Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Why are PC gamers so stuck up about only playiing Skyrim on PC?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Arabes

Because the PC versions of Bethesda games look better, play better, are less buggy and give you a lot more options and features than the console version. So I prefer playing them on my PC. That and the fact my girlfriend wants to use her tv and not watch me shoot mutants on the face for hours on end.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I think the more important question is why DriveUpLife feels its necessary to troll the PC community. This isn't about console vs PC, this is about DriveUpLife wanting attention.

invadernick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By invadernick

Because the PC will most likely have faster load times. I hate loading screens.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RsistncE
    No Caption Provided
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By grilledcheez

I played the crap out of oblivion on xbox and had an excellent time. I recently bought it on pc and tried some mods, and while I realize it has aged and isn't the same with another character, I found the mods detracted from the experience they wanted me to have anyway. Overall I felt like Oblivion on xbox simply felt "right" to me, so I intend to play skyrim on it was well.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Sooty
    @GrilledCheez01 said:

I played the crap out of oblivion on xbox and had an excellent time. I recently bought it on pc and tried some mods, and while I realize it has aged and isn't the same with another character, I found the mods detracted from the experience they wanted me to have anyway. Overall I felt like Oblivion on xbox simply felt "right" to me, so I intend to play skyrim on it was well.

It would have felt right on PC if you played it the first time through on that though so I don't understand the argument. It doesn't feel right now because of how the game has aged, not because of the platform you are playing it on...

Problem with mods is you really need to know the right ones to get and know what you're installing, otherwise it's easy to jump in and be confused as to what the fuck is going on. I usually just go for graphical improvements and maybe a UI mod, I'm a bit put off gameplay enhancing ones for the most part.
    cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By cjmabry

Who cares? Seriously Giant Bomb, you're better than this. 

Why can't people play what they want? This thread is beyond stupid. 

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Chop

As a pretty much exclusive console players these days, I think Bethesda games are much better on the pc. Between texture packs and community patches...they kinda make the console versions look like betas. That said, I enjoyed Fallout 3 on my Xbox and I intend to enjoy Skyrim on it too. CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG!?

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By inkerman
    @DriveupLife
    Because Skyrim, Oblivion, etc are all better on PC than on console. And I don't think we have an issue with console player or anything, our issue is the simplifying of such games so developers don't have to rewrite the controls or interface for consoles.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ajamafalous said:

Like, this is such a blatant flamebait that I'm not even going to bother with a real response.

Is this what we've become, Giant Bomb?

Apparently. The platform wars are done, I just don't care whether people play on a PC, a console or a digital clinical thermometer.
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SpecTackle

Because fuck consoles. Fisherprice hardware.

Also, mods.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By niamahai

I'm gonna play my Skyrim with my Zojirushi

And no doubt www.zojirushi.com/ Skyrim will keep entertain and happy!

What do YOU play Skyrim with?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By JoeyRavn

Let me just say derp.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SpecTackle

Also, because consoles can't do this.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By AhmadMetallic

If you don't agree that the PC, being the superior machine, can give you a better experience everything-wise, then talking to you is a waste of time. 

Are you gonna give me the couch and controller argument? I have my Dualshock 3 connected to my PC (wireless) and have my PC connected to my HD TV. I sit on a couch using a wireless controller and a TV when i feel like it, and games look and run sooo much better than anything my tired PS3 can offer me.  

And about content, you clearly do not know what a mod is and what mods can do. You do not realize how powerful the PC community can be, altering games and enhancing the fuck out of them. It's too good to be true, but it is true.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By bacongames

@Ahmad_Metallic: To be fair the ugly-side of PC gaming is all the potential hassle and points of failure both hardware and software wise that can happen. Yes it happens on consoles too but I've been PC gaming for a long time and console gaming is so much more convenient. Not everyone wants to or can put a tower in their living room just to play games.

I don't understand that wanting to play the game on a platform that exploit the game's graphical potential and naturally fix and expand itself through modding can be a bad thing? Sure PC elitism isn't a good thing but if someone has the PC to play Skyrim, why wouldn't they do it? I mean it just doesn't make sense, unless of course their monitors are tiny and they'd prefer a bigger screen. Plain and simple: people want all their HD's and a PC can give them that.

