Elder Scrolls Novel Question

#1 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Have any of you read the Elder Scrolls novels? I ask because I'm looking for more books to buy and wanted to get some feedback from you guys. Apparently the series is set 40 years after the events of Oblivion. The second book in teh series was released in September.

#2 Posted by Aronman789 (2674 posts) -

I've never read it, but I heard it wasn't written too well and the characters are boring. I would probably recommend just reading a wiki page for it instead if you really want to know what happened.

#3 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

awww i thought it was gonna be a novel question not a question about novels

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

@Aronman789 said:

I've never read it, but I heard it wasn't written too well and the characters are boring. I would probably recommend just reading a wiki page for it instead if you really want to know what happened.

Thanks, I'm glad that I asked. I really trust the user reviews on Barnes and Noble's site.

#5 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2446 posts) -

I enjoyed it and liked the characters. The writing wasn't amazing but it got the job done and I thought it was okay overall.

#6 Posted by graybob (1 posts) -

I thought they both were great. I read them both in two days. I'm also an Elder Scrolls fanatic and having just beat Skyrim completely I needed more. I was actually on here tryin to google about a third novel. If your are an elder scrolls fan you will love these books.

#7 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3629 posts) -

I read it and the follow up, I really liked them. They have some interesting characters and the main plot line is kinda nuts in a good way. If you're an Elder Scrolls fan I'd recommend giving them a shot.
Also check out the author, Greg Keye's series, The Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone. There's four books in the series and they're pretty great, even better then the Elder Scrolls books he wrote.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.