What happened to "The Last Guardian"?

#1 Posted by tyger_cheex (82 posts) -

Huge disappointment not to see any TLG news, or ICO or SOTC remake news!

But what does this say about the status of TLG? No 2010 release and they are saving it for Tokyo Game Show in September?

#2 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -

Probably not enough to show, I don't think it has been in development for very long. That, and the fact no one gives a shit because its a Wii game.

#3 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -
@lucas_kelly said:
"Probably not enough to show, I don't think it has been in development for very long. Also the game is coming out for the PS3. "

Fix'd
#4 Posted by Tonylope (194 posts) -
@lucas_kelly said:
" Probably not enough to show, I don't think it has been in development for very long. That, and the fact no one gives a shit because its a Wii game. "
What? You know this is a PS3 Exclusive, right?
#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@lucas_kelly said:
" Probably not enough to show, I don't think it has been in development for very long. That, and the fact no one gives a shit because its a Wii game. "
You realize that it's for PS3 don't you?
#6 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

burned.

#7 Posted by Valkyr (667 posts) -
@lucas_kelly said:
You are are probably talking about The Last Story and I was really mad they didn't show anything about that on the conference
#8 Posted by Yoshiya (38 posts) -
@Valkyr:  Don't expect news in the US on that for a while.  They didn't even mention Xenoblade and that is out already in Japan.  Shame, because it looks fantastic (as does The Last Story).   You might see some news on TLS at TGS.
#9 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -

Yeaaaaahhhhh probably should have read the topic title properly.

#10 Posted by Nonsense88 (60 posts) -

There are still upcoming conferences today and tomorrow with a "TBA" title, not to mention the mysterious "Unannounced PS3 Demo" at the end of thursday.

#11 Posted by tyger_cheex (82 posts) -
@Nonsense88 said:
" There are still upcoming conferences today and tomorrow with a "TBA" title, not to mention the mysterious "Unannounced PS3 Demo" at the end of thursday. "
Oh man, that would be the icing on the cake for me if it was TLG!
#12 Posted by fragilenin (44 posts) -

I would like to point you to this post from Dtoid: 

Link 

It would make sense to show it at TGS.  I feel that the ICO/SOTC remakes are pretty much confirmed since the creator has said that we was meeting with Sony about doing a remake of those two games not too long ago.  If they are doing a Sly Cooper collection, you better believe that there will be an ICO/SOTC remake/update coming soon.   
As far as TLG release date goes, I would be surprised if it did make a 2010 release at the very end of the year.  More than likely it's going to join the growing 2011 lineup from Sony.

#13 Posted by Great_Gregory (16 posts) -
@fragilenin said:
"I would like to point you to this post from Dtoid: 

Link  It would make sense to show it at TGS.  I feel that the ICO/SOTC remakes are pretty much confirmed since the creator has said that we was meeting with Sony about doing a remake of those two games not too long ago.  If they are doing a Sly Cooper collection, you better believe that there will be an ICO/SOTC remake/update coming soon.   As far as TLG release date goes, I would be surprised if it did make a 2010 release at the very end of the year.  More than likely it's going to join the growing 2011 lineup from Sony. "

Took the words right out of my mouth. Except for the link. That credit goes to you alone, fragilenin.
#14 Posted by empfeix (774 posts) -
@Great_Gregory said:
" @fragilenin said:
"I would like to point you to this post from Dtoid: 

Link  It would make sense to show it at TGS.  I feel that the ICO/SOTC remakes are pretty much confirmed since the creator has said that we was meeting with Sony about doing a remake of those two games not too long ago.  If they are doing a Sly Cooper collection, you better believe that there will be an ICO/SOTC remake/update coming soon.   As far as TLG release date goes, I would be surprised if it did make a 2010 release at the very end of the year.  More than likely it's going to join the growing 2011 lineup from Sony. "
Took the words right out of my mouth. Except for the link. That credit goes to you alone, fragilenin. "
The remakes plus the new game are the only reason I'm sad for not owning a PS3.  Still, this makes it necessary for me to buy one at some point.
#15 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

It's been cancelled I'm calling it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.