Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Gunstringer

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 19, 2011

When betrayed and left to die by his posse, the undead Gunstringer seeks revenge in this marionette-inspired Kinect rail shooter.

Twisted Pixel is going to have to up their game(play)

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By fobwashed

Twisted Pixel is on a highway to mediocrity and they're not stopping for anybody. This game (The Gunstringer) follows in the footsteps of the last Twisted Pixel game I played which was Comic Jumper. The core gameplay isn't enjoyable and while the kinect aiming mechanics and the marionette theme carries the load a bit, after a few levels, the lack of any challenge and repetitive everything grated on me to the point I just stopped because I was utterly bored. Comic Jumper also had very basic gameplay mechanics and tried to coast on the entertaining wrapping and while I finished that game, it was bittersweet. I enjoyed the dialog, settings and story but grew to hate the gameplay. By the end of the game, as I was pumping more rounds into yet another bullet sponge boss, I began to hate myself for playing the game and I feel this game is on that same track.

At least Comic Jumper was an Arcade title. This game, does not belong in a box. They're funny, and I hope they continue to make funny games, but if their next game is another rinse repeat using the formula of relying on their humor and not refining and creating an enjoyable play experience, I see bleak things in their future.

On a side note, Child of Eden shares a lot of the aiming on rails mechanics this game has and that game also got old fast. I enjoyed the ride but as soon as I had to start replaying levels to unlock later ones, I just stopped playing as the bulk of the enjoyment from that game was seeing new visuals. I actually own that one, so maybe one day I'll go back to it and try to see what else it has to offer. Not sure how it could top space whales tho.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

I'm starting to wonder if there are any games for kinect that will not bore the shit out of me in 20 minutes.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By fobwashed

@laserbolts: I still occasionally enjoy putting in dance central. . . . but other than that. I don't really use it. At least with the new dashboard, there'll be some new functionality.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.