Naughty Dog making Last of US

• 79 results
#1 Edited by Aegon (5403 posts) -

YES LOOKS AMAZING ahem...I mean, it's nice to know that they're not going back to old faithful and that the project is in good hands.  

#2 Posted by Silver-Streak (1338 posts) -

That looked pretty damn awesome.

#3 Posted by Aegon (5403 posts) -

Also, Troy Baker is stealing all of North's potential jobs, lol. Should the Northies be changed to the Bakies?

#4 Posted by Silver-Streak (1338 posts) -

If I remember correctly, North was too busy working on TOR to help Naughty Dog with their next project. He had it in a tweet somewhere forever ago.

(North voices the male Jedi Consular in SWTOR)

#5 Posted by Brodehouse (9588 posts) -

@H2Oyea: Troy Baker is just doing the jobs Nolan North won't do.

#6 Posted by Pkshields (810 posts) -

Awesome, Can't wait to see what they do now past Uncharted

#7 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (756 posts) -

Naughty Dog making post-apocalyptic game with zombies in it? Yeah count me in. Also is Ellen Page in this?

#8 Posted by Pie (7055 posts) -

What is it?

#9 Posted by Master_Funk (728 posts) -

Man, naughty dog work fast!

Trailer looks awesome.

#10 Posted by Aegon (5403 posts) -
@Verb4tim said:

Naughty Dog making post-apocalyptic game with zombies in it? Yeah count me in. Also is Ellen Page in this?

Yeah, it looked and sounded like her. 
#11 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Ellen Page surrogate?

Liked the trailer.

#12 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Awesome

#13 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

@Verb4tim said:

Okay. I'm really happy I wasn't the only one thinking that.

#14 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

All these zombie games... I'm never going to get a Rockstar made open world zombie game. :(

#15 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

So I guess that newspaper thing in Uncharted 3 was true.

#16 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Looks fuckin' awesome. Also probably isn't zombies, since they looked more like mutants for sure.

#17 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

@Barrock said:

All these zombie games... I'm never going to get a Rockstar made open world zombie game. :(

Ahem.

#18 Edited by NTM (7266 posts) -

The tagline to Juno seems to fit almost perfectly with what the female character is going through in the game as described in the trailer.

"A comedy about growing up... and the bumps along the way."

By the way, Naughty Dog? Ellen Page? More Troy Baker? And oh yeah, more zombies. I've been done with zombies before the trend even started.

#19 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@project343 said:

@Barrock said:

Ahem.

Well yeah, but that was an addon. And a cityscape would be even better. Doing missions for survivors, recovering gasoline, food and ammo.

#20 Posted by ahgunsillyo (443 posts) -

@Verb4tim said:

Also is Ellen Page in this?

@Dany said:

Ellen Page surrogate?

I concur. If only it were voiced by her. I'm completely down for some Ellen Page in my Naughty Dog video games.

#21 Posted by mikey87144 (1664 posts) -

Great to see Sony letting these guys move on from Uncharted. I know another company that doesn't let it's devs move on but glad to see Sony letting these guys try something new. Also, as it is made by Naughty Dog, the second game will be amazing.

#22 Edited by Delta_Ass (3255 posts) -

First they ripped off Nathan Fillion.

Now they're ripping off Ellen Page?

#23 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

He just said Steve King and Albert Hitchcock. I hate this show.

#24 Posted by Aegon (5403 posts) -
@Barrock said:

Now they're ripping off Giant Bomb with Real Fruit Ninja.
#25 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Looks like it could be good.

#26 Posted by Yummylee (21270 posts) -

Reminds me of Enslaved a little, with the post-apocalyptic city covered in vegetation with two characters who'll clearly have to rely on one another. The fact that it's a ND developed game has me excited all on its own and the (I'm assuming) father-daughter relationship duo will make for some great dynamics from a story perspective.

Also good call by Brad on the Uncharted 3 QL, suggesting ND attempt a horror game.

#27 Posted by rudyarr (251 posts) -

@H2Oyea said:

@Barrock said:

Now they're ripping off Giant Bomb with Real Fruit Ninja.

correction that was tested.com :)

#28 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

so ND is making a father-daughter version of "I Am Legend"? Sweet.

