Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 27, 2011

A re-release of two classic Team Ico games that feature HD graphics & stereoscopic 3D support. Features originally found only in the Japanese and PAL versions of the games (co-op play in Ico, for example) are included in the North American release for the first time.

Questions about PSN store DLC and Online Passes.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Masha2932

Hi guys,

Lately I've been toying with the idea of buying my games digitally from now on and I was wondering if games bought on the PSN store have the online pass as well. Is the online pass activated by default or do I get the code when I buy the game from the PSN store?

The reason I ask this is because I've been reading some horror stories of people buying a digital version of a game and not receiving their online pass from the PSN store (I'm from Australia)

Also what happens if I buy a game from the US store, do the codes still work if I have a US account on my console?

Also can I buy the American online pass if I have an Aussie game? I ask this because online passes are $12.95 on the Aussie store but only $9.99 on the US Store.

Do you guys have any personal experience with this issue as well? Maybe you could offer your insights.

NB:

Does DLC also work for all regions or does Aussie DLC only work if I have the Aussie version of the game? For example can I buy DLC from the US version of the store if I have an Australian/ UK game?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mosespippy

@Masha2932: From most of my experiences when you purchase a game from PSN the game and the pass show up as separate items in the store but both are in your checkout/downloads list so you can get them at any time. If you buy a US game that has a US code you will need to punch the code into a US account. Once it's downloaded any account using that PS3 will have access. DLC is region locked so if you get a US game then buying DLC on an Aussie account won't work. Since online passes are activated through a download from PSN you will need a pass from the same region as the game. I don't know why this is in the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus forum because that game doesn't have an online pass (at least the disc version didn't).

Here's some personal experience about the whole issue from Little Big Planet. I bought a North American copy of LBP on launch day. There was launch day costume packs. There was one in Japan that was free that wasn't available here so I downloaded it on my Japanese account. It didn't work while the other costumes that I got from the North American Store did. Then for the Welcome Back program I got the digital copy of LBP off my UK account (My Canadian account and one of my US accounts grabbed the other Welcome Back games). When I tried it my save files and DLC didn't work so I deleted it and downloaded it off my other US account.

Which reminds me, game saves are region locked. A UK copy of a game won't work with a US save file in any situation but I don't know if a UK game will work with a UK save file on a US account. I suspect that it won't given that not many games let you transfer save files between accounts (and those that do predate the trophy system).

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Masha2932

@mosespippy: Thanks for the reply. I thought this would be buried, what with all the threads on the Gamespot thing.

I was about to buy the ICO/SOTC collection from the PSN store and the game came with a voucher code for an exclusive theme and some videos that's why I posted the question in this forum (European version. The videos were on the disc for the US version) . Unfortunately I forgot to put the ICO/SOTC bit in the original post. I might edit it later.

Wow I never knew saves were region locked.That's interesting.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mosespippy

@Masha2932: I should probably clarify some more about saves. A UK version can create a UK save on a US PS3, so they aren't locked in that sense. They are just locked in that the save and the disc need to be from the same region.

Amitsha4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Amitsha4

hey

i got the ghost recon future solider for a british shop called zavvi. i got the online pass but it doesn't work on my psn account, my account is an american psn account does it mean that i need to buy a new pass? plaese answer me fast so i would know if i should contect the shop?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xyzygy

I got kind of nervous when I seen this, I was thinking that maybe one of the games in the collection was a code. That would mean I can't buy it used. Phew.

@Amitsha4 said:

plaese answer me fast

No.

brian87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By brian87

Hi

i see www.4-code.com sell psn code very cheap.

you can checkout on that site with paypal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.