Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls

Franchise »

The Elder Scrolls is a long-running franchise of role-playing games made by Bethesda Softworks. The series is known for offering much freedom to the player and many choices of how to play.

Small Elder Scrolls V info.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiot

...and I do mean small, but at least it's something.

In a very strange, and I do mean strange leak, book website Waterstone  posted the time frame for the next Elder Scrolls game.
    On the site apparently, writer Greg Keye's upcoming Elder Scrolls book has a blurb not only establishing the time frame for his book, but the time frame for the next Elder Scrolls game. 

From Kotaku.

Author Greg Keyes is better known to me by his Star Wars Expanded Universe contributions, but as the writer on The Elder Scrolls: Infernal City, he's been promoted to "potential Bethesda informant."

A book blurb on the Waterstone's retail site reads "A novel that takes places forty-five years after the Oblivion Crisis, which is the story of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game and the expansion pack Shivering Isles. It partly bridges the gap for the next game, which is set 200 years after the Oblivion crisis."

So, assuming "the next game" in Oblivion continuity isn't a ZeniMax Online massively multiplayer online game, this might be a hint at an Elder Scrolls V. Although, to hear Bethesda's Pete Hines tell it, that's the natural conclusion anybody could draw from how well The Elder Scrolls IV sold.

Until now, we have only had vague agreements that another Elder Scrolls game is coming. This clarifies that at least something conceptually is currently being worked on.

Avatar image for crazycrazydoctor
    CrazyCrazyDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By CrazyCrazyDoctor

Strange, considering, from what I've seen, all of the Elder Scrolls have taken place within the Emperor I-forget-his-name's lifetime, the one who died at the beginning of Oblivion.

caduceus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By caduceus

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.