Who Got Overkill Then?

#1 Posted by get2sammyb (6413 posts) -

I'm really enjoying it. I don't think it's quite as funny as it wants to be but it has managed to make me laugh out loud a few times. The bosses are epic and the gameplay does have some depth thanks to a chaining mode.

I think the graphics are really impressive for a Wii game. They nailed the colours and the "sci-fi/horror" look entirely.

Really enjoyed the Carnival level too.

Music is fucking brilliant.

#2 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Waiting for the hand cannon to come out (18th).

#3 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8610 posts) -

I will get it. It looks pretty awesome and I loved RE: Umbrella Chronicles, so this seems like a natural fit.

#4 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

I'm loving it so far, I just had a question about the Gun Store.  I thought I could just replay the same level over and over again to rack up some cash, but when I replayed a level right after I beat it, it didn't keep my cash from the first run through, it just overwrote it.  Can I go back and play other older levels and still keep my cash?  Otherwise it'll take forever to unlock all the weapons.

#5 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I'll get it eventually. Short on dough right now.

#6 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

Haha I just finished the story mode, the cut scene right before the final boss battle was hilarious, one of my favorite game endings that I've seen in a while.  Back to Directors Cut Mode!

#7 Posted by zitosilva (1837 posts) -

Not yet. Unfortunately a pre-order of Killzone 2 and SF 4 took away all the money I had. Maybe in a couple of months.

#8 Posted by TheLawnWrangler (1656 posts) -

the fact that the detective in the game sounds alot like Samuel L. Jackson is enough to convince me to purchase

also it seems like fun, like RHCPfan, I enjoyed RE: Umbrella Chronicles alot... so this should be great (I also really like the concept)
#9 Posted by Eder (364 posts) -

I want it so bad, but im getting a ps3 tomorrow

#10 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Would I be able to play this without the zapper or the hand cannon?

#11 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Would I be able to play this without the zapper or the hand cannon?
"
Of course.
#12 Posted by Peacemaker (1099 posts) -

I want it but I have to get SFIV, then Killzone 2, then we have Madworld and RE5 coming out.  Hopefully buy time things settle down I can get the game and a zapper.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.