Are you looking forward to playing TLOU Remastered?

#1 Edited by _1MG_ (4 posts) -

[link removed]

It was rumored today that The Last of Us Remastered is finished and ready to be sold in stores by the end of this month, if you played the game on its native PS3, are you going to buy it again on PS4?

#2 Posted by Glottery (1386 posts) -

Pretty interested in seeing how it'll look like and if the constant 60 FPS became reality, but maybe not 60€ worth interested...

#3 Posted by Seppli (10250 posts) -

Yes. I especially look forward to playing the multiplayer with decent graphics. The downgrade from singleplayer to multiplayer was pretty drastic. The Last of Us' multiplayer was the surprise of the year for me. I adore it, and getting to play it in pretty, with all the DLC included from the get-go? That's a win in my book.

Just hope it's sensibly priced. I won't pay full price again.

#4 Posted by _1MG_ (4 posts) -

@glottery: I bought it when it first came out, than traded it in, decided a year later I wanted to play it on Survival mode, dont know if I can buy it a third time, I just want to play the DLC when it goes down in price.

If I bought season pass I would be so pissed, one DLC in one year ...

#5 Posted by Zevvion (2339 posts) -

No. Played it to completion 3 times. Before I really want to play it again we'll be 2-3 years further. By that time it will have been featured on PS Plus. If not, I'll just play the PS3 version again.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (15129 posts) -

Had zero interest in it on ps3 ditto on PS4.

#7 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

One play through was enough for me.

#8 Edited by RioStarwind (577 posts) -

Since I never played it on ps3 sure but not until they lower the price.

#9 Posted by Spoonman671 (4768 posts) -

I haven't played the Ellie add-on, so I might as well do it in HD.

I'll play through the campaign again too for the fresh trophies.

#10 Posted by cutyoface (553 posts) -

I willl probably get it when it is cheaper because I don't want to spend another 60 bucks on a game I already beat.

#11 Edited by _1MG_ (4 posts) -
#12 Posted by pics4jam (2 posts) -

What will change from ps3 to ps4? Just the res? I wouldn't mind playing on the ps4 controller. Wonder if they'll bring in the touch pad

#13 Posted by Glottery (1386 posts) -

@pics4jam said:

What will change from ps3 to ps4? Just the res? I wouldn't mind playing on the ps4 controller. Wonder if they'll bring in the touch pad

Besides 1080p and assumed 60 FPS, there'll be the already released DLC, some new multiplayer maps and in-game cinematic commentary. No other significant changes as far as I'm aware, which isn't that surprising, given how much of pain it was to carry the game over from PS3.

#14 Posted by Spoonman671 (4768 posts) -

@glottery said:

@pics4jam said:

Besides 1080p and assumed 60 FPS, there'll be the already released DLC, some new multiplayer maps and in-game cinematic commentary. No other significant changes as far as I'm aware, which isn't that surprising, given how much of pain it was to carry the game over from PS3.

Oh yeah, I'll play through for the commentary as well. I forget they were including that.

#15 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1925 posts) -

@_1mg_ said:

@glottery: I bought it when it first came out, than traded it in, decided a year later I wanted to play it on Survival mode, dont know if I can buy it a third time, I just want to play the DLC when it goes down in price.

If I bought season pass I would be so pissed, one DLC in one year ...

The season pass has three DLC packs, one story and two multiplayer, exactly what they said would be included with it from the very start.

On topic, I am still on the fence about whether or not I want to buy Remastered. I have the budget for only so many games a year and spending $60 on a game I've already played many times (and platinumed) doesn't seem too wise. On the other hand many of the games I would have otherwise bought this year have been pushed into 2015 and I would love to play the multiplayer with some of my friends that jumped from 360 last gen to PS4 this gen.

I was the only one of my friends that had a PS3 which meant I could never really get the most of multiplayer games because I never had anyone I knew to play with. I loved the multiplayer in The Last of Us, and I bet I'd love it even more if I were to play with people I know.

So, I still don't know if I'm going to drop $60 on the game, but if they wind up doing some upgrade discount or trade up promo for owners of the PS3 version I will definitely do that.

#16 Posted by Jeust (10852 posts) -

I'm looking forward to playing it, but it's not enough to convince me to buy a PS4.

#17 Posted by pweidman (2361 posts) -

Very much so. Never played it on PS3. So glad it's soon too.

#18 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5975 posts) -

Definitely. Although I'm not too keen on spending 60 dollars for a game I've already bought at full price. I might have to wait a while and get it on a sale or something.

#21 Posted by Redbullet685 (6082 posts) -

If there's an upgrade from Ps3 to Ps4 discount then I'll be getting it in a heartbeat. If not, the $60 price may not be worth it for me.

#22 Edited by Fredchuckdave (6093 posts) -

As someone who thinks the Last of Us is like the 8th best game ever I don't really feel compelled to play it on a consistent basis; it's just so heavy every time and at some point it would stop being like that if you played it enough. I'm sure the PS4 multiplayer will be a lot more compelling than the PS3 is right now though; since it'll be another launch experience.

#23 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2603 posts) -

No, once was enough. If I ever get a PS4 and I see this for $20 I might bite to try the multiplayer and story dlc.

#24 Posted by jsnyder82 (763 posts) -

Had zero interest in it on ps3 ditto on PS4.

You just said it was awful in the Unpopular Opinions thread. That means you must have played it. Which means you obviously had an interest in it.

#25 Posted by Pr1mus (3943 posts) -

No because i have the original and still looks great.

#26 Posted by SmithCommaJohn (148 posts) -

I never had a PS3, I plan on getting a PS4 eventually, and The Last of Us seems right up my alley.

So, yes.

#27 Posted by twi (64 posts) -

Can't Wait!!

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (15129 posts) -

@jsnyder82: Or...I watched enough of people playing it on YouTube that I came to the conclusion that I thought it was awful.

#29 Edited by nasp (412 posts) -

i love last of us,but not enough to buy a ps4 yet.also i cant see myself replaying it again.i tried to play it again but the early parts of the game is so slow that its not fun going through it again to get to the gameplay filled majority of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.