Where should the next Elder Scrolls game take place?

#1 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -
#2 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -

Personally, I'd like to go back to Morrowind and see the rest of the province.

If it wasn't there, I wouldn't mind seeing it take place in High Rock or Skyrim.

#3 Posted by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

Space, damnit!

In all honesty, I don't care as long as it comes out.

#4 Posted by Turambar (6709 posts) -

The entire continent.

#5 Posted by Korwin (2836 posts) -

Tamriel In it's entirety :D

#6 Posted by Rinkalicous (1339 posts) -

I'm betting it'll be set in Cyrodiil again, 'cept in the future, yo(as in, the future relative to Oblivion). However, as for where I think it SHOULD be set, I really want some Summerset Isles action. Beaches, meadows and forests sounds like a pretty winning combination to me.

#7 Edited by Demodocus (237 posts) -

My bet is Skyrim.  While Bethesda was working on Fallout 3, Zenimax  filed a copyright on the name skyrim so I'm gonna guess that.

#8 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

Mars.

#9 Posted by Three0neFive (2289 posts) -

I voted Skyrim though I would be perfectly fine revisiting Morrowind.

#10 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Skyrim or Elsweyr

#11 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Skyrim or Morrowind for sure.

#12 Posted by rjayb89 (7719 posts) -

Orlais

#13 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -
@Korwin said:
" Tamriel In it's entirety :D "
Haha but then how could they keep making the games?! I like how they're seemingly breaking them up by province.

@Rinkalicous said:
" I'm betting it'll be set in Cyrodiil again, 'cept in the future, yo(as in, the future relative to Oblivion). However, as for where I think it SHOULD be set, I really want some Summerset Isles action. Beaches, meadows and forests sounds like a pretty winning combination to me. "

If it is, it better look the way it's described in the lore. The generic world Oblivion gave us was nothing like what is described in the written text lol.
#14 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

I'd actually like to see Summerset Isle. It'd be an excellent way to use the "infinite ocean" thing like in Morrowind, unlike Oblivion which had invisible walls.

#15 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

What scale are we talking about? TES: Daggerfall size or TES: Oblivion?

#16 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

In space, the final frontier. 
Honestly, I would be so excited about the prospect of a Bethesda developed Star Trek TNG game.
#17 Posted by Rinkalicous (1339 posts) -
@Computerplayer1 said:
" @Korwin said:
Haha but then how could they keep making the games?! I like how they're seemingly breaking them up by province.   
Actually, the very first Elder Scrolls featured all of Tamriel, so that's been done. 
#18 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

I would say High Rock as it could be really interesting. With Orisinium there and the fact that it sounds the nicest that's where I would cast my vote for but Skyrim would be cool too.

#19 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

America.

#20 Posted by Rinkalicous (1339 posts) -

I can't believe how much love Skyrim is getting. You guys really want a snowy wasteland...? I hated the northern parts of Cyrodiil, and Skyrim sounds like it would be just that.

#21 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -
@Rinkalicous said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
" @Korwin said:
Actually, the very first Elder Scrolls featured all of Tamriel, so that's been done.  "
Touche, sir haha.

Although, it wasn't quite to scale as would be possible today.

I'm still terrified about an MMO.
#22 Posted by Wes899 (2107 posts) -

J: The Moon.

#23 Posted by Evilsbane (4579 posts) -

I just hope its good, Morrowind was such an awesome game and Oblivion had its faults but thank god for modders. Can't wait for the next one hopefully the combat system will be a little more robust and they ditch the autoleveling shit.

#24 Posted by Korwin (2836 posts) -
@Computerplayer1 said:
" @Rinkalicous said:
" @Computerplayer1 said:
" @Korwin said:
Actually, the very first Elder Scrolls featured all of Tamriel, so that's been done.  "
Touche, sir haha.  Although, it wasn't quite to scale as would be possible today.  I'm still terrified about an MMO. "
It's been a long time since Arena, I want to see them take another crack at it.

I would pretty much only go for an Elderscrolls MMO if it was a proper sandbox with open ended skill trees, no classes.
#25 Posted by Bones8677 (3224 posts) -

I don't play Elder Scrolls, so I'm gonna go with Space!

