Where are the final PC system requirements?

#1 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -
#2 Posted by kaedeno (8 posts) -

Bethesda might be erring on the side of caution after the disastrous PC launch of Rage relating to various hardware specs they hadn't tested properly.

#3 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

@kaedeno said:

Bethesda might be erring on the side of caution after the disastrous PC launch of Rage relating to various hardware specs they hadn't tested properly.

I hope this is the case. I didn't pick up Rage at launch like I was hoping to and am going to hold-out for awhile. I know the game is fine now, but my anticipation for Rage has subsided.

Anyway, with the recent 3 hour press event for Skyrim I thought maybe the specs would have been released then.

#4 Edited by MrOldboy (868 posts) -

How does the game even on PC? Admittedly I haven't searched out any PC footage or PC version talk. But I've only seen the 360 version to this point.

#5 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

@MrOldboy said:

How does the game even on PC? Admittedly I haven't searched out any PC footage or PC version talk. But I've only seen the 360 version to this point.

I would guess it looks exactly the same with universally longer draw distances, larger textures, and more texture caching abounding. Higher screen resolutions goes without saying.

#7 Edited by MrOldboy (868 posts) -

@JP_Russell said:

@MrOldboy said:

How does the game even on PC? Admittedly I haven't searched out any PC footage or PC version talk. But I've only seen the 360 version to this point.

I would guess it looks exactly the same with universally longer draw distances, larger textures, and more texture caching abounding. Higher screen resolutions goes without saying.

C'mon going by PC releases lately... From what I've seen, I think the lead platform is the 360. That's from a consumer perspective. Maybe the PC was lead, they haven't expressed it in a way that I would know about it. Therefore I have plenty to be worried about and will not assume any of the listed "enhances" you mentioned will exist when the PC version is out. For all I know its a console port. I am hoping the lead was PC, but haven't investigated or heard that it was.

#8 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

@MrOldboy said:

@JP_Russell said:

@MrOldboy said:

How does the game even on PC? Admittedly I haven't searched out any PC footage or PC version talk. But I've only seen the 360 version to this point.

I would guess it looks exactly the same with universally longer draw distances, larger textures, and more texture caching abounding. Higher screen resolutions goes without saying.

C'mon going by PC releases lately... From what I've seen, I think the lead platform is the 360. That's from a consumer perspective. Maybe the PC was lead, they haven't expressed it in a way that I would know about it. Therefore I have plenty to be worried about and will not assume any of the listed "enhances" you mentioned will exist when the PC version is out. For all I know its a console port. I am hoping the lead was PC, but haven't investigated or heard that it was.

I wasn't implying PC was the lead platform - quite the opposite. The things I listed are typical for console-focused multiplatform games on the PC and are relatively minor enhancements at best.

#9 Posted by Edwardryu (437 posts) -

it's Monday night. where is it?

#10 Posted by rentfn (1279 posts) -

I played Oblivion on 360 because my computer at the time was a rubbish, in fact it was the reason I bought a 360 was for it. Some friends in college had better rigs and it looked amazing on PC. I have a pretty good rig now and I should be able to play it with the settings up high. I hope the launch goes smoother then other recent PC games.

#11 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

@rentfn said:

I played Oblivion on 360 because my computer at the time was a rubbish, in fact it was the reason I bought a 360 was for it. Some friends in college had better rigs and it looked amazing on PC. I have a pretty good rig now and I should be able to play it with the settings up high. I hope the launch goes smoother then other recent PC games.

Yeah, same here. After seeing what happened with id software my confidence in any publisher/developer who has a long, successful history with the PC platform is on shaky ground. That is, until patches are released. I'd like to think that the reason it's taking so long for the PC specs is because they're "giving it their all" and want to take their time in making sure it'll run great on PC before they announce anything. Well, that's the impression I get from the Pete Hines' latest statement anyway.

What are your rig's specs?

#12 Posted by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

Here is a tweet from Monday afternoon by DCDecon (Pete Hines, head of Bethesda PR)

Testing for PC specs is going to run into tomorrow. Sorry, I tried. Shouldn't have given a timeframe without being sure. Apologies.

So, there you go.

#13 Posted by Aishan (1014 posts) -
Min PC specs: Win XP/7/Vista (32 or 64 bit), dual core 2GB, 2GB RAM, DX9c video card w/ 512MB RAM, Internet Access for Steam activation
Recom PC specs: Win XP/7, quad-core Intel/AMD CPU, 4GB RAM, 6GB HD, DX compat snd card, DX9 vid card w/ 1 GB. GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher
The Min specs get you playing,. The recommended specs let you play on High, not on Ultra. You'll want beefier rig for that.

http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon

#14 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

@Aishan said:

Min PC specs: Win XP/7/Vista (32 or 64 bit), dual core 2GB, 2GB RAM, DX9c video card w/ 512MB RAM, Internet Access for Steam activation
Recom PC specs: Win XP/7, quad-core Intel/AMD CPU, 4GB RAM, 6GB HD, DX compat snd card, DX9 vid card w/ 1 GB. GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher
The Min specs get you playing,. The recommended specs let you play on High, not on Ultra. You'll want beefier rig for that.

http://twitter.com/#!/DCDeacon

Thanks for the heads up! High it is.

#15 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

Cool my 4 year old computer should be able to play this just fine.....Hopefully.

#16 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

At least it shows they aren't prepared to just make shit up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.