Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Evil Within

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 14, 2014

While investigating a mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos descends into a gruesome, nightmarish world. This third-person survival horror game marks the debut of Tango Gameworks, a studio headed by Resident Evil progenitor Shinji Mikami.

Delayed 2 months

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

In what seems to be a day for announcing delays here's another.

EDIT: From what I've seen this needed it IMO not sure if 2 months will help all that much though.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/27/the-evil-within-delayed-new-release-date-announced?abthid=53849a7c192f563614000010

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why can't next gen systems just give me a reason to buy them I can't be that hard to satisfy

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Damn, I was actually excited to play this game.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

These delays are getting pretty ridiculous. Stop setting dates if you can't hit them.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a good idea to release it in a month where there is not much else going on. Wait, what was that? Driveclub, Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor, Evolve, Alien: Isolation and Batman are coming out in October too? Well never mind then.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@altairre: Don't worry, at least 4 of those are going to get delayed.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By altairre

@narujoe93: Dragon Age will make it, Driveclub will make it and Shadow of Mordor and Evolve will probably make it. I'm not sure about Alien and I bet Batman will be delayed but Evil Within is still going to drown. Oh and NBA2K comes out in October too. It's not for me but a lot of people will buy it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@altairre said:

@narujoe93: Dragon Age will make it, Driveclub will make it and Shadow of Mordor and Evolve will probably make it. I'm not sure about Alien and I bet Batman will be delayed but Evil Within is still going to drown. Oh and NBA2K comes out in October too. It's not for me but a lot of people will buy it.

That's very optimistic of you. I just can't take release date announcements seriously anymore unless A) its a date set after the game has been delayed already or B) the date is announced like a month before release.

Out of those Games, I'd say Driveclub will definitely make it because it already got a huge delay. Alien Isolation might make it because sega doesn't give a fuck and releases shitty games that need polishing all the time. The rest I don't have enough incite on, so I automatically assume they will be delayed because why not? Games are getting delayed left and right, so I've come to expect it.

The only one I'm 10000% sure will get delayed is Batman. There is no fucking way that gets released this year, and if it does I would be very surprised (and happy).

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Of course...I was gonna buy this for my birthday :(

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Well...at least there's more horror stuff for October.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Well...at least there's more horror stuff for October.

Makes me wonder if this wasn't on purpose... regardless it'll will nice having something spooky for halloween.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

YO @gunstarred CHECK IT FOOL CHECK IIIIIITTTTT

Anywhoo, least this means I now have two extra months before I hafta get a PS4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.