Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 17, 2009

The latest entry House of the Dead series, now with a grindhouse twist. "It's not just good, it's f**king DE-LICIOUS!"

Perfect shot or Hand Cannon

brewster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By brewster

Simple Question. Loved HotD in the arcadeand fancy getting this. Heard a lot of good about the Perfect Shot but wondered if anyone has tried both?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

Lucky for you, I imported two Hand Cannons and should get them any day now.  I'll let you know!

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iamjohn

Okay, bear in mind, I'm nowhere near my Wii, and won't be for another week and a half, so this is comparing an empty Hand Cannon to how I remember the Perfect Shot last time I used it.

For one, the Hand Cannon is HUGE.  From the tip of the gun barrel to the end of the handle is about 11 inches, and it's a pretty think sunuvabitch too.  I actually really like that; it's really solid and sturdy and feels a lot more substantial than the Perfect Shot.  Plus, it seems to be more solidly put together than the Perfect Shot, which feels really flimsy in places (like the trigger and the endtip meant to hold the top of the Wiimote in place).  The handle, too, is far nicer.  It's hard rubber, but it has a bit of a foam-like feel to it, so it feels soft and cushy while being thick and able to take a beating.

The only thing I don't like about it is the nunchuck support.  It doesn't have wiring in the handle like the Perfect Shot does so you can plug the nunchuck into the base; instead, you have to feed the nunchuck wire through the back of the barrel (there's a trap door where the hammer is).  There's a groove in the back of the handle where you can place the wire, which seems convenient and ultimately a better solution than the Perfect Shot's (one of my Perfect Shots no longer registers the bottom plug-in), but I much prefer how the Perfect Shot handles things.

Still, i'm so glad I imported these.  The Hand Cannons, from initial impressions, get my vote hands-down.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am not really sure about either, but the Hand Cannon looks sweet. I would get that mainly because it will be [eventually] more available.  You just have to wait awhile.

brewster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By brewster

Probably should have gotten the hand cannon then. Couldn't find a hand cannon so got the Perfect Shot. Like it though, so not all bad!

aztecomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By aztecomar

dude - Hand Cannons sound bad ass. how could you pick anything more?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iamjohn

I'd like to add that I played Ghost Squad and House of the Dead 2 and 3 Returns with my Hand Cannons, and the really big handle started to make my hand cramp a bit.  But man is it fucking rad!!

I just picked up Overkill, so I'll post impressions of said game with its rightful peripheral when I try it out!
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.