneath him! I was playing in 3rd person view, by the way. 

#73 Posted by pureguava (70 posts) -

NPCs rag-dolling strait up into the sky is always a treat.

#74 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

I clipped through a rockface, ended up in a cave, and was instantly murdered by some freaky monster. I just sat there like, "What...?"

#75 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2167 posts) -

@Atlas said:

@RhombusOfTerror said:

This is happening to me too. My third Louis just showed up. It's quite a sight. I'm pretty sure the one in the ground is actually in the riding a horse animation, since I gave him a stolen horse after a quest in Riften.

It's like a procedurally generated Garry's Mod. If only I had some red barrels...

Well a couple of days ago all this ended as somehow I had angered Louis and all 4 of them decided I was public enemy no. 1.

#76 Posted by Tesla (1945 posts) -

I smashed a Forsworn with my hammer inside her tent, which sent her through the tent wall. I walk outside to see where she landed to find her basically planking in midair. Her feet got caught on the tent, and she was stiff as a board with her arms at her side like she was being fired out of a cannon.

#77 Posted by maddy1456 (1 posts) -

Once i was in the college in Winterhold and Arcano started attacking me for no reason yelling "I knew i heard something" then everyone around me started running away. I ran outside and used Unrelenting Force on him and sent him flying off the bridge, i couldn't stop laughing because i ran down to where he was and he was still alive, on fire, head half way through the ground and getting attacked by a troll while yelling "i can not be defeated".Don't know how he caught on fire but it was funny.

And having Onmund as a follower and him saying that someones attacking him every minute but no enemies. And sending him home because it got annoying only finding a giant running towards him and sending him flying into space. After killing the giant and going to Whiterun his body landed right in front of me dead.He was also naked and he had an arrow sticking out of his head. It had his name and everything! :O Onmund could see his future. lol

#78 Posted by Tygerbite (36 posts) -

I used to have a dragon's skeleton that would follow me around. Every time I would fast travel to a city it would pop up on top of a roof or sometimes just in the middle of town.

#79 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1047 posts) -

Seeing an old lady running up into the sky as I exit from my Whiterun house.

#80 Edited by WynterThunderstein (1 posts) -

Well, I was sitting in my sister's room at half two in the morning, when she entered Candlehearth hall. As soon as she got in she realized other people were falling through the stairs. I thought it might be normal, and that someone could have just fallen down the stairs, then glitched. But he continued to fall through the floor. Then she realized she wasn't actually on the ground. She seemed to be floating above every one's heads. She went on upstairs for whatever reason, and there was another person, who too, was floating around aimlessly, who soon disappeared. She walked the circle of the Tavern a few times, then I noticed him fly past again. Again, she walked the circle. And then she got upstairs. This being after every one looking around like idiots when she spoke to them, she was there, as she was in third person, her body floating around, and coming through the wall downstairs. So she just walked around again, and she was floating again, there against the ceiling upstairs. So she went outside, hoping the glitch would end. No such luck. Her body was floating in the sky, it's legs bent and deformed. She looked like a human kite. Anyone else seen this before?

#81 Posted by darkgen (2 posts) -

One of my followers got drunk animation it was hilarious dwaddling in battle

#82 Posted by Noblenerf (332 posts) -

I think this got patched out, but at release there was some weird bug where a Giant's attack would send their target miles into the air when they kill their target. Saw many things far in the distance rocket skyward, and I believe it happened to me a few times, as well. One of the funniest glitches ever.

#83 Edited by believer258 (12207 posts) -

I saw someone swimming in mid-air. I've got a picture of it somewhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.