Do You Enjoy "Interrogation Mode"?

Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) 10 months, 24 days ago

Poll: Do You Enjoy "Interrogation Mode"? (36 votes)

Yes. 36%
No. 3%
Singleplayer-only for me. 39%
Don't own The Last of Us. Show me results. 22%

The Last of Us got a patch. With it came a new online multiplayer mode.

I find it awesome.

First it's team deathmatch with an emphasis on team, since it's doubly important to have each other's back, in order to prevent successful interrogations. Then it dynamically changes into an objective-based attack and defend mode. Attackers being more predictable and exposed, it's likely to shift dynamics yet again, when the defenders fill their quota of interrogations. Finally two teams are trying to attack and defend at the same time, whilst the game clock mercilessly ticks down. Good thing safebox unlocking progress doesn't reset, or nobody would ever win. Outstanding design!

The Last of Us' multiplayer suite continues to be the most surprisingly awesome thing that happend this year, and it just got better. Can't wait for the premium DLC to come out. This just reminded me, I will have to get in on all the Season Pass action as soon as its DLC season begins in earnest.

What say you?

#1 Edited by TheBioLover (67 posts) -

It's pretty fun, I just wish they'd change it that whoever has more of the safe opened wins, instead of it being just a tie.

Also, I hope we get DLC news soon, MP or SP, there are only 2 days of August left and they said news would be coming this month.

#2 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Naughty Dog really worked on the balance. The sneaky perk now only applies when crouch walking. Damn, that really threw me for a loop. I was used to just walk, but not sprint, and I'd not show up in Listen Mode. Got stabbed a lot before wising up to the fact.

Love the upgrade to Strategist. See close-by enemy duders on the minimap, know when you've been spotted, respawn on friendly dudes early, if they aren't engaged in combat. Good stuff!

#4 Posted by jasonefmonk (350 posts) -

I haven't hopped back on with it yet. Been too busy Divekicking people in the head! I might get on this weekend though.

#5 Posted by Morningstar (2141 posts) -

Single player only for me.

#6 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Suppose I should get busy patching

#7 Posted by dgtlty (153 posts) -

Haven't touched the game in about a month but this new mode is exactly the kind of thing to pull me back in.

#8 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Interrogation is pretty interesting, certainly beats the hell out of supply raid. Multiple First Aid 2s on your team seems mandatory; crafter is also insanely good because shivs are the end-all be-all. Selfish perks like Stealth are greatly disincentivized since you have to move quickly enough to get across the entire map. Molotovs are perhaps too good again since one guy can hold out pretty well solo with 2 or 3 of them if he moves smartly enough (I've gotten 5 defensive downs in less than a minute before). I love that death doesn't really matter as long as you don't get interrogated. Personally I already always played for shivs so all of this just benefits me. Of course you still can't score in the 7k-9k range like a good survivor match.

#9 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5235 posts) -

As soon as I finished the single player that was all I needed. Glad to hear so many good things about the multiplayer though.

#10 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2923 posts) -

Too violent, sheesh.

#11 Posted by Pixeldemon (244 posts) -

I need to check this out. I found the lack of structured objectives in the original modes to be pretty boring.

Really hope the DLC is at least revealed soon (and that it has a co-op vs AI survival mode).

#12 Posted by Pr1mus (3811 posts) -

As someone who enjoys the flamethrower way too much i think interrogation is great. It was already stupidly easy to rack up tons of kills with the flamethrower before, now hiding in a corner and letting the others come to you is great!

#13 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

@pixeldemon: Horde mode makes approximately 0 sense in the Last of Us' universe; it's about killing a handful of people at a time at most and taking your time doing it. Also Joel and Ellie are the only really competent mass murderers around; any other random character wouldn't really work out since they'd kill like 5 people at best before dying horribly.

#14 Posted by Pixeldemon (244 posts) -

@fredchuckdave: Pretty sure it makes as much or more sense in this universe as it does in any other game. Make it have objectives like going out and scavenging items to return to a base. Avoid or fight infected and rival hunters, etc. Could be awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.