Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Journeyman Project

Franchise »

The Journeyman Project franchise consists of four FMV adventure titles, all developed by Presto! Studios.

JMP - Presto Studios / RedOrb / Ubisoft - Who Owns It?

NickGr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As far as I can tell Presto Studios still owns the rights to the JMP property but are only really releasing it to GoG an that's it.

Red Orb Entertainment had the license for a bit but only to push the game out to Windows. Eventually Red Orb got bought along with other properties by Ubisoft.

So at this point either Presto Studios owns the rights JMP, Ubisoft does, or both of them do, and neither is doing anything with the property.

Does anybody know anything more about this then what I've dug up through random Googling and what not?

NickGr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nevermind....saw this in reference to making more JMP games by fans...it looks like anything official would have to be approved by Presto: (MODS and such look like they are ok though)

I see no problem in fans putting out non-commercial works as that generally falls under the realm of fair use, which is the underpinning of creative diversity on the internet. However, these would all be derivatives of a copyright that remains valid theoretically until 2087, according to the Copyright Term Extension Act of 1998. Therefore, I surmise if they would like to cross the bridge of packaging the endeavor for commercial sale, we'd have to get a formal publisher and the relevant founders of Presto Studios involved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.