New Last Guardian Images (Large)

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Here lies some large scale images of The Last Guardian on PS3.  I've never seen light and dark depicted this beautifully in within a videogame before, the level of artistry in Fumito Ueda's upcoming PS3 game appears to be on par with the old masters of Chiaroscuro. The Images are below, but first some more details.  

Famitsu Magazine
 has published a interview with director Fumito Ueda, which sheds more light on the project: 

• At present, the development staff is still pouring its efforts on the eagle-like creature that serves as the centerpiece of the game. This is because giving the creature a feeling of life and actual existence is of the utmost importance, explained Ueda.

• In addition to the eagle, Ueda asked that players pay attention to the movements of the little boy you control. They've tied the character in greatly to the game's physics engine, allowing for in-depth motion.

• Famitsu asked Ueda if, as with past games, he's working on the story board and such artistic areas of the game himself. The answer is yes. However, the amount of work has decreased compared to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. One of the reasons for this is due to an increase in capable staff who can be left to handle the work to a degree. Additionally, with the advance to PS3 level, there are many areas of expression that can be handled by the hardware. An example of this is the physics engine, which is often mentioned. The physics engine actually ties in well with the game's realistic direction, said Ueda.

•  Asked about the game content, he simply said that he can't say too much at present, but that he'd like to share additional information this year. They've yet to decide on whether this information will come at E3 or at the Tokyo Game Show.

• "We're at the stage where we're looking into the time frame. Once the time frame has been decided upon, it won't be long until release. With Last Guardian, we're working intently with the aim of making a game that offers a kind of fun that cannot be experienced elsewhere, so I'd like everyone to wait just a bit more."    

2010 - PS3  

New Official Sony Page: 
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/trico/     

#2 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

There's so much detail in these big HD games that will go unnoticed... 

#3 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

I have decided not to get a PS3 anytime soon because there is so much to play on my Wii, 360 and DS.

This is the one game that makes this decision very painful. I'd like to play some of the other exclusives like MGS4, Uncharted 2, fl0wer or Heavy Rain, but I can do without. This goddamn game, though. Man.

#4 Posted by Khann (2859 posts) -

That creature looks fantastic. There are quite a few games I want/will want on the PS3 now.

#5 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1461 posts) -

Great screenshots, thanks for uploading them. I can't wait to see some gameplay footage of this game.
#6 Posted by Demigonis (192 posts) -

So beautiful... this is going to be the main reason to get a PS3 for me. :D

#7 Posted by Marzy (675 posts) -

One of the main reasons I bought a PS3, along with Heavy Rain.

Those look beautiful, I can't wait to play it.

#8 Posted by RagingLion (1365 posts) -

Looks really exciting, definitely building on the work they've done in the previous two games.  I wonder if they'll feel that they pushed the PS3 to its limits or not with this game.

#9 Edited by TinaWood (116 posts) -

Wow, that looks like a beautiful oil painting. I absolutely adored Ico and SoTC, so I can't wait to get this! 

#10 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

My mind has actually been blown. They are amazing. 

I think it's so awesome that a game of this kin is Sony's killer-app this year. How awesome is that? Assuming it makes this year (which I think it will in Japan). 

It's gorgeous. Remember when Jaffe said God Of War was an oil painting, well that game looks great but, yo, this is the oil painting.
#11 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

When I saw these screen shots, my first thoughts that came to mind was falcour.

#12 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

In the original novel, Falcor's name is Fuchur.

Read out loud.

Yeah.

#13 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" In the original novel, Falcor's name is Fuchur.  Read out loud. Yeah. "
Geez, that makes Falcor creepier than I remember.
Seriously though, this game.........needs to come out today!
#14 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" In the original novel, Falcor's name is Fuchur.  Read out loud. Yeah. "
Fuchur as in Fukur or as in Future?
#15 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

I NEED THIS GAME.

#16 Posted by TinaWood (116 posts) -

I need a PS3 again :(

#17 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

That thing has a long tail. And I am still not stoked for this.

#18 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11791 posts) -

I still have no idea why people like these games. Good visuals though.

#19 Posted by JoelTGM (5597 posts) -

that looks great, but I have no idea what kind of game it is.

#20 Posted by Weeber (36 posts) -
They really seem to have cleaned up the Cat-Bird-Man-Bear-Pigs feathers, they really turned me off in some of the older screen shots but it looks much better now.
#21 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I am so excited for this game!!!

#22 Posted by copycatzen (816 posts) -

This is a must for me
#23 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

GOD DAMNIT MY KEYBOARD IS ALL STICKY NOW!!!!! SHIT

#24 Posted by Inuzagi (170 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" @DOUBLESHOCK said:

" that looks great, but I have no idea what kind of game it is. "

All we need to know is that it's Team Ico work. and that it'll no doubt be as awesome and their o ther two games.      "

Oh theirs no doubt that this game will be just as good as it's predecessor's, but I'm wondering if it will surpass them. Ico and Shadow of the colossus are some of my most memorable experience's in a game I can remember (it doesn't help that Ico was one of the first couple of games I got for my PS2). 

Honestly, I cannot wait for this game. Really excited for it and liking our brand new creature friend...(even though...well you know).
#25 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
@Inuzagi said:
" @Linkyshinks said:
" @DOUBLESHOCK said:

" that looks great, but I have no idea what kind of game it is. "

All we need to know is that it's Team Ico work. and that it'll no doubt be as awesome and their o ther two games.      "
  Oh theirs no doubt that this game will be just as good as it's predecessor's, but I'm wondering if it will surpass them. Ico and Shadow of the colossus are some of my most memorable experience's in a game I can remember (it doesn't help that Ico was one of the first couple of games I got for my PS2).    Honestly, I cannot wait for this game. Really excited for it and liking our brand new creature friend...(even though...well you know). "

I see know reason why it wont using PS3 hardware and what it's capable of, in the hands of the right people. 
#26 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

I hope this game will be as good as previous Team Ico games, but these screens sure do look good.
#27 Posted by Jakii (20 posts) -

Sooo pretty :O

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.