Anyone interested in this? released in two days !

#1 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

EDIT:  GB wiki release date is faulty.. its May 10th. 

After a quick peek at the games released this month, i saw The First Templar (for the PC and Xbox 360) is released March 30..  
It looks interesting, and im a sucker for Crusade-themed games (which is why i think Assassin's Creed 1 is a masterpiece)  

So is anyone buying this game? are we expecting any coverage? im pretty interested
#2 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Never heard of this game before, looks interesting, the time period is awesome

#3 Edited by Mikemcn (6967 posts) -
Mount and Blade has all the 3rd person medieval swashbuckling I could want. Also the crusades didn't involve trolls in dungeons. That screen sorta makes me think of God of War. 
#4 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -

Looked cool until the last screenshot. Might check it out.

#5 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" Mount and Blade has all the 3rd person medieval swashbuckling I could want. Also the crusades didn't involve trolls in dungeons. "

That's what the Pope wants you to believe.
#6 Edited by Mikemcn (6967 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:

" @Mikemcn said:

" Mount and Blade has all the 3rd person medieval swashbuckling I could want. Also the crusades didn't involve trolls in dungeons. "
 That's what the Pope wants you to believe. "
Everything I know is a lie! We need Ezio in here, now!  

And supposedly this game is made in Bulgaria, is that east Bloc enough for Dave to do a quicklook?
#7 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5813 posts) -

looks kind of crap

#8 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

I'd never actually heard of this game before, but you kinda got me interested. Gonna watch a trailer now, thanks :)

#9 Posted by Oddface (85 posts) -
#10 Posted by Jazz (2251 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" @TaliciaDragonsong said:
" @Mikemcn said:
Everything I know is a lie! We need Ezio in here, now!   And supposedly this game is made in Bulagaria, is that east Bloc enough for Dave to do a quicklook? "
Where the hell is Bulagaria? Is that near Latveria or Ruritania?
#11 Posted by Soap (3575 posts) -

Didn't seem like anything special from that video, might pick it up when it becomes super cheap though, I've always been a bit interested in that time period.

#12 Edited by ProfessorEss (7308 posts) -

This is the first I've ever heard of it. Looks interesting.
I'll have to do some more investigation.

#13 Edited by ProfessorEss (7308 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Where did Giant Bomb's March 30 release date come from?

Gamspot and IGN have listed as an April 26, 2011 release, while Kalypso's site and Wikipedia have May 2011.

(Edit: I'm changing the date here as everything else says May 10, 2011. From two days to two months just like that.)
#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" @Mikemcn said:
hey i live in the holy land and im telling you, WE HAVE DUNGEONS CRAWLING WITH TROLLS  
nah.. we dont >_> 

@Oddface said:
"  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-the-first/711260 Here's a video of the gameplay. Visually, it's a complete mess. Don't know about the gameplay.   "
woah.. alot less interested now :( i appreciate Dragon Age: Origins but i kinda cant stand it, and this game is totally copying everything about Origins (not executing it nearly as well though) 
i thought it would be more actiony and less RPG-ish . dang 

@ProfessorEss said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: Where did Giant Bomb's March 30 release date come from?  Gamspot and IGN have listed as an April 26, 2011 release, while Kalypso's site and Wikipedia have May 2011.  (Edit: I'm changing the date here as everything else says May 10, 2011. From two days to two months just like that.) "
i see.. i'll edit the release date in the 2011 Releases thread 
you and your party-pooping release-date corrections, Ess ! 

false alarm everyone.
#15 Posted by ProfessorEss (7308 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Better now than two days from now when you're standing in the store looking like dummy :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.