Not Coming Out This Year?

#1 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

Source

So everything is getting pushed into 2013. This was my most anticipated game of the year but it ain't coming this year. Fucking 2012...

#2 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Yeah that sucks so what's left for the later half of the year? I think the only 2 big games I'm excited about are Resident Evil 6 and Assassin's Creed III I just looked at the list of games that where pushed to last year Tomb Raider , DmC, Bioshock Infinite and now The Last of Us kinda surprised that Dishonored hasn't been pushed back , but I guess is better that way DOA5 , Persona 4 Arena and Tekken Tag T2 are coming this year so there's still some choices but the ones I look foward the most are still far away.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (21695 posts) -

Weeell.... I'm not entirely surprised, really. It still sucks, and that once crowded Autumn season appears to be getting slimmer and slimmer. There's still Borderlands 2 in September, and RE6, AC3 along with Hitman Absolution - which still makes for a solid amount of gamage during those months. But I have to admit, 2012 overall isn't looking quite as outstanding as was it once was a few months back. 2013 on the other hand is increasingly starting to look stupendously awesome.

#4 Posted by Ghostiet (5281 posts) -

Man, I wonder if any of those games will actually sell, considering how packed 2013 looks to be.

A real shame Naughty Dog won't manage to release The Last of Us this year. If they managed that, they could really do a sweep to the competition.

#5 Posted by JacDG (2126 posts) -

Only game left in 2012 that I am truly excited for, is Fa Cry 3, sure I'll probably pick up another game or two, but man, this year is not great for me, only bought SSX so far when we are talking new titles..

#6 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

Don't know why people are surprised by this. 

It's June already. This is a game that has generated a lot of hype for itself. If it were gonna come out this year we would have 

a) got a release date by now, no matter how tentative and/or

b) got substantial gameplay footage that doesn't read like a PR/tech demo.

There are a bunch of people who are hoping the Tomb raider reboot comes out at the end of the year and for the same reasons i'm baffled.

#7 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

Xcom:EU

#8 Posted by Master_Funk (733 posts) -

Super bummed about that. The field for GOTY this year will probably be the weakest its been in a while.

#9 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

@Master_Funk: If AC3 wraps up the Desmond story, it's in with a shout. Borderlands 2 and Halo 4 look really solid too though.

#10 Posted by SMTDante89 (2581 posts) -

Gaming in late 2012: "Happy Holidays, we'll see you next year!"

#11 Posted by Yummylee (21695 posts) -

@Benny said:

@Master_Funk: If AC3 wraps up the Desmond story, it's in with a shout. Borderlands 2 and Halo 4 look really solid too though.

And of course Diablo III. I'm going to assume the GOTY discussions will tie closely between Diablo III and Assassin's Creed III. Though there's always the chance that we'll have this years 'Saints Row The Third' equivalent where a game will take them completely by surprise and will rise all the way to the GOTY debate.

#12 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Daksiders will contend.

#13 Posted by Mnemoidian (955 posts) -

There's still at least XCOM (Oct 9), Borderlands 2 (Sep 18), Assassins Creed 3 (Oct 30), Darksiders 2 (Aug 14), Hitman: Absolution (Nov 20), Torchlight 2 (?).

Also Spec Ops: The Line (Jun 26), Planetside 2(?), Halo 4 (Nov 6) and CoD: BLOPS2 (Nov 13).

Probably a few titles I've forgotten, but I'd hardly call it a wasteland.

#14 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

I'm bummed about this, but it's not surprising.

Also, Borderlands.

#15 Posted by Milkman (16811 posts) -

I thought it was pretty obvious that this wasn't coming out this year.

#16 Posted by TheHBK (5486 posts) -

So.... Halo 4?

#17 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

ni no kuni's alllmoooost this year.

#18 Posted by BBQBram (2236 posts) -

All I need to hold me over till '13 is GTA V this fall. Make it happen, 2K, you already burned me on BioShock Infinite on my birthday...

#19 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

Well at least we have call of duty right guys? Guys?

#20 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

2012 is all about Hitman!

#21 Edited by FoxMulder (1697 posts) -

I had a feeling hearing pretty much every Naughty Dog employee say they weren't ready to state a release date, automatically meant 2013. Sucks becuase other than Diablo 3, this year has been pretty empty. I have high hopes for AC3 and Hitman Absolution, but I was really looking forward to The Last of Us this winter break!

#22 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

Spring is the new "Holiday Season".

#23 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Dixavd said:

Pretty much. : (

#24 Posted by me3639 (1760 posts) -

2013 is going to be crazy.

#25 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5011 posts) -

And because of the high number of games coming out in spring, some games gonna be held back even more.

#26 Posted by mikeeegeee (1562 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

And of course Diablo III. I'm going to assume the GOTY discussions will tie closely between Diablo III and Assassin's Creed III.

Journey. Anything else could be released in 2012 and I still wouldn't be swayed.

#27 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

At some point developers and publishers will have to bite the bullet and realize that unless they release their games in the Summer or something, they will always have a good amount of competition in the first quarter or last quarter of the year.

#28 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Dixavd said:

Pretty much. : (

That wasn't the case this year...

#29 Posted by Metzo_Paino (318 posts) -

Damn, I was really excited to play The Last Of Us, my PS3 has mostly been gathering dust.

Good job The Last Guardian will be out soon.

#30 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

So Dishonored is the only high profile original IP coming out this fall?

#31 Posted by spankingaddict (2674 posts) -

Weakest year since 2006 , probably . There are still great games coming in 2012 , though . I guess ...

#32 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

There's gonna be all of those hot Wii U titles coming out this holiday, right? Right?

#33 Posted by deox (217 posts) -

I am really excited to play it, but I really don't mind waiting either. I rather they take the time to make it perfect, than release an unfinished mess just to meet a deadline.

I have a huge backlog of games to keep me busy until 2013.

#34 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.