PC version. So I'm moving really slowly. Not over-encumbered slowly: I'm a hundred pounds under my limit. And I can sprint, but that is also really slow. I tried reloading the game, fast traveling, sneaking and unsneaking, turning into a vampire lord, and having the vampire lady hit me with ice spells. Nothing has changed it. Setting my run speed in the console does not change it. I have just enough major mods installed that uninstalling them all would probably render the game unplayable. Loading an earlier save fixes this issue. I would rather not have to continue from an earlier save. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone?
Whee, another Skyrim bug
It could be a lot of issues to be honest that's causing your particular issue, so more descriptions would be helpful, but for an effective troubleshooting you want to reinstall the game and uninstall all mods, keep backup of your save files and then load up your save file with the problem without any mods installed. If the problem is still there then here are something you may want to take a look at:
- Is your caps-lock button ON when you start the game? Try toggling it OFF when starting the game and then turn it ON when playing vice versa.
- In your 'Acitve Effects' section, have you contracted any issues with permanent ice spells? Or other sideffects? (Shows: RED)
- Have you tried to drink a 'cure disease potion' or 'cure poison potion'?
- Do enemies move slowly too? If so it could be an issue with any slow movement perk, exempli gratia block bashing perk or slow time shout.
- Is your character stuck in the geometri? Does the issue persist if you toggle no collision (TCL) in the console?
- Does the issue persist if you select a bench/stool to sit on, start swiming, jumping or falling?
- Does your horse - if you have one - move slowly aswell?
If nothing in this thread helped you and you want solutions fast then I highly suggest you take a look at the official Bethesda forums for help, you might aswell sign up there and ask too.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.