Naughty Dog, I Have the BEST Idea for LoU DLC:SPOILERS

#1 Posted by RonGalaxy (3171 posts) -

You play as David...

How brilliant of a companion piece would it be to play as him? Show where he was before the infection hit and show his struggle for survival.

This might be a tough sell because of how fucked up he was, but Joel wasn't that much better of a person. He flat out said he's been on "both sides", meaning there are a lot of terrible things joel has done for survival.

Who else thinks this is an awesome idea?

#2 Posted by Strider57 (12 posts) -

I'd rather play as anybody else.

#3 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

which one is david again?

They should make it where you're a group of survivors and one of you is infected, but you don't know who (maybe it's you?!?!). I'm sure naughty dog could do something with that.

#4 Posted by RonGalaxy (3171 posts) -
#5 Posted by Maajin (1065 posts) -

I approve of that if only to get more Nolan North on my Naughty Dog. Took me a while to recognize him as David!

#6 Posted by GunstarRed (5191 posts) -

Yeah sure, but only if Nolan North does Nathan Drake quips every time he violently murders someone.

#7 Edited by RonGalaxy (3171 posts) -

@gunstarred: does "run little rabbit" count?

*shudders

Seriously, it would be so ballsey if they took that character and showed his "side" (him before the outbreak, how he became a "leader", and his conflict with joel and ellie). It would be an interesting character study, and would let nolan north continue to flex his V.A. Chops

#8 Edited by RonGalaxy (3171 posts) -

@vinny_says: it would become quickly apparent who's infected since freaking mushrooms sprout from the body.

#9 Posted by Zidd (1846 posts) -

@naru_joe93: Its not for a long time. the "runner" infected don't have any fungus on them only clickers and bloaters.

Multiple Events from the game show that his idea will work.

#10 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5495 posts) -

Obviously the best DLC is Bill Tower Defense/Action game.

#11 Posted by TurboMan (7550 posts) -

NOLAN NORTH WAS DAVID!?

#12 Posted by Morningstar (2164 posts) -

But I don't want to play as David...

#13 Posted by MiniPato (2741 posts) -

I wouldn't mind David DLC. Although he got a little too evil and maniacal toward the end.

They could do an Ellie chapter where you play as here between the months that Joel got injured and before you meet David.

They could do a Henry and Sam story, but I guess we all know how that pair ended up.

But most of all, I would like a Tommy and Maria DLC. They barely touched upon Maria and I feel like they wouldn't hire an actress for such a small role. I'd love to play as those two just starting to build up their community, gathering supplies and building defenses. That and Tommy's probably the coolest and most morally upright character.

#14 Edited by TurboMan (7550 posts) -

I'd play a Tommy and Maria DLC, but would be more interested in a Joel and Tommy DLC before they split they're separate ways.

#15 Posted by oraknabo (1470 posts) -

How about one where they replace all the zombies with Nazis.

#16 Posted by spraynardtatum (2977 posts) -
#17 Posted by Bane122 (790 posts) -

Personally I'm hoping it's about Ish and that group of survivors.

#18 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

@vinny_says: it would become quickly apparent who's infected since freaking mushrooms sprout from the body.

Took a while to figure out Tess was infected....

#19 Posted by MiniPato (2741 posts) -

@naru_joe93 said:

Took a while to figure out Tess was infected....

She was bit an hour before she revealed she was infected.

#20 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@turboman said:

NOLAN NORTH WAS DAVID!?

Cue Zeb Colter wrestlemania.gif

#21 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2147 posts) -

DLC where you play as the giraffe

#22 Posted by kadash299 (279 posts) -

The best idea for LOU DLC:

NO DLC

In Fact,

NO MORE LOU AT ALL

The game was fantastic, lets not ruin it by driving it into the dirt with heaps of unneeded content. That game ended the way it should have, let IT BE

#23 Edited by 5Figh (172 posts) -

The DLC will most likely be stuff that fills in the gaps where the game jumps ahead in time from spring to autumn and then from autumn to winter

#24 Posted by geirr (2575 posts) -

I'd like a DLC that makes the ending less shitty. Some proper resolution with Joel and Ellie.

#25 Posted by Yummylee (21673 posts) -

Obviously the best DLC is Bill Tower Defense/Action game.

Ha.

It'd be like the 'Pigsy's Perfect Ten' equivalent for The Last of Us... Sorry, Bill.

@minipato said:

But most of all, I would like a Tommy and Maria DLC. They barely touched upon Maria and I feel like they wouldn't hire an actress for such a small role. I'd love to play as those two just starting to build up their community, gathering supplies and building defenses. That and Tommy's probably the coolest and most morally upright character.

Yes.

#26 Edited by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -
@bane122 said:

Personally I'm hoping it's about Ish and that group of survivors.

What he said!

#27 Posted by owlmassive (67 posts) -

Id like to see the back stories of david or bill, David was brilliant and nolan north did a better job with that character than he did with nathan imo

#28 Posted by Pie (7099 posts) -

I would much rather have some DLC using original characters. I don't think the characters from the main game need to be explored anymore

#29 Posted by RonGalaxy (3171 posts) -

@vinny_says: that's because no one thought to check. If it's known somone was infected, it would amount to everyone getting checked out

#30 Posted by RonGalaxy (3171 posts) -

@kadash299: I agree with you, but single player dlc has already been announced. Im just trying to make the best of an unwanted situation

#31 Posted by Voxus (336 posts) -

I would want to see something from the Government angle. They are supposed to be the most well supplied and organized branch of civilization. Maybe as a hunter turned soldier?

#32 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

I want Uncharted 4 to be TLoU DLC. Drake crash lands a plane and finds himself in Boston.

#33 Posted by Blackout62 (1344 posts) -

I want Marlene DLC. I don't even know why I like her but something story worthy probably happened during her cross-country trip.

#34 Posted by Jedted (2368 posts) -

I'd play this DLC, if only to hear more of that creeper-Nolan North voice.

A Tommy DLC could also be pretty cool. Show how he met Maria and built up that community.

#35 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1423 posts) -

I think a dlc where you play as Joel and Tommy right after Sara dies up until they split would be really neat. Tommy must of seen Joel do some fucked up shit then and it would be interesting to see how Joel deals with his greif and how he became the killer that we learned to love.

edit: I should relearn grammar

#36 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2503 posts) -

@gorillamopena said:

DLC where you play as the giraffe

Tokyo Jungle: The Last of Us Edition

Actually, I guess it'd be "Boston Jungle" or maybe "Salt Lake Jungle"... Doesn't have the same ring to it :P

#37 Posted by Reisz (1500 posts) -

I don't know man, I'd rather there not be any DLC at all than play as David. I don't even think story DLC is a particularly good idea, if I think about it the only character I want to see more of is Ish. Though that's probably because I never found his last note so his story is, to me, incomplete.

I suppose something from the perspective of Tommy could be interesting too but really unless they're planning on making another six or seven hours of gameplay, I just don't see any DLC being able to have the same impact as the main story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.