Who is the best Joker?

• 57 results
#1 Posted by K0rN (683 posts) -
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

(bad Heath Ledger impression) Um, I'd, uh, have to say Heath Ledger. The guy was filled with so much....passion, and meaning. *blows something up*

#3 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2430 posts) -

This question has been asked to many times, Heath Ledger.

#4 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -
@BigBoss1911 said:
" This question has been asked to many times, Heath Ledger. "
#5 Posted by Crocio (542 posts) -
#6 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -
@Crocio said:
" Seth Green Oh wait... "
BAH, I was going to say that!
#7 Posted by BrockSampson (299 posts) -

Heath Ledger a million times over.

Mark Hamill coming a somewhat close second.

#9 Posted by Brians (1460 posts) -

The Character of the Joker is the best Joker. Not an Actor.

#10 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2052 posts) -

Either Heath Ledger or Mark Hamil. Both are pretty good.

#11 Posted by rateoforange (403 posts) -

My vote is for Hamill. He was great in TAS.

#12 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

Mark Hamill.

#13 Posted by Grilledcheez (3946 posts) -

Heath Ledger

#14 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Mark Hamill. Batman: The Animated Series' actors [for all characters] are the quintessential voices and playing Batman: Arkham Asylum reaffirmed by top complaint about the real incarnations (and I'm not a Batman nut, never owned any Batman memorabilia).

"I set a trap, and you sprung it glorrrrrriously!"

I do like how they gave the Heath Ledger joker a scar as his smile and after thinking awhile, I guess I can understand the hype for him since he's the most realistic "possibility" of a Joker in real life.

#15 Posted by punkxblaze (2968 posts) -

Hamill. Ledger was pretty good, but you can't top Hamill.

#16 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Hamil 

#17 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

Nicholson, hell yes! His laugh when walking out from the surgery room, still very haunting listening again to this day.
#18 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Heath Ledger. To put it simply, it was one of the best performances I have ever seen. 

Hamil is better for most Joker stuff though.

#19 Posted by DanceDanceKennypants (632 posts) -
That's Mark Hamill.

I still can't get my head around that.
#20 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6295 posts) -
@ChristOnIce said:
" Ledger's performance was hackneyed and trite.  Granted, much of that was the fault of the writers; his performance was simply mediocre.  They took all of the fun out of the character and replaced it with cliche analytical killer bullshit.  They made him entirely interchangeable with half of the villains out there with dull hipster monologue taking the place of genuine character. Nicholson, Romero, and Hamill at least did something with the character and each added nuance to make it their own. "
Do you enjoy anything?
#21 Posted by TheHT (11102 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:
" Mark Hamill. Batman: The Animated Series' actors [for all characters] are the quintessential voices "
QFT
#22 Posted by project343 (2816 posts) -

No! I clicked before thinking. :|

Impulse: Heath Ledger.
Reality: Hamill.

#23 Posted by Brockly46 (645 posts) -

Jack NIcholson was awesome.

#24 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Everyone was memorable, but I have to say Nicholson. 

#25 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
@ChristOnIce said:
" Ledger's performance was hackneyed and trite.  Granted, much of that was the fault of the writers; his performance was simply mediocre.  They took all of the fun out of the character and replaced it with cliche analytical killer bullshit.  They made him entirely interchangeable with half of the villains out there with dull hipster monologue taking the place of genuine character. Nicholson, Romero, and Hamill at least did something with the character and each added nuance to make it their own. "
ur face lol

Anyway, as great as Ledger was, it doesn't top the actual joker (Hamil).
#26 Posted by LiquidPrince (15902 posts) -

Can't decide between Hamill and Ledger... Argh.

#27 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

This guy

#28 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -
@Briguile said:
" The Character of the Joker is the best Joker. Not an Actor. "
Ditto, my friend.
Ditto.
#29 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

Luke Skywalker!

#30 Edited by agentboolen (1760 posts) -

Jack was great, Mark's voice probably catches the character the best in my mind but man Heath was freaky as hell.  Heath's joker is my favorite, its just dark and twisted.  For  Cesar Romero it was a bit to goofy for me but I do remember having a lot of fun watching those old Batman shows.  The best part is all these actors gave us very memberable Jokers!!

#31 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Heath did a really good job in a different perspective of a prominent villain but Skywalker is always my favorite.

#32 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Mark Hamill easily.
He has been the joker in more different things then all the other jokers combined, My god batman games, animated shows, animated movies....as for that he did the best F'ing Wolverine voice...EVER in X2 the video game. Ledger gets the 2nd on my list I loved his Joker its sad he killed him self though I wanted to see more of that Joker.

#33 Posted by Delta_Ass (3274 posts) -

Seth Green, obviously.

#34 Posted by Bombs_Away (1010 posts) -

HEATHENS!!!!!!!! Have you guys not seen the Jack Nicholson Joker!??! To this day, Michael Keaton as Batman and Nicholson as the Joker is the best Batman film.

#35 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Jack Nicholson. What Nicholson did with a horribly written character is amazing.

#36 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -
@Delta_Ass said:
" Seth Green, obviously. "
Fuck you. Beat me to it.
#37 Posted by BiG_Weasel (524 posts) -

Dwight Schrute. 

#38 Posted by CaptainObvious (2996 posts) -

The only correct answer is Mark Hamill. 

#39 Posted by wwfundertaker (1397 posts) -

Cesar Romero is actually a pretty good joker, watching him would drive you insane.

#40 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

Heath Ledger really showed the darkness of the Joker but Nicholson did a fantastic job showing off the madness of the Joker.  Both were also praised at the time of their release for their performances and both did amazing jobs.  I would give the slight edge to Heath over Nicholson.

#41 Posted by Goopynose (62 posts) -

Jack Nicholson 

A perfect mixture of humor and psychotics.

Almost as creepy looking as Romero's Joker.

#42 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

Can't decide between Romero's awesome Joker and Hamill's best Joker.

#43 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Although Mark Hamill is a close second and Heath Ledger is definitely an extremely close third, I'd say Jack Nicholson personifies the dangerous silliness of the Joker. 
"What do you want?" 
"...my face on the one dollar bill!" 
-The Joker

#44 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I gotta say Mark Hamill, but Heath Ledger was pretty good.

#45 Edited by gamefreak9 (2356 posts) -
@ChristOnIce: u said  it bro 
#46 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Heath was amazing, but I always enjoyed Mark Hamill's joker

#47 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

Heath Ledger and Mark Hamill are essentially equal in my book. Just a shame that we don't get to see more of Ledger's Joker. Still, giving it to Heath even if it is based off of a single performance.

#48 Posted by HypoXenophobia (1045 posts) -

Jack Nicholson. It's not even a question

#49 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Whaaaat? People actually liked the Heath Ledger Joker in a non-ironic way? Does. Not. Compute.

#50 Posted by roscoe (145 posts) -

nicholson is a terrible joker...luke skywalker has a good voice for it, but i really couldnt see him doing a good job being the human character of the joker. ledger did the best job out of the 4...imo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.