Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Guided Fate Paradox

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 23, 2013

The Guided Fate Paradox is Nippon Ichi's latest bizarre PS3 dungeon crawling RPG and a spiritual successor to Zettai Hero Project.

Out November 5th in the US

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Remember the roguelike ZHP? Well, it has a spiritual successor with similar mechanics coming out November 5th. NIS also has Disgaea D2 coming out in October. I'm sure I'll pick up both eventually, but for now, I'm only preordering Disgaea until I see more of GFP. Anyone excited about this? Any other people out there who enjoyed ZHP?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I never played ZHP, but I am interested in The Guided Fate Paradox. Definitely looking at picking this one up in November.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SuperWristBands

I'm actually pretty interested in this. It seems like it plays by the books though and doesn't appear to be crazy like ZHP was.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@superwristbands: I'm not so sure about that. You play as God, so... yeah.

Yeah, this game definitely sounds ridiculous in its own way.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

hunh never heard of this one, thanks for the headsup Sparky!

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By SuperWristBands

@superwristbands: I'm not so sure about that. You play as God, so... yeah.

Hmm... ZHP was so in your face with it. The trailer I saw for this one didn't seem to be on ZHP's level. Maybe it was just a dull trailer.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By csl316

Will this be how I spend my birthday? Stay tuned.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: Have you played ZHP? I'm thinking it might be up your alley. It's about as bizarre a game as NIS has ever made, and that's saying something, but the gameplay is really pretty great.

@superwristbands: You know, you're kind of right. The concept seems way more out there than what the videos are showing. Then again, this is NIS we're talking about, so I fully expect to cringe and delight in turns at its lunacy.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@slag: Have you played ZHP? I'm thinking it might be up your alley. It's about as bizarre a game as NIS has ever made, and that's saying something, but the gameplay is really pretty great.

@superwristbands: You know, you're kind of right. The concept seems way more out there than what the videos are showing. Then again, this is NIS we're talking about, so I fully expect to cringe and delight in turns at its lunacy.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no I haven't, I'll give it a whirl if I can ever clear my backlog down in time to find a copy. I do like my bizarre JPRGs. :)

fwiw I'm hip deep in the Witcher right now. Man that game is pretty sweet.

NinjaTard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I had never heard of this game but saw it on the ad for Gamestop, read the info blurb they have there, and knew I had to come make sure SOMEONE on GiantBomb was aware of this thing. Worried about it being crazy? Fear not! Check this quote out: "Featuring off the wall armor, weapons, and more. Want tank treads for legs? Or maybe race car legs instead? Well, there you go!"

So, yeah it's going to be a level of nuts I don't personally encounter very often. Enjoy!

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@sparky_buzzsaw said:

I had never heard of this game but saw it on the ad for Gamestop, read the info blurb they have there, and knew I had to come make sure SOMEONE on GiantBomb was aware of this thing. Worried about it being crazy? Fear not! Check this quote out: "Featuring off the wall armor, weapons, and more. Want tank treads for legs? Or maybe race car legs instead? Well, there you go!"

So, yeah it's going to be a level of nuts I don't personally encounter very often. Enjoy!

The question is, will Giantbomb's Z.H.P. editor, @jeff get a chance to look at this or will he be too busty with some other minor game coming out the same day?

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By oldenglishc

I'll bump this thread, since it's release day and all. If you're at all into roguelikes that are kick the balls out from underneath you difficult, but still a blast to play, pick this up immediately. My UPS guy is about an hour away and I can barely contain the excitement.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Slag

@ninjatard said:
    @sparky_buzzsaw said:

The question is, will Giantbomb's Z.H.P. editor, @jeff get a chance to look at this or will he be too busty with some other minor game coming out the same day?

Jeff always b bustin' yo. Da RapMan gots ta move dat hunk before it b 5-0 junk, na mean?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.