Encyclopedia Bombastica? Jeff needs to play this game.

#1 Posted by Petiew (1353 posts) -

If anyone isn't familiar with the iDOLM@STER series it's a Japanese rhythm and simulation game. You dress up your (mostly underage) Japanese idols with drill hands and the ghosts from pacman, endure minigame training, live performances and promotions to make them the best selling and Top Idol group in the land. 

In essence the game is similar to Skylanders. Except instead of paying hundreds of dollars for new figurines Jeff would be paying thousands of dollars for new songs and accesories.
The game is actually surprisingly deep and you need a solid and well thought out production strategy to get the best ending. But I really just want to see a return of the creeper cam, or that the game will inspire Jeff and Patrick to recreate the infamous Boromir video.

So is anyone else familiar with the iM@S series of games, or feel there is some equally crazy game that Jeff to look at for the new segment?
#2 Posted by Fallen189 (5036 posts) -

No

#3 Posted by SpaceRunaway (870 posts) -

Jeff doesn't speak Japanese.

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

That would make one unfunny segment.

#5 Posted by Animasta (14713 posts) -

idols are the worst of the worst, shut up

#6 Posted by Dawglet (312 posts) -

jeff ples play hatsuen miku pls jus do this for me ples

#7 Posted by Petiew (1353 posts) -
@BraveToaster: Thinking on it, I guess you're right. After the initial "Lol how weird" there wouldn't be much to say.
#8 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

I don't think Jeff would have much to say about the game because the whole segment is based around games that he thinks people need to know about. Idol games are a extremely niche market over here. If I didn't have to jump through a ton of hoops to play them I'd actually try them out myself though. I actually really liked the hostess mini-games in Yakuza 4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.