Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Guardian

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 06, 2016

The Last Guardian is the long-delayed third game from Sony's Team Ico. Originally revealed in trailer form at E3 2009, the game was met with substantial delays but was reintroduced at E3 2015.

What happened to "The Last Guardian"?

tyger_cheex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tyger_cheex

Huge disappointment not to see any TLG news, or ICO or SOTC remake news!

But what does this say about the status of TLG? No 2010 release and they are saving it for Tokyo Game Show in September?

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lucas_kelly

Probably not enough to show, I don't think it has been in development for very long. That, and the fact no one gives a shit because its a Wii game.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By jacksukeru
    @lucas_kelly said:
    "Probably not enough to show, I don't think it has been in development for very long. Also the game is coming out for the PS3. "

Fix'd
    Avatar image for deactivated-643fcf03a370c
    deactivated-643fcf03a370c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lucas_kelly said:
    " Probably not enough to show, I don't think it has been in development for very long. That, and the fact no one gives a shit because its a Wii game. "
    What? You know this is a PS3 Exclusive, right?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60
    @lucas_kelly said:
    " Probably not enough to show, I don't think it has been in development for very long. That, and the fact no one gives a shit because its a Wii game. "
    You realize that it's for PS3 don't you?
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Jadeskye

burned.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#7  Edited By Valkyr
    @lucas_kelly said:
    You are are probably talking about The Last Story and I was really mad they didn't show anything about that on the conference
    Yoshiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Yoshiya
    @Valkyr:  Don't expect news in the US on that for a while.  They didn't even mention Xenoblade and that is out already in Japan.  Shame, because it looks fantastic (as does The Last Story).   You might see some news on TLS at TGS.
    lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lucas_kelly

Yeaaaaahhhhh probably should have read the topic title properly.

tyger_cheex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tyger_cheex
    @Nonsense88 said:
    " There are still upcoming conferences today and tomorrow with a "TBA" title, not to mention the mysterious "Unannounced PS3 Demo" at the end of thursday. "
    Oh man, that would be the icing on the cake for me if it was TLG!
    BirdyTheMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By BirdyTheMighty

I would like to point you to this post from Dtoid: 

Link 

It would make sense to show it at TGS.  I feel that the ICO/SOTC remakes are pretty much confirmed since the creator has said that we was meeting with Sony about doing a remake of those two games not too long ago.  If they are doing a Sly Cooper collection, you better believe that there will be an ICO/SOTC remake/update coming soon.   
    As far as TLG release date goes, I would be surprised if it did make a 2010 release at the very end of the year.  More than likely it's going to join the growing 2011 lineup from Sony.

Great_Gregory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Great_Gregory
    @fragilenin said:
    "I would like to point you to this post from Dtoid: 

Link  It would make sense to show it at TGS.  I feel that the ICO/SOTC remakes are pretty much confirmed since the creator has said that we was meeting with Sony about doing a remake of those two games not too long ago.  If they are doing a Sly Cooper collection, you better believe that there will be an ICO/SOTC remake/update coming soon.   As far as TLG release date goes, I would be surprised if it did make a 2010 release at the very end of the year.  More than likely it's going to join the growing 2011 lineup from Sony. "

Took the words right out of my mouth. Except for the link. That credit goes to you alone, fragilenin.
    empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By empfeix
    @Great_Gregory said:
    " @fragilenin said:
    "I would like to point you to this post from Dtoid: 

Link  It would make sense to show it at TGS.  I feel that the ICO/SOTC remakes are pretty much confirmed since the creator has said that we was meeting with Sony about doing a remake of those two games not too long ago.  If they are doing a Sly Cooper collection, you better believe that there will be an ICO/SOTC remake/update coming soon.   As far as TLG release date goes, I would be surprised if it did make a 2010 release at the very end of the year.  More than likely it's going to join the growing 2011 lineup from Sony. "
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Except for the link. That credit goes to you alone, fragilenin. "
    The remakes plus the new game are the only reason I'm sad for not owning a PS3.  Still, this makes it necessary for me to buy one at some point.
    Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Jost1

It's been cancelled I'm calling it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.