Elder Scrolls V?

• 59 results
#51 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6041 posts) -

I'd love to see a Bethesda RPG set in a steampunk world, and this might be a step in that direction.  Sounds like a neat idea to me.
#52 Posted by Farmer (328 posts) -

I'll be happy if they just bring back the levitation spell.

#53 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -

You can't go wrong with more Elder Scrolls.
#54 Posted by Potter9156 (939 posts) -
Yeah, after reading the Infernal City, I don't think there will be any huge technological advances made during that 200 years. The Oblivion crisis messed them up.

@WinterSnowblind said:

" @Potter9156 said:

" @Rinkalicous said:

" @Potter9156: Weren't dice rolls basically removed in Oblivion, where you could never miss? 

Yeah. I was just assuming that Elder Scrolls V would return to the Morrowind/Daggerfall style dice rolls. "
That's about the one thing from those games we don't need to see return. We need a Morrowind/Daggerfall game, with Oblivion's combat."

The combat has never been great in ES games, I'll admit. It's just Oblivions combat was significantly worse. Any strategy found in Daggerfall or Morrowinds combat was removed, and replaced with button mashing in Oblivion.
#55 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -
@Gargantuan said:
" No guns please, that would suck. "
THIS
#56 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

The only way I would accept guns in an Elder Scrolls game was if they were actually original (not just machine guns and shotguns) and the game runs at 60 FPS.

#57 Posted by Vaile (355 posts) -
@PowerSerj said:
" @addictedtopinescent said:
" @pirate_republic said:
" It makes me wonder though, will it be fun without guns? We've all been used to Fallout 3, I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to go back to sword fighting and shields. And I don't think there is any way they could put guns in that isn't contrived. I guess there could be muskets and that sort, but would that be fun? As jeff says: modern guns > old guns. "
They could put guns like they have in Warhammer (fantasy versio btw), some of the races have wooden machine guns and electric cannons and shit, that would work imo "
Or they could just stick with melee weapons and bows. Combat with said weapons is way more awesome then shooting lasers. Fuck lasers and bullets. "
This.
#58 Posted by IndeedCodyBrown (391 posts) -

They Should Do Something New Like Make A Star Wars RPG ...... Oh wait
#59 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -

Oh man this would be great! Love to hear Bethesda is working on this. Would be just fabulous news in my opinion. Not that we'll get much in the way of an official announcement any time soon though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.