"The Last Guy" IGN Score: 9.0

Avatar image for patchinko
#1 Edited by Patchinko (885 posts) -
Read it yourself!

Or just watch this... thing
  



Anyway, I enjoyed the demo. Cool running around an actual city in top-down.

Anyone get this game? How do you like it?
Avatar image for archscabby
#2 Posted by ArchScabby (5877 posts) -

lol, greg is awsome.

Avatar image for demilich
#3 Posted by Demilich (2648 posts) -

I thought the demo was kinda boring. Like a flash game or something.

Avatar image for patchinko
#4 Posted by Patchinko (885 posts) -
Demilich said:
"I thought the demo was kinda boring. Like a flash game or something."
There's a minigame in WTF almost exactly like it, albeit with horrible graphics.

Definitely not a complex game, but it does have quirkiness, and I like that.
Avatar image for vigorousjammer
#5 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2931 posts) -

so, can you use any image from Google maps? that would be kinda awesome

Avatar image for ocdog45
#6 Posted by ocdog45 (712 posts) -

its a good game IMO

Avatar image for patchinko
#7 Posted by Patchinko (885 posts) -
Vigorousjammer said:
"so, can you use any image from Google maps? that would be kinda awesome"
No, they're built in and look like Google maps.

That would be kinda awesome, though.
Avatar image for zombiehunterog
#8 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3529 posts) -

game sounds odd 

Avatar image for vyse_legends
#9 Posted by Vyse_Legends (490 posts) -

Dude this game is awesome.

Especially the music.:P

Avatar image for crashtanuki
#10 Posted by CrashTanuki (466 posts) -
Patchinko said:
"Demilich said:
"I thought the demo was kinda boring. Like a flash game or something."
There's a minigame in WTF almost exactly like it, albeit with horrible graphics.

Definitely not a complex game, but it does have quirkiness, and I like that."
The Last Guy and WTF are from the same developers, so that's not a coincidence.
Avatar image for merlijnvh
#11 Posted by MerlijnVH (115 posts) -

I don't know about this game, its alright. The videos of it looked more fun than the actual game was in my experience with it. I can't really put my finger on it what exactly annoyed me about it either.

Avatar image for meowayne
#12 Edited by Meowayne (6168 posts) -
Patchinko said:
Definitely not a complex game, but it does have quirkiness, and I like that."
Quick, someone make a Joker-reference!
Avatar image for nude_dude
#13 Posted by Nude_Dude (1088 posts) -
Meowayne said:
"Patchinko said:
Definitely not a complex game, but it does have quirkiness, and I like that."
Quick, someone make a Joker-reference!
"
Then you're gonna love Mario games. >__>
Avatar image for albaker
#14 Posted by albaker (441 posts) -

Interesting game

Avatar image for twoonefive
#15 Posted by TwoOneFive (9786 posts) -
Patchinko said:
"Vigorousjammer said:
"so, can you use any image from Google maps? that would be kinda awesome"
No, they're built in and look like Google maps.

That would be kinda awesome, though."
you probably never playedc wtf, just read that in GB's review.
i thought the game deserved 4/5 because i think it is really fun
Avatar image for brukaoru
#16 Posted by brukaoru (5134 posts) -

I found the demo to be quite boring myself.

The video review made me laugh though.

Avatar image for mike
#17 Posted by Mike (17189 posts) -

I'm surprised this got an "Editor's Choice" combined with a 9.0...I played the demo and I was completely unimpressed.

Moderator
Avatar image for kush
#18 Posted by Kush (9089 posts) -

I don't understand how anyone could really pay $10 for this game, but I know this guy did it...for shame.

Avatar image for kohe321
#19 Posted by Kohe321 (3569 posts) -

Thats to high. It deserves 3 stars, or a 7.

Avatar image for patchinko
#20 Posted by Patchinko (885 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"Patchinko said:
"Vigorousjammer said:
"so, can you use any image from Google maps? that would be kinda awesome"
No, they're built in and look like Google maps.

That would be kinda awesome, though."
you probably never playedc wtf, just read that in GB's review.
i thought the game deserved 4/5 because i think it is really fun
"
Uh, I'm not sure why you question whether I've played WTF but... I posted that on September 1st and Jeff posted his review on September 3rd, so no, I didn't "just read that in GB's review". The game that The Last Guy is clearly based on is one of my favorites in WTF.

After playing it halfway through, I'd probably give it a 7.0 on a 10 point scale for me personally. For $10, it should have more variety in the abilities of the character or something. There's just not enough variety. It is easy to pick up and play a round or two, though, so it has lasting value in that sense.
Avatar image for faintdeftone
#21 Posted by FaintDeftone (88 posts) -

I thought the demo sucked. Just not my kind of game I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.