Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The King of Fighters XII

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 10, 2009

The twelfth main installment of the tag-team fighting game series features a complete overhaul of the series' 2D graphics, with the first major overhaul of the series' character sprites in 13 years.

Something to look forward to?

thecreambun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thecreambun

Ok so I've never played a KoF game in my life, as far as I know, and I've just recently discovered my love for fighters with the release of SFIV.
    The graphics of KoFXII looks awesome and the combat seems pretty cool, but I am basing that on videos alone.

What I would like to know is if I should be looking forward to, an getting, KoF when it hits stores?
    How does it feel compared to SF and stuff like that?

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    SF is superior, always has been.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

After watching vids for the game, all it was able to elicit was an unenthusiastic "meh."

I'm sure it will be great for fans of the series, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it over something like SFIV. Wait for reviews, duder.

thecreambun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thecreambun

Well I dont know. It looks interesting though, and on nights like tonight where SF have been handing my ass to me for a little too long I need something to turn to instead:)

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    TheCreambun said:
    Well I dont know. It looks interesting though, and on nights like tonight where SF have been handing my ass ... [more]
    Practice?
    DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    TheCreambun said:
    Well I dont know. It looks interesting though, and on nights like tonight where SF have been handing my ass ... [more]
    Practice?
    thecreambun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thecreambun
    DirrtyNinja said:
    TheCreambun said: Well I dont know. It looks interesting though, and on nights like tonight where SF have been handing ... [more]
    It WAS practice. Had a bad night thats all:)
    Still... I would be nice with some fighting alternatives. Guess I'll just have to wait for the review like End_Boss said.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By PureRok

You could get BlazBlue instead, or both, whatever.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Garfield360UK

Will this game be easy to get into you recon? I like Mortal Kombat and have heard that the developers are saying this is an easier game to get into with the combos. Street Fighter IV I could not get into as the combinations are too hard :S

Avatar image for kitsune_conundrum
    kitsune_conundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kof has been pretty combo crazy into the past as well but its better known for its 3 vs 3 character battles. Personally ive always preferred Kof over SF but theyre both great fighters either way. Just different systems.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

KoF has always had a wonderful cast of characters and a uniqueness to the gameplay to the series, which is no surprise it's always been SF's greatest rival. I'm defiantly looking forward to this game.

Also, why is every time there's a conversation about KoF someone comes in and decides to act like a jackass by saying "SF is better"?

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By agent_lost

OK KOF always had more technical then SF a little were not taking Virtual Fighter technical here. That said SF was always easy to learn but hard to master, KoF was somewhat hard for new player, with all the stuff, like roll forward and backward, combo super move. Also Guity Gear or BlazBlue as more sub-system move (there 3 meter on the screen), like to double jump, air combo and more.
    All 3 games got there on style of play, SF is good solid tournemant game, KoF as solid 3 on 3 styles, BlazBlue/Guity Gear is all about the combo and high jump.

Pick what you want, anyway I crush anyone with Athena.

SunnyTuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By SunnyTuesday

hmm i must be the only guy that thinks street fighter 4 looks bad.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Luke

The KoF Series is more about the air game.  They have multiple ways to hop, skip, and jump. 

The Street Fighter Series is more about the ground game (minues Street Fighter III, due to air parries). 

Regardless, have you given BlazBlue a try yet?  It's really damn gewd and I'm enjoying way more than Street Fighter IV. 

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm
    @SunnyTuesday said:
    " hmm i must be the only guy that thinks street fighter 4 looks bad. "
    I fucking hate the character design of Street Fighter IV. It's probably the worst looking game, stylistically, next to something like fucking Narc on the PlayStation 2. Not to mention, that style will be out of date in a year's time.

I really, really like King Of Fighters XII so far. I absolutely love the fighting system inside, and the whole Critical Counter System is awesome.
    Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I've heard a lot of good things about BlazBlue and SFIV. Not so much about KoF...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.