Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Sooooo dat intro scene. (Spoilers)

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dark

ho ho ho, mostly spoiler tags because people don't want the first 10 minutes of a game spoiled.

The scene I am talking about is when the daughter gets shot and the trauma behind it, I think it was the first time I have actually seen a child shot then actually die a blood coughing death instead of just being instantly dead. The scene was incredibly moving and brought a tear to my eye, it did really bring into reality the harshness of the world to come in the next 12 odd hours.

My question here being is was this played out well? I feel its a scene that if done correctly, doesn't feel out of place or 'brutal' (which this one was). Not to say it should be in EVERY game but is it something you could accept in this type of media? Once again, as long as its done correctly as I believe in this case it was. This scene really brought into reality how harsh an apocalyptic zombie world would be in its beginning, something I believe a whole lot of zombie games are missing in general.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

While the outcome was super predictable, I agree that they handled the whole scene really well. To the incredibly suspenseful beginning where you're exploring the house for Joel, to watching the chaos unfold outside with full camera movement, to then finally staring in horror as Sarah's life slips away.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.