Definitely pick bricks over bottles against clickers.

#1 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Don't want to break your weapon against a clicker? Use a brick. Place it in your hands, and mash square on it. After three hits, the thing is dead. It doesn't work with a bottle though, since it breaks in one hit. I just found out about how bricks can be useful to dispatch some pesky clickers without using a shiv or your melee weapon.

#2 Posted by TheBarrylad (44 posts) -

I assume that's almost useless in the later levels though because the noise would alert everyone in the area?

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Wanna live? Get a shiv- er... brick.

#4 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -

Don't bring a bottle to a brick fight.

#5 Edited by MannyMAR (425 posts) -

I just wish broken bottles would at least leave blade material for shivs, but yeah the brick is pretty handy early on.

#6 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

For whatever reason bricks don't seem to work on clickers in Survivor, definitely did work on lower difficulties though.

#7 Posted by 49th (2726 posts) -

Yeah I had no idea that bricks could be used against clickers. That would have helped a lot in the first underground building area.

#8 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

I assume that's almost useless in the later levels though because the noise would alert everyone in the area?

Sometimes, you can't avoid being messy.

#9 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

@49th: Strategy for that area on any difficulty = toss brick/bottle in a central location, toss molotov directly at the same location at the appropriate time; tada 3-4 dead clickers and 1-2 runners.

#10 Posted by sevenLiter (110 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.