Traditionally Bethesda games have been greatly supported and expanded on by mods when the regular game needed it and would often become bigger and better than it ever could have. It's less the specific mods but more that capability of freedom that makes the console version seem closed off and static.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By fjordson

Who cares what the PC elitists think? Play Skyrim on your console and enjoy the shit out of it, I know I will. Todd Howard himself said that 90 percent of their audience is on consoles, so it's obviously a perfectly reasonable way to play their games.

Anyone who looks down on someone else simply because they don't prefer the same platform can go fuck themselves.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Matfei90

We're not stuck up, you're just blatantly squandering the experience by buying a Bethesda studios game on a console.

The modding community extends and enhances the life of the product to an incredible degree. Even lingering bugs that the devs don't have the time or resources to track down after release eventually get patched by the community. Plus all the original content.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Tuffgong: The ugly side exists for all platforms and at least with a PC you often fix issues without voiding the warranty or sending something off for weeks and months at a time. Until something like EVGA's (and other similar companies) warranty & support is replicated by MS and SONY I'm not interested anymore. The failure rates have been too high when you consider how inconvenient it is for the consumer.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70  Edited By JTB123

It's about having the best experience playing that particular game. Take RE5 for example, not really a must have for "PC gamers" but the PC version runs and plays better on the PC and has no mercy mode to boot, which would not be possible to pull off on a console.

Just enjoy your systems.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#71  Edited By dagas

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Tuffgong: The ugly side exists for all platforms and at least with a PC you often fix issues without voiding the warranty or sending something off for weeks and months at a time. Until something like EVGA's (and other similar companies) warranty & support is replicated by MS and SONY I'm not interested anymore. The failure rates have been too high when you consider how inconvenient it is for the consumer.

When I lived in Canada I bought an EVGA Geforce 7800GT video card which broke. I had to send it to the US for replacement and I had to pay for shipping. When I got my replacement it too was broken so I sent that back and got another one that was broken. At that point I had spent months and about 80 bucks in shipping so I gave up. Back home in Sweden a few months later I bought a Powercolor Radeon 1650pro which worked fine. Needless to say I don't like EVGA very much.

When my 360 broke I called MS, they sent dudes to my home and picked it up, I didn't have to do anything nor pay for shipping. A couple of weeks later it came back working great and has worked ever since and I got a months of XBL Gold as compensation.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@dagas said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

When I lived in Canada I bought an EVGA Geforce 7800GT video card which broke. I had to send it to the US for replacement and I had to pay for shipping. When I got my replacement it too was broken so I sent that back and got another one that was broken. At that point I had spent months and about 80 bucks in shipping so I gave up. Back home in Sweden a few months later I bought a Powercolor Radeon 1650pro which worked fine. Needless to say I don't like EVGA very much.

When my 360 broke I called MS, they sent dudes to my home and picked it up, I didn't have to do anything nor pay for shipping. A couple of weeks later it came back working great and has worked ever since and I got a months of XBL Gold as compensation.

Iinteresting, because I've had almost the opposite experience. I purchased a GTX 285 second hand from a friend which still had lifetime warranty. It died. I contacted EVGA and they sorted out a replacement GTX 475 from my local distributor which only took a week or so to reach me. On the other hand my XBOX 360 had to repaired twice at my expense and I've read countless stories of people experiencing the same thing with the PS3.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DonPixel

@DriveupLife: I don't like memes.... in fact I HATE MEMES but:

No Caption Provided

Most likely both.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jimbo

@DriveupLife said:

If you PC gamers think that consoles are holding this genre of games back due to hardware or anything else, why are consoles growing as a larger and larger portion of the games market and certain games not even being released on PC anymore?

Why do more people eat at McDonald's than at 5* Restaurants? Why does Toyota sell more cars than Ferrari? Quality isn't the only factor.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#75  Edited By mracoon

For a troll post you guys have posted some rather intelligent comments which is nice to see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.