#29 Posted by Packie (255 posts) -

Uncharted plus I Am Legend... I'm not really sure what to think. I mean I like ND but I just can't see them doing brutally dark stuff like this. Heck if the atmosphere matches Metro 2033, I'm fuckin' in.

#30 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

I don't like actors in games. Weirds me out.

#31 Posted by George_Hukas (1317 posts) -

I think its weird that little girl sounds like a woman.

#32 Posted by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

2013, return of the zombie games, calling it now.

#33 Edited by X19 (2304 posts) -
#34 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

I just really hope the game isnt as linear as Uncharted.

#35 Posted by Loyal_Dragoon (118 posts) -

I hope there isn't any platforming in this game... Well, not on the same level as Uncharted, anyway. And hopefully it's just two people trying to survive the scenario they find themselves in by whatever means necessary, and not a game where they catch wind of a cure and set out to find it.

#36 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

*is around people who are already saying "Oh so it's Uncharted with zombies, skipping"*

Kill me.

#37 Posted by BaneFireLord (2912 posts) -

Can I just say I'M GETTING REALLY FUCKING SICK OF ZOMBIE GAMES? But, considering the developer, this could be pretty awesome, regardless of what the enemies are.

#38 Posted by GunstarRed (5031 posts) -

I wonder if you'll play the girl or the man... or possibly both. The noises those mutant-monster-men made sounded pretty creepy.

#39 Posted by solidlife (877 posts) -

I cant stop watching from 1:47-1:50 the expression of desperation and fear, portrayed on his face is so real human like I cant believe this is done on a PS3. It simply is amazing hats off to Naughty dogs animation team.

#40 Edited by Aegon (5403 posts) -
@GunstarRed said:

I wonder if you'll play the girl or the man... or possibly both. The noises those mutant-monster-men made sounded pretty creepy.

My guess is you'll play as the man, then when he dies at the end you'll play as the girl and escape from something while leaving his body behind. 

That or she could be the "crawl into small places" girl that's been around in the video gaming world for a while. 
#41 Posted by chubbs21 (45 posts) -

is anyone else getting tired of zombies yet?... anyone?.....

#42 Posted by N7 (3573 posts) -

There's been a ton of speculation in the video gaming community over the past week about a couple of videos that were released and also housed on the LastofUs.com website. We're very excited to confirm that The Last of Us is developed by Naughty Dog Inc, the creators behind the UNCHARTED, Jak and Daxter, and Crash Bandicoot series.

Neil Druckmann, Creative Director, and Bruce Straley, Game Director, gave us all a very, very brief snippet on what to expect in The Last of Us:
The Last of Us
is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

#43 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

@Barrock said:

Red dead undead nightmare?

#44 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@H2Oyea said:
@GunstarRed said:

My guess is you'll play as the man, then when he dies at the end you'll play as the girl and escape from something while leaving his body behind.  That or she could be the "crawl into small places" girl that's been around in the video gaming world for a while. 
I really hope none of that is how it'll play out, although it stands as a pretty damn good chance, if they feel like really video gaming it up.
#45 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

@chubbs21 said:

Yes, but when it's a ND game i don't care what it is, i want it.

#46 Posted by Spoonman671 (4562 posts) -

I don't know.  The combat in Uncharted 3 has really shaken my faith in Naughty Dog.  Hopefully there aren't any armored shotgun guys in The Last of Us.

#47 Posted by Brodehouse (9588 posts) -

Are they saying 2012 or 2013 for this? Or are they saying fuck all?

#48 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

@chubbs21 said:

Yeah, I definitely am.

#49 Posted by Aegon (5403 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:

@chubbs21 said:

Yeah, I definitely am.

The thing is, I've avoided all Zombie games because of my distaste for them in the first place! So my first gaming experience with them will be with Naughty Dog running the show. Not bad if you ask me. Also they're not really zombies, but humans infected by cordyceps. Yeah, same difference. 
#50 Posted by LiquidPrince (15845 posts) -

Ellen? Is that you?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.