Do you think The Last Guardian is effectively dead?

Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: Do you think The Last Guardian is effectively dead? (54 votes)

No, It will still come out at some point. 41%
Yes, it's never coming out. 26%
Still too early to tell (It was never a big enough title to appear at the PS4 announcement event) 33%

After the Sony event where they announced the PS4, it couldn't help but stick out to me how The Last Guardian wasn't mentioned at all. Do you think this means that they have cut their losses and will no longer release the game? Or is it still too early to tell?

#1 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2463 posts) -

I think if its not shown by E3 then its safe to say its been scraped.

#2 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

When this is all said and done, released or cancelled, I am very interested to hear what in the flying mother of spaghetti monster happened with this game. D:

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13200 posts) -

Probably. I mean, I certainly hope not, because Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games- ever, but still, it's not lookin' good.

#4 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

@bigboss1911: I kind of thought last E3 was it's last chance for current gen (and it wasn't mentioned). And I feel like if they were planning on moving it to the PS4 it would have been mentioned here. But I am pretty sure that if it isn't mentioned at E3 it is definitely dead. But not seeing it here has made me lose faith in ever seeing it at all.

#5 Edited by Coafi (1488 posts) -

No, there has been games that have been in development for many years, what's to say that this one is dead because it has taken too long? If it's not shown in E3 it doesn't necessarily mean it's dead, maybe it's not a priority title right now.

#6 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

They'll probably save it for E3, I hope.

#7 Posted by BisonHero (6527 posts) -

@robothamster said:

They'll probably save it for E3, I hope.

Yeah, pretty much has to be something they're saving for E3. The fact that Sony reps and Ueda had reiterated in the past 6 months that it is still in development really means it can't suddenly be dead. If they had pulled a "no comment", then sure, almost certainly cancelled, but it's more likely that they're saving it for E3 because it's a little more niche.

Also, anybody notice this whole announcement was REALLY light on any Japanese-developed games? I feel like they went out of their way to avoid anything even remotely as out of touch as RIIIIIDGE RACER or Genji: Days of the Blade. Ono was the only part of the whole thing that was a little bit weird.

#8 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Considering the lead dev came out less than a month ago and said it was still alive, i highly doubt it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.