Where do you buy property in whiterun ?

#1 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -

Can't find the realestate agent though the jarl has said i can buy stuff now.

#2 Posted by samurai1000 (36 posts) -

Same here. Had a quick look around but couldn't find anything.

#3 Edited by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -
@samurai1000
@RJMacReady
You buy it from Proventus Avenicci, the jarls advisor guy. Also the father of the smith lady I believe. He is usually standing like right next to the Jarl.
#4 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

@Resident4t said:

You buy it from Proventus Avenicci, the jarls advisor guy. Also the father of the smith lady I believe.

Correct. Also, it costs 5000 gold.

#5 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

If you have a quest involving him, just use the clairvoyance spell to locate him. He always seems to hide when I need to find him...

#6 Posted by Sanity (1896 posts) -

Also its sorta useless unless you buy some of the furniture. Not that it costs a lot but otherwise you will have a empty house.

#7 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -

@MistaSparkle: At first i had no interest in getting clairvoyance. I had a map, who needs this. I'm going back to get this skill. Some of my objectives are impossible to find. Clairvoyance i think is vital to this game.

#8 Posted by ADAMWD (580 posts) -

So, what do you get from buying property other than an achievement?

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

Century 15 should hook you up

#10 Posted by OtakuGamer (1227 posts) -

@RJMacReady said:

@MistaSparkle: At first i had no interest in getting clairvoyance. I had a map, who needs this. I'm going back to get this skill. Some of my objectives are impossible to find. Clairvoyance i think is vital to this game.

Yeah, map be damned. That spell is useful.

#11 Posted by Teaspoon83 (623 posts) -

The best thing about getting a home is storage!

#12 Posted by Cincaid (2955 posts) -

@ADAMWD said:

Storage, first and foremost for me.

And in the Winterrun house you can get an alchemist lab as well with furniture. Might be more upgrades in houses in other towns.

#13 Edited by RJMacReady (346 posts) -

@ADAMWD said:

I think i want to learn to enchant but it requires already enchanted armor to do this i believe. This armor has weight and i'm already pushing my load bearing capacity so if i have a place to store enchanted armor i can take advantage of this.

however its' 5k which is to much for me so i can't do it.

#14 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

The bookcases that you can put in your house are pretty sweet, They act as containers that will line up any books you want to store.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.