SEGA's Wii Remote Shell

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

To celebrate the release of the new House of the Dead: Overkill on Wii, SEGA has teamed up with peripheral company Venom to bring out a new Wiimote shell.

This shell is modeled after the "Hand Cannons" that the AMS agents from the new game carry, and is appropriately named.

Amazon UK will be taking pre-orders for the games February 13th release, at the price of 12.99

It is unknown whether the shell will be made available in the US at this point.

Thanks to Wii Fanboy

#2 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Urgh. I shouldn't want this. But I kinda do. Already got a preorder for the special edition of House Of The Dead.

Urgh. Think I'll have to pass. £12.99 is a bit too steep for another Wii remote shell.

#3 Edited by Endogene (4741 posts) -

True shame that persona 3 is not on the Wii.

#4 Posted by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -

Wow, I was expecting something lame but that actually looks really cool.

#5 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

There's a Wii Fanboy website?, give me a break, they must have hundreds of posts saying "WELL AT LEAST WE HAVE FUN WITH OUR CONSOLES".

#6 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Why the hell does the UK keep getting all the good Overkill stuff?
Sega is soooo racist.

#7 Edited by Snail (8579 posts) -

They just won't stop making stuff up for that damn remote.

#8 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Maaannn...I would get Overkill if I could have that.

#9 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
Gizmo said:
"There's a Wii Fanboy website?, give me a break, they must have hundreds of posts saying "WELL AT LEAST WE HAVE FUN WITH OUR CONSOLES"."
Err there's also an XBOX, PS3, PSP and DS one?
#10 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

This for me is the best shell out there, much better than the Perfect Shot in terms of design. I much prefer this classic minimal look.

The game itself looks like a very fun OTT game, but to be perfectly honest I had little interest in it before, despite those awesome adverts. The thing is I don't have a single Lightgun style game on Wii yet. Perhaps this game should end that.

No details on whether this will arrive in the US, but I can see no reason why they wont release it. Of course U.S gamers could always import it from Amazon UK or any other online retailer who will stock them.

#11 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

I was totally coming in here to bash something, but that actually looks, dare I say?  Kinda cool?

#12 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

That's... awesome. I am surprised. Normally, I find all those plastic attachments rather irritating and stupid, but this one I might actually buy. Looks pretty neat. Although it's a side shot. I guess it looks a bit less sleek when you see how thick it really is.

#13 Posted by couchpotatoe (1 posts) -

actully that wouldnt be raceist it would be countryist lol but usa has alot more stuff than the uk on the ps3 and xbox so really there just trying to lvl it up

#14 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -
Gizmo said:
"There's a Wii Fanboy website?, give me a break, they must have hundreds of posts saying "WELL AT LEAST WE HAVE FUN WITH OUR CONSOLES"."
Wii, 360, PC, DS, and PSP fanboy are all great sources of news for individual consoles.
#15 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

I kind of.... want that.

#16 Posted by KiddSushi (95 posts) -
Endogene said:
"True shame that persona 3 is not on the Wii."
Lolz. Then people would be blaming games for suicide.
#17 Posted by Snail (8579 posts) -

The more I look at it, the more I want it!

#18 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Kind of reminds me of my wife's 357 Magnum.

#19 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

So this "Bang Bang Box" that someone has uploaded a picture of GiantBomb: where's that coming out. Because I want to update my preorder to that if it's out in the UK. No sign of it on Amazon.

#20 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

Looks great but £12.99 is too much for some moulded plastic

#21 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
" - House of the Dead Collector's Edition Game includes Collector's Sleeve and exclusive Prelude to an Overkill Graphic Novel starring Valla Guns!

- 2x HOTD commissioned AMS Hand Cannons. These are a replica of tthe hand cannons used by Agent G in the game. The hand cannons will also allow firing from the triffer with a new advanced mechanism that allows the player to shoot as they would in real life."

Do want.

(Good thing my import shop will most probably sell it. :D )
#22 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

I hate myself for wanting that.

#23 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Another reason to look forward to the Wii's 2009. :D

#24 Posted by Snail (8579 posts) -
albedos_shadow said:
"I hate myself for wanting that."
Same here...
#25 Posted by Bullet_Jr (770 posts) -

I want to get the bang bang box.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.