New Last of Us Trailer

#1 Posted by Aegon (5840 posts) -

It's pretty much just a cut scene, but it's purty lookin'.

#2 Posted by ashleychittock (135 posts) -

After years, this is the one game that's finally made me want a PS3. The lack of gameplay footage is a bummer, hopefully we'll get some at E3.

#3 Posted by supermonkey122 (874 posts) -

Ok, I officially want this game now.

#4 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I want a playstation 3, just for this.

God damn it, it looks so fine.

#5 Posted by Loyal_Dragoon (118 posts) -

Hopefully there's plenty of moments like this in the game.

#6 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3504 posts) -

You can't tell, but I am smiling right now. Big time.

#7 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -

Naughty Gods. 

#8 Posted by TheHT (11801 posts) -

DUDE. I'm always yelling at the screen "just fucking leave" when these sort of things happen in movies. That was great.

#9 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

I really hope that this comes out this year. That is, of course, if it's ready to be released this year. I don't want them to just push this out to make the holidays.

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Time to wipe the dust off of my PS3.

#11 Posted by N7 (3677 posts) -

Holy Christ.

It's certainly better than the floor collapsing to the sound of "NO, NO, NONONONONOOOOOOO".

#12 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Damn it now i have to buy another ps3.

#13 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -

Hopefully we get to see some gameplay at E3, cutscene or pre-rendered trailers don't do it for me any more.

#14 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant this game so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

I am so ready for E3!

#15 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

Well fuck.

#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

Old man Drake needs to hit the brakes more often

#17 Posted by Spoonman671 (4776 posts) -

That's neat, I guess, but give me a shout when we get some actual gameplay.

#18 Posted by Yummylee (22574 posts) -

Dat beard.

#19 Posted by Encephalon (1335 posts) -

I am intrigued. If that sequence leads into a shooter level where you have to take out like fifty dudes from cover, though, then I'm not interested.

#20 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Yep, that is fucking awesome. Love me some The Road.

#21 Posted by RedRoach (1215 posts) -

@Encephalon said:

I am intrigued. If that sequence leads into a shooter level where you have to take out like fifty dudes from cover, though, then I'm not interested.

They've said there will be no point where you'll be running and gunning with a machine gun. Resources are intended to be extremely rare, having more than just 3 or 4 bullets is rare.

#22 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

SOLD! I like this trailer a lot more than the one that premiered at the VGAs.

Does anyone know what song? It sounds like a "real" song but for all I know some marketing firm could have made it for the ad.

#23 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

SOLD! I like this trailer a lot more than the one that premiered at the VGAs.

Does anyone know what song? It sounds like a "real" song but for all I know some marketing firm could have made it for the ad.

It's Hank Williams "Alone and Forsaken." I don't know what it is about old country music, but it seems to be a wonderful staple of post-apocalyptic movies.

Trailer looks fucking awesome. Naughty Dog has yet to disappoint me, so consider this a day one buy.

#24 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

Gaming Boner confirmed.

#25 Posted by BonOrbitz (2252 posts) -

@benjaebe: Yeah, I just decided that I'll pick it up at launch. Naughty Dog has yet to do me wrong, so it's a safe bet this'll be good. I listened to the song on youtube and a couple other Hank William songs. That guy's music is totally post-apocalyptic or Quentin Taratino material.

#26 Posted by Phatmac (5728 posts) -

I love how this thread disses the PS3 yet still admires the great games that it has. Shit is weird.

#27 Posted by SaFt (390 posts) -

Let's hope it's more than Uncharted with bums and plant-people.

#28 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

If zombies are chasing us, I'm going to trip the girl and make a run for it :D

#29 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

I love how this thread disses the PS3 yet still admires the great games that it has. Shit is weird.

Who is dissing the PS3?

#30 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Hoping they do a live demo at the sony press conference

#31 Posted by Phatmac (5728 posts) -

@Landon: Some comments like "Time to dust off my PS3 and oh this'll get me a ps3 now." Seems odd to me.

#32 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

@Landon: Some comments like "Time to dust off my PS3 and oh this'll get me a ps3 now." Seems odd to me.

So the fact that they haven't played their PS3 in a while means they actively hate it? I think you are reading between lines that aren't there.

#33 Posted by probablytuna (3829 posts) -

So good looking. Now give us some damn gameplay footage!

#34 Posted by JCGamer (671 posts) -

Looks interesting but I hope the gameplay has more to do than Uncharted 3--enjoyed that game but really don't want to play another game with similar mechanics from the same developer.

#35 Posted by Yummylee (22574 posts) -

@SaFt: @JCGamer: It's not going to play anything like Uncharted. I Am Alive will probably be a more common point of reference I think.

#36 Posted by BBQBram (2294 posts) -

I'll have that, thank you.

#37 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Landon said:

@Phatmac said:

So the fact that they haven't played their PS3 in a while means they actively hate it? I think you are reading between lines that aren't there.

Yeah, I was about to say...

But yeah, even though this is a CGI trailer, it looks really cool and a good teaser to get excited about. I'm interested in some gameplay.

#38 Posted by kgb0515 (405 posts) -

Hmm...this has promise. Glad I still have my PS3.

#39 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

@ashleychittock said:

After years, this is the one game that's finally made me want a PS3. The lack of gameplay footage is a bummer, hopefully we'll get some at E3.

i dont know but i cringe every time i hear people say this.

ps3 has had a ton of amazing games. so they make a good zombie game (which is like catering to the least common denominator) and now all of the sudden people feel safe to admit they like a ps3 game.

#40 Edited by ashleychittock (135 posts) -

@TwoOneFive said:

@ashleychittock said:

i dont know but i cringe every time i hear people say this.

ps3 has had a ton of amazing games. so they make a good zombie game (which is like catering to the least common denominator) and now all of the sudden people feel safe to admit they like a ps3 game.

Cringing at the accusation that I'd ever feel embarrassed to admit I like a PS3 game. How old are we? It's not a ridiculous stretch of the imagination to say that none of the PS3's exclusives before now have interested me enough to make me want to buy the console.

And who cares who it caters to? If it's a good game it doesn't matter what it's about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.