Call me crazy, but the graphics look weird to me

#1 Edited by Cloneslayer (1626 posts) -

I do think this game will be awesome, really awesome.

but ya know when you get CG that is really close to really looking, but they just miss it so it looks weird and awkward, thats what this looks like to me. It kinda hard to describe, the feathers on the gryphon (its a gryphon right?) bug me the most. Don't get me wrong, the graphics look good, just a bit weird.

Also it looks like they stopped designing the kid's head half way through...

#2 Posted by Hairydutchman (1039 posts) -

I think it's the most beautiful game I've ever seen mostly thanks to the gryphon.

#3 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

The textures on the kid suck...and his shading is weird. I think it's to make him stand out from the rest of the background, but I dunno.

#4 Edited by Tovan (633 posts) -

The shading and textures are more of an art style choice than anything.

#5 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Eh? Looks pretty awesome. Textures, details, animations, everything just fits. Heavy Rain has that effect you speak of, imo, but not this game. Not at all. Are you sure you didn't just watch the old video again? The kid and feathers did look rather weird there. I think it's been vastly improved now.

#6 Edited by mordukai (7149 posts) -
The game is still in the making. What we saw was the concept video that was leaked that had some work done. I trust Team ICO to deliver another unique beautiful game. 
#7 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Everything looks nice except for the kid.
It's like he's freaking Mario 64 in Crysis.

#8 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

@Morduk, um, you missed the E3 presentation? There's no "leak" going on with that.

#9 Posted by ch3burashka (5036 posts) -

The feathers look weird because they're spaced relatively far apart so as to accentuate the feather-iness of the gryphon. 

Basically, STFU.

#10 Posted by ScrubbingBubbles (150 posts) -

You're crazy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.