whats your favorite armor/weapon combo?

#1 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

With my first character, Talis, i was completely into everything Ebony.. roamed around in the complete Ebony armor set with every Ebony weapon possible, but was totally digging the warhammer..

now with my second character, Sonja, i started out in light armor but am currently wearing the Blades armor.. im also loving the dual wield with the two samurai katana's, Blades sword and Dragonbane

what combo's do you guys/gals roam with?

#2 Posted by Getz (2986 posts) -

Mace in main hand, long sword in off-hand, switch to dagger in main hand when I'm sneaking. It's usually Mace of Molag Bal/Mehrunes Razor and Ebony Sword, wearing the Krosis dragon priest mask and the rest is Nightingale Armor.

#3 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

I'm using the shrouded set (Legendary) and a daedric bow

#4 Posted by RuneseekerMireille (325 posts) -

My Spellblade is using Ebony Mail with matching Ebony Gauntlets and Greaves. My mage is switching between Nocturnal Robes, Psijic Robes, and Triss' Armor from The Witcher 2.

#5 Posted by stryker1121 (1323 posts) -

Made a full set of enchanted glass armor w/ a fire-infused glass sword in one hand and a Wall of Fire spell in the other...my brother.

#6 Posted by SuperCabboy (89 posts) -

I use the thieves guild armor and an Exquisite Ebony Bow.

#7 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

i see there is more love for the ebony stuff on GB..

i love the ebony mail, but sometimes in quests it can get annoying if you are to close to people and they start attacking you..quest fail, start over

yeh the Nightingale armor is what ended up with on my first character, it has that ninja feel to it lol

#8 Posted by INV2 (256 posts) -

Hey, if some dude's armor started leaking & spewing black poisonous goo all over you, you'd get mad too!

#9 Posted by mikey87144 (1648 posts) -

I role with a dragon helmet with the rest being deadric in build enchanted to make me a tank mage. Destruction costs me virtually nothing and the other enchantments are either magic regen or fortify magic. I do not encumber myself with weapons. I summon my sword or my bow.

#10 Posted by 137 (481 posts) -

I have drarven armor, building up my heavy armor leveling, was using two handed weapons for a while, went back to shield and sword and so far lifes been pretty decent, been wearing the masks I've gotten off of the cave mage and the whirlwind sprint stone mage as well.

#11 Posted by Blackout62 (1324 posts) -

Nightingale armor and a dagger.

#12 Posted by DaemonBlack (342 posts) -

Glass sword/lightning magic combo with Thieves Guildmasters armor

#13 Posted by Mjdemon (24 posts) -

I had all nightingale armor except for the chest cuz i used the Ebony Armor. Just looks like an amazing combo and when i crouched i looked extra cool. normally used conjured swords

#14 Posted by codynewill (166 posts) -

The Masque of Clavicus Vile with variously enchanted Elven armor. Then I use a glass bow for stealth, Mace of Molag Bol for when the shit hits the fan, and Sanguine Rose for crowd control. So far it has worked pretty well except when those damn ice pick mages kill my running speed by kneecapping me.

#15 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Ebony mail, Ebony boots, a Dragon Priest Mask and Daedric Gauntlets to get my punching damage up.  I just wish you could turn that Dragon Priest hood black....  That brown hood just doesnt go with it.  

#16 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1188 posts) -

Double Destruction magic. The second level fire skill. Level 29 right now 55 hours in. Really low defense light armor I have had since like 4 hours in which gives me 17% decrease in destruction magicka used per cast, and 75% faster magicka regeneration.

#17 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

@codynewill said:

The Masque of Clavicus Vile with variously enchanted Elven armor. Then I use a glass bow for stealth, Mace of Molag Bol for when the shit hits the fan, and Sanguine Rose for crowd control. So far it has worked pretty well except when those damn ice pick mages kill my running speed by kneecapping me.

i picked the mask as well.. the axe didnt do it for me

#18 Posted by Bribo (589 posts) -

Nightingale armour and a freeze shout.

#19 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Currently rocking a combination of Master Thieves' guild & Nightingale armor. Mainly using Nightingale bow and Mace of Molag Bol.

#20 Posted by codynewill (166 posts) -

@sideshow: I can see why you wouldn't want the Mace of Molag Bol. You can easily enchant any other weapon with soul trap to achieve the same effect and have a faster, more powerful base damage level.

#21 Posted by RyuHayabusa (23 posts) -

Armor: Nightingale armor(Agent of stealth)

Weapons: Daedric Daggers and Daedric bow

#22 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

i wish i had the patience to go stealth.. im a rusher (goes back to the first FPS days).. sometimes i try to sneak but always end up bashing and smashing.. taking off heads with the hammer just feels good :P

#23 Posted by Martin_The_Blind_Alligator (1 posts) -

Full daedric, except for the helmet, I use the shrouded hood (mage armor), but mainly for awesome looks. Even more awesome if you have a blind left eye in the game.

#24 Posted by saso777 (9 posts) -

I am using Nightingale armor and deadric bow

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.