Something happened to The Grinder.

#1 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Stage 1: The Grinder announced for Wii
Stage 2: The Grinder announced multiplat
Stage 3: The Grinder cannot possibly compete with other FPS games on the HD consoles, so High Voltage Software just turns it into someting completely different.

It is now a colorful top-down shooter similar to Gauntlet. Yeah. Seriously. 
At least on the HD consoles, it is. According to IGN, High Voltage has not yet decided whether the Wii game will still be what it originally was.  

I'm all for less FPS games in favor of other genres. However, this is still a fucking weird move.
#2 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

Top down shooter?  In the words of Kramer - "I'm out".

#3 Edited by natetodamax (19177 posts) -

That is some of the strangest news I've read in a while. And ironically, the game will sell less now.

#4 Posted by CaptainObvious (2995 posts) -

0_0

#5 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

What...?

#6 Posted by Tebbit (4450 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" Top down shooter?  In the words of Kramer - "I'm out". "
"The jerk store called, they're running out of you!" 

...Wait, that was George. 
FUUUUUCK. 

Anyway, that, to quote a popular phrase from a few years back, is pretty gay. The Grinder looked interesting. This looks like the shit-o-matic 5000 malfunctioned and created something not even it's upgraded version, the shit-o-matic 9000, could comprehend.
#7 Posted by Shadow (4978 posts) -

Something this amazing can never truly change
#8 Posted by Creamypies (4052 posts) -

I had no idea what The Grinder even was until I saw this post.

#9 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
@Rallier said:
" What...? "
#10 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

Are WII hardcore gamers ready to experience a FPS experience with awesome graphics and epic atmosfere? 
No. 
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.The WII blows.
#11 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Wait... why? I mean... Top down shooters are pretty ass in general, really. Why change?

#12 Posted by masternater27 (915 posts) -

And it's still supposed to be a full price game?  Bizarre.

#13 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

What the fuck?

#14 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Uh, seriously? The fuck?

I was kinda, you know, looking forward to playing the FPS. It would have probably sold a helluva lot more than a top down shooter, too. Goddamn, this is strange.

#15 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@FirePrince: And what does that have to do with the Wii? It's the developer that decided to completely change the game. Nintendo doesn't force devs to make stupid development decisions.
#16 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

@LordAndrew:
Very true.Shitty developer does not mean shitty console.BUT I hate the Wii with an undying passion.If you wish,ignore my hate.I will never change my opinion.

#17 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

hehehe, when i saw the word grinder i immediately thought of a bud grinder. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.