Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Evil Within

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

While investigating a mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos descends into a gruesome, nightmarish world. This third-person survival horror game marks the debut of Tango Gameworks, a studio headed by Resident Evil progenitor Shinji Mikami.

Chapter 9 (spoilers)

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I don't think I can do this you guys. My nerves are totally shot. Dude seemingly spawns at random, and just when I think I got away he spawns right across from me and I flip out and fumble the proverbial football.

How'd you brave souls make it through this chapter without having a heart attack?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Don't sprint, as that'll trigger him to spawn right in front of you, least from my experience. Also, for what it's worth, chapter 9 is the only chapter where Ruvik will be stalking you.

Avatar image for deactivated-650f737f2e2d5
    deactivated-650f737f2e2d5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just saved constantly. The worst thing is that you never know when Ruvik is going to show up. Even though I had been killed by him more than a couple times, hiding in the closets was still super tense. My heart was pounding just as much as Sebastian's.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@getz: I did a lot of running back and forth between the rooms with stuff in them and the save room. I hear that if you don't sprint Ruvik won't kill you as easily. I really didn't enjoy the chapter until the final parts of it which were some of my favourite parts of the game. There is a Med Kit in one of the rooms upstairs. It seems like the most important thing to find outside of the two dials and the brains. I assume you could probably sprint through this area pretty quick once you knew where everything was.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounds like the sprinting is what's doing me in. He showed up in the main hall, so I sprinted back towards the kitchen area and when I kicked the door in he was right there on the other side. Scared the shit out of me so bad I didn't think the press x to go back out the door. This game is pretty great.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just lure him to any room with a table, pillars, or any other large objects you can circle around. then all you really need to do is keep him on the opposite side of it for a bit and he'll disappear. Actually, it works on quite a few of the bosses.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

Chapter 9 was a masterpiece

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chapters 9 and 10 are amazing. I haven't played past that though.

And wow, do you play a lot of horror games? Not trying to be rude. You seem scared at the littlest things, man.

LobotomyKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getz: This chapter is really easy I'm on my second playthrough and I just made it to this chapter again. All you have to do is run to the right door on the first floor and there is a bunch of rooms with hiding places. The upstairs room to left has a bedroom you can hide in past the library and to the left in the hall, as you walk in. As long as you are running you can usually create enough distance from Ruvik or any enemy you attract to hide from them in another room.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

@frostyryan said:

Chapters 9 and 10 are amazing. I haven't played past that though.

And wow, do you play a lot of horror games? Not trying to be rude. You seem scared at the littlest things, man.

Chapter 10's the one with all the traps, right? Man, that place was brutal; like something out of a Saw movie. Great boss at the end, too. EDIT: Chapter 9's purty cool, too. Obviously meant to replicate the Spencer mansion just a wee bit, and there's not very much combat in there, either. All about soaking in that atmosphere. Also has I think the only puzzle in the game that actually requires you to pay attention.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

Chapter 10's the one with all the traps, right? Man, that place was brutal; like something out of a Saw movie. Great boss at the end, too.

Yep. Man this game's got more than a handful of problems but it's quite literally been getting better and better. I've been having a lot of fun with it since about chapter 6.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SuperCycle

I found that for Chapter 9 he only spawns like five or six times, and mainly when your entering into a new section of the mansion. I found the best way to get rid of him was to hide in a safe place, like under a table or in a closet. If he doesn't see you enter he's more than likely to miss you altogether.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You seem scared at the littlest things, man.

No, I'm just a spaz

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what? he only spawned like 3 times for me.. One time i climbed a ladder to make him disappear, the other time he disappeared when i bumped into a 'haunted', and the other time i hid under a bed and he actually opened a closet in front of me to look in it, that was pretty tense....but thats it haha

GrahamMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 11

He only spawned for me about three times, each time while employing Brad's "always be crouch-walking" tactic from Brad's Big Book of Stealth. First two encounters were fairly tense, I'd kick open a door in retreat only to see him on the other side walking towards me. However, each encounter quickly ended when I ran out of the room.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.