Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Supernatural Element

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fr0br0

How much of this game would you want to be focused on the hyper realism of human vs. human theme and how much would you like to see the combat and story inclusion of the supernatural elements?

Personally, I would like it to be grounded in reality for about 99% of the game until after you beat the last encounter which concluded with your Ellen Page looking companion disappearing only for you to find her dead with a gaping wound on her neck. Your main character, loosing the last thing he had in his life, pulls a gun to his head. All of a sudden, your companion begins to twitch. Your character looks down at her. She opens her eyes, snarls her teeth which are now razor sharp and jumps at you. Your character now aims the gun at her and pulls the trigger. Credits roll. Werewolf Zombies. Calling it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I don't get it. The game already has zombies.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zella

@FluxWaveZ said:

I don't get it. The game already has zombies.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fr0br0

Oh shit, it was confirmed to have zombies??

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Fr0Br0 said:

The very first hint at the game's existence was a news report on a not-zombie-but-zombies infection due to a disease/parasite/something. The whole game revolves around that...

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fr0br0

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Fr0Br0 said:

The very first hint at the game's existence was a news report on a not-zombie-but-zombies infection due to a disease. The whole game revolves around that...

Hmm interesting, okay I'll revise my question

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

Watch the cordyceps video on youtube... That shit creeps me out more than any zombie. The original site linked to a video of it before they announced it at the Spike VGA's

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TheHT

No one remembers the reveal trailer? The one where they get attacked by zombie-monster things and have to run away?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@TheHT said:

No one remembers the reveal trailer? The one where they get attacked by zombie-monster things and have to run away?

Uh, yes?

Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercer
    @Fr0Br0 said:

How much of this game would you want to be focused on the hyper realism of human vs. human theme and how much would you like to see the combat and story inclusion of the supernatural elements?

Personally, I would like it to be grounded in reality for about 99% of the game until after you beat the last encounter which concluded with your Ellen Page looking companion disappearing only for you to find her dead with a gaping wound on her neck. Your main character, loosing the last thing he had in his life, pulls a gun to his head. All of a sudden, your companion begins to twitch. Your character looks down at her. HER FACE EXPLODES WITH FUNGAL GROWTH, snarls her teeth which are now razor sharp and jumps at you. Your character now aims the gun at her and pulls the trigger. Credits roll. Werewolf Zombies. Calling it.

fix'd for appropriate zombie type lol

But yeah, grounded as much as possible with of course the necessary concessions for being a video game.  hopefully with Joel only being able to take a few bullets, hell maybe they'll have a hardcore survivor mode :D
    Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Totori

There are mushroom monsters in the game already. The Last of Us is the prequel to Mario.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Yeah I wonder if they have gone away from that, I can see it being a last act WTF thing, like end of Uncharted 1 and 2.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ExplodeMode
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

ZOMBIES ARE NOT SUPERNATURAL UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN RAISED BY NECROMANCERS FUUUUUUUCK WHY DOES NO ONE GET THIS.

*breathes*

Supernatural means it breaks the basic laws of nature. There appears to be a perfectly scientific cause for the mushroom head virus.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly, I wish there were no freakishly mutated mushroom head people (zombies) in this game. I just want it to be focused on survival grounded in semi-realism. I hope the mushroom heads don't become a frequent occurrence and turn the last third of the game into "Uncharted: APOCALYPSE!!" I would be really bummed if that happened.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read that they got the zombie idea for their game by watching a BBC nature documentary called "Planet Earth", where it showed a fungal plant (Cordyceps) infect ants and took over it's brain and caused growths on it's head.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By DeF

@Fr0Br0: I like that take on an imaginative ending. I just hope they don't shy away from consequences and potential loss of life of the main character like they do with Uncharted ....

Spoilers for Uncharted games:

I was really bummed out that Sully didn't die in UC3. Not because I don't like him but because it cheapens the fake-death stuff and kinda eliminated the only possible character development.

After what I've seen of the "realism" stuff in the Last of Us, I'm kinda bummed that there even is a supernatural element in the form of these not-zombies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.