Who's got their pre-order down?

• 80 results
#1 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

Just got mine done, I realise I put it off for quite a while but it's done. Who else has put their money where their hype is?

#2 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

um... i had bought the steam version when it was first available... plus i got a nice viking helm for my TF2 heavy :P

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I did. Next Friday won't come quick enough.

#4 Posted by TorMasturba (1094 posts) -

Months ago, I know what level of quality I'll get so it made sense.

#5 Posted by Matll (18 posts) -

Gamestop has had my money for a couple of months now :)

#6 Edited by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

@Axxol said:

I did. Next Friday won't come quick enough.

Agreed, I have School that day as well. It'll be torture knowing that I'll have it sitting in my porch waiting to played.

#7 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

Pre-order put down back in May. Sadly I won't get my copy until the 14th, since I ordered from Amazon UK and I live in Sweden. Still, it's about 20 Euro cheaper that way. But man oh man, next weekend will be torture to read all threads about the game without being able to play it. :(

#8 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Only Did it proberly a week ago, now i cant play another game cuz im wanting to be playing skyrim now, sucks it isnt out now i have 5 days off, comes out soon as i go back to work D: .

#9 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I'm about to. Can't decide between Xbox or PS3 versions though. Oblivion was better on PS3 but they had longer to develop it. Fallout was noticeably worse on PS3...so I dunno.

#10 Posted by Jimbo (9813 posts) -

Yeah ordered the PC version for $30 a couple months ago.

#11 Posted by Milkman (16800 posts) -

I'll probably buy it day one. I might even go to the midnight release but I don't "do" pre-orders.

#12 Posted by NegativeCero (3003 posts) -

Have a gift card from Gamestop so preordered there not too long ago.

#13 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

I'm about to. Can't decide between Xbox or PS3 versions though. Oblivion was better on PS3 but they had longer to develop it. Fallout was noticeably worse on PS3...so I dunno.

I preferred Oblivon on 360 because the GOTY edition vampire bug just ruined it for me.

Isn't Xbox getting DLC earlier as well? I've pre-ordered the 360 version regardless.

#14 Posted by rynbeed (143 posts) -

Yup, traded in a handful of games and laid down some cash months ago at gamestop - now just waiting!

Good thing I have 2 mid-terms this week to keep me busy, the last one being on Thursday. It's almost perfect since I'll have the whole weekend free.

I forgot to ask, so just waiting for that text from them saying "Come pick up your game at midnight!!" so I don't have to wait till the store opens.

#15 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -

Already pre-ordered, and with a nice Skyrim T-shirt.

#16 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

I'm getting it for 40 bucks on day one at K-mart.

#17 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I need to be sold on the combat first.
If its more of the Oblivion type, I'm seriously doubting my purchase.

#18 Posted by SomeJerk (3251 posts) -

I want to place my pre-order this week but like Talicia I need to get a good clue on the combat and the lot. I was okay with Oblivion, but Morrowind I played for weeks more playtime than Oblivion. I also need to get an idea of what the PC version is like. If we're going to have consolitis issues and a console FOV, locked configs and a dire need to configure, or if it's even going to deserve the gold status it entered earlier this week (day one patch).

When is the embargo set to expire anyway?

#19 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

I need to be sold on the combat first. If its more of the Oblivion type, I'm seriously doubting my purchase.

Same here, but I'll probably be still getting it as December is slow at work and I get to "work from home".

#20 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

Pre ordered and got Friday off, let the games commence.

#21 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@SomeJerk said:

Thursday November 10th

#22 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

I'll get the PS3 version when it comes out but I don't see the need to pre-order it. It's not like one of the 100 places that sell games is going to run out of copies, let alone all of them.

#23 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Pre-ordering doesn't seem to be so much about guaranteeing yourself a copy of the game anymore, but more about snagging retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses. Especially on PC, the danger of "not having enough" is rendered ineffectual thanks to digital downloads.

#24 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Yupp! ready for pre-loading.

#25 Edited by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

Yeah, I got the Steam purchase and TF2 hat deal. I am sure I will enjoy the game - I'll be happy if it is just more Oblivion, frankly, but it looks like its really going to a better experience.

When OP said 'down' I was hoping he meant Steam pre-load and turned on my Steam client to check.

@SomeJerk said:

It is next Thursday, day before launch like most AAA games.

#26 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@Subjugation: And none of those are important enough to compel me to pre-order either. A meaningless character skin or some cheap early game weapon just doesn't appeal to me. I'll just play whats in the box. I just don't get pre-ordering games. Whats even worse when the PSN started offering pre-orders of digital games. Makes even less sense to me.

#27 Posted by project343 (2825 posts) -

Completely pre-purchased the Steame version of the game during that insane Quakecon bundle deal. You know, because prepurchasing Skyrim got me another 33% off that amazing Quakecon bundle.

#28 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I've got mine pre-ordered on Amazon. 

#29 Posted by ConfusedOwl (942 posts) -

Preordered a couple months ago. It's been hard waiting all this time but it's coming out next week. Would of been so much better if they released it on Saturday instead of Friday.

#30 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

I'll probably pre-order this week. I dunno.

#31 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

I got mine from amazon, and I dont have work that day

#32 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

Yep.

#33 Posted by Nux (2360 posts) -

I pre-ordered mine a few months ago, I really want that cloth map.

#34 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11739 posts) -

Yep, got it on steam.

#35 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Hell yeah, that sick cloth map.

#36 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@devilzrule27 said:

@Subjugation: And none of those are important enough to compel me to pre-order either. A meaningless character skin or some cheap early game weapon just doesn't appeal to me. I'll just play whats in the box. I just don't get pre-ordering games. Whats even worse when the PSN started offering pre-orders of digital games. Makes even less sense to me.

SICK FUCKING CLOTH MAP THOUGH.

#37 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@devilzrule27 said:

SICK FUCKING CLOTH MAP THOUGH.

Oh man, oh man, oh man!!!!!!! Running to the store now!

#38 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

Yeah, just placed my order on Amazon, and it feels damn good. Next friday can't come soon enough. Oh, you guys should know that it's not actually a cloth map, it's just a nicer material than a regular paper map.

#39 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

I was going to, but I've decided just to show up at my Kmart at six in the morning instead.

#40 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

@Soffish said:

Yeah, just placed my order on Amazon, and it feels damn good. Next friday can't come soon enough. Oh, you guys should know that it's not actually a cloth map, it's just a nicer material than a regular paper map.

Really? NICE. That's why I ordered on Amazon.

#41 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

Put my preorder down a couple weeks ago.

#42 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I've had it preordered for awhile. Now I'm just waiting for Steam to let me pre-load it and I'l pre-tend to pre-play it.

#43 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Buddy of mine sent me a Steam preorder for my birthday a month ago

#44 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Only game I have pre-ordered is Halo anniversary....I'll probably wait for the GOTY edition of this one, gives them time to iron out bugs.

#45 Posted by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

Pre-ordered a week or two ago, but won't get it Friday :(. Ordered it from Ozgameshop, so it'll take a while, but save myself $40.

#46 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (434 posts) -

About a month ago :)

#47 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -

I got mine ages ago, but It's from an overseas suppler so it could take 2 weeks to arrive!

#48 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5828 posts) -

I traded in HR and got $10 extra dollars for pre-ordering skyrim. 

So pumped.

#49 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Getting it on Steam. So I guess I'll buy it when pre-load is available.

#50 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Got my pre-order down myself to secure my cloth map. Not caring too much about art cards and a notebook that EB Australia have bundled for their regular collector's edition.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.