#26 Posted by Nasar7 (2610 posts) -
@Rinkalicous said:
" I can't believe how much love Skyrim is getting. You guys really want a snowy wasteland...? I hated the northern parts of Cyrodiil, and Skyrim sounds like it would be just that. "
 Agree completely. My vote goes to Black Marsh or even Summerset Isle.
#27 Posted by Rinkalicous (1339 posts) -
@Computerplayer1: Actually, scale was not an issue- the game randomly generated content so the actual world ended up being the size of the UK, or something stupid like that. It would be nice to see them try the whole continent with everything 'defined' rather than randomly generated though, as hot damn, things get repetitive when it's just randomly made... not to mention the difficulty issues randomness causes. I started one game, and it was the 'Night of the Godless Werewolves' straight away or something like that, so I got instantly done in within 5 seconds of starting. Then my friend started a game, and it was 'National Free Money Day' and he got piles of gold heaped upon him, and some kick ass equipment. 

Anyway, I digress. It would be cool to see the whole continent with modern tech, but I think I'd prefer they kept up the single provence style they've been using for the last few games. 

I'll end by saying you can experience your own random adventures for free- Arena is downloadable for free from Bethesda's website. Check it out if you ever feel like wasting some time (And I do mean waste- I've yet to create a character capable of leaving the first area).
#28 Posted by Conker (771 posts) -

I hope there isnt an MMO. And honestly, I want to see some Summerset Isle action, or more Morrowind.
#29 Posted by themangalist (1731 posts) -

i'd want it in summerset isles, simply because it's the smallest landmass compared to everywhere, so this time, bethesda could actually pay more attention to detail.

#30 Posted by MikkaQ (10276 posts) -

Skyrim for certain! 

Snowy wastelands are awesome, my favorite area of cyrodiil was Bruma.

#31 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

make it in a wasteland, people live in vaults, for some reason the vault gets open, and one of the kids fathers hacked it. it takes place in the year 3,000 but technology like the 40's.

#32 Posted by Slax (906 posts) -
@guiseppe said:
" Space, damnit!  In all honesty, I don't care as long as it comes out. "
Haha Space was exactly what I was going to say! But I agree. I just want to play...
#33 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -
@Conker said:
" I hope there isnt an MMO. And honestly, I want to see some Summerset Isle action, or more Morrowind. "
You have no idea how much I'd love to never see an MMO for this universe. It would forever rape it.
#34 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

It'd be cool/crazy to see a lot more than just a single province represented in the next Elder Scrolls game, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Black Marsh if only because the Argonians remain somewhat underused.  It'd be kinda cool to see them highlighted in the next game.

#35 Posted by shaun832 (363 posts) -

I heard it was going to be Skyrim.

#36 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

Morrowind or Skyrim would be nice...possibly both.  I loved both elder scrolls and I hope they come out with another one.  I could spend days and weeks in those games...just getting lost in the world and fighting different creatures.  It feels like home to me...being a Dark Elf and working both sides of good and evil...being a wanderer and doing as a please.  It just puts a huge smile on my face, knowing that I have these abilities to stop whoever crosses me and take whatever I want to get by.  Fallout 3 gave me the same feeling, but not as much as the elder scrolls series did.  I loved it so much, I think I'll go back to it again, till I get my hands on Red Dead Redemption next month.  Oh god how I yearn to be in the old west right now, just riding on horse back and being an outlaw.

#37 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

SPPPPPAAAAAAAACCCCCCEEEE!

#38 Posted by AngelKore (160 posts) -

It would be better if it was a crossover with Noby Noby Boy

#39 Posted by Rinkalicous (1339 posts) -
@AngelKore: This is the greatest idea I've heard all year
#40 Posted by Tricks73r (252 posts) -

Caius Cosades' house. Whole game.

#41 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

They really named a continent "Elsweyr"? Only in fantasy fiction are you allowed to be this lazy. Where do you wanna go? Well I don't wanna be here. Let's go Elsweyr.

#42 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

Kinda wish they just went ahead and did all the provinces and release that MMO everyone wants.

#43 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

THE MOON!

#44 Posted by Number1 (201 posts) -

New York

#45 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -
@Tricks73r said:
" Caius Cosades' house. Whole game. "
I see what you did there lol.

That'd be real exciting.
#46 Posted by NeoGecko (151 posts) -

Duder, skyrim would be crazy!  All snow, mountains, and I am pretty sure that is where Santa lives.

#47 Posted by NeoGecko (151 posts) -
@Rinkalicous: I agree that the northern part of Ctrodiil was pretty lame, but they deserve another crack at it.  Plus after Marrowind and Oblivion, I'm ready for somthing a little less tropical
#48 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Inside the body of J.R.R. Tolkein. 

#49 Posted by FreakAche (2951 posts) -

In the bombed out ruins of Washington DC?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.