Team Brick or Bottle?

Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Team Brick or Bottle? (352 votes)

Team Brick! 66%
Team Bottle! 25%
Never mattered to me 9%

While playing through The Last of Us there is a large amount of bottles and bricks around to use to distract, stun, or hit enemies with. I found myself always wanting to use a brick instead of a bottle even though they served the same purpose. Just curious what other players of the game chose to use. So are you Team Brick or Team Bottle?

#1 Posted by Sterling (2146 posts) -

I used bottles for making sound, and bricks for stunning enemies.

#2 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2030 posts) -

If I could I would just carry like 10 bricks and nothing else.

#3 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1375 posts) -

Can i smash i guys face in with a bottle? I was gonna say no but i cant be certain, can you? I've been usually carrying a brick with me, you can make a distraction, stun an enemy, or apply it directly to the face.

#4 Edited by TruthTellah (8721 posts) -

Bottles for distraction, bricks for knocking guys out. Extra shivs if you get grabbed, and smoke bombs for sticky situations. For everything else, you've got the bow and arrow.

#5 Posted by Lanechanger (458 posts) -

Team brick all the way, for smashing it over the back of someone's head, or for stunning followed by a quick take down. I don't use distractions

#6 Edited by Blackout62 (1336 posts) -

@thebunnyhunter said:

Can i smash i guys face in with a bottle? I was gonna say no but i cant be certain, can you? I've been usually carrying a brick with me, you can make a distraction, stun an enemy, or apply it directly to the face.

You can but it isn't one and done. That said team brick because the one time I needed to, bricks were perfectly fine to distract those bloaters.

I foresee this coming up as a poll option in the inevitable The Last of Us TNT.

#7 Edited by TheCreamFilling (1225 posts) -

While I haven't, nor will I ever, play The Last of Us, I shall vote Team Brick based on my experience with the Splinter Cell series.

#8 Posted by MentalDisruption (1621 posts) -

Team Brick all the way.

#9 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

Gotta go with brick. You could get three hits in with it if you needed to melee a guy.

#10 Edited by Ares42 (2611 posts) -

on a related note, I find it really distracting that if you have a brick you can replace it with a bottle and vice versa, but if you try to replace a brick with a brick it says you've already filled the slot. It just sets off my "pick up everyting" alarm every time =(

#11 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

Bricks are better pure and simple; also bricks.

#12 Edited by MachoFantastico (4590 posts) -

Bottles hold alcohol, what more do you need.

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (14732 posts) -

Haven't played but I imagine if I did I'd be all over the bricks. Because its a brick. Duh.

#14 Posted by Dark (373 posts) -

Not to say getting hit by a flying bottle would be better, but getting hit by a flying brick would be PAINFUL!.

#15 Edited by Mr_Misery (258 posts) -

Bottles to distract and bricks to knock people the fuck out.

#16 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Brick. I believe it'd do more damage, therefor I throw massive bricks, not flimsy bottles.

#18 Edited by BalrogsBain (81 posts) -

I seem to have more luck making sounds to distract clickers with a bottle then a brick, is there any difference in the sound ?

#19 Posted by Morningstar (2149 posts) -

I seem to have more luck making sounds to distract clickers with a bottle then a brick, is there any difference in the sound ?

Seems like bottles make more sound and bricks are better for hitting people in the face.

#20 Edited by Humanity (9023 posts) -

I'm a big Team Bow guy myself. Best part about missing with the bow is that it makes them turn away from you making the second shot a lot easier.

#21 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Why not both? :D

#22 Posted by BalrogsBain (81 posts) -
@humanity said:

I'm a big Team Bow guy myself. Best part about missing with the bow is that it makes them turn away from you making the second shot a lot easier.

I didn't realise you could do this till i saw Patrick do it on the quick look, now its a go to if i can't find a brick or bottle

#23 Posted by Reisz (1479 posts) -

I used bottles for making sound, and bricks for stunning enemies.

#24 Posted by shishkebab09 (99 posts) -

I always had an upgraded melee weapon for smashing faces. I liked bottles for the greater sound radius as to pull them in for the Molotov.

#25 Edited by Village_Guy (2537 posts) -

Team brick all the way.

#26 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

Why not both? :D

Why not Zoidberg.

...For the record I'm Team Brick in any case.

#27 Edited by Humanity (9023 posts) -

@humanity said:

I didn't realise you could do this till i saw Patrick do it on the quick look, now its a go to if i can't find a brick or bottle

I honestly didn't know that you can use bricks as a melee weapon until reading the thread. How does that even work?

#28 Edited by OldGuy (1545 posts) -

#29 Edited by MildMolasses (3218 posts) -

Bottles. I only use them for distractions. I've never used a brick for attacks

#30 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

BRICKS MOTHERFUCKER!

#31 Edited by psylah (2169 posts) -

Vault out of cover, full sprint, throw brick, follow up with a steel pipe to the face.

It's a 1-hit for the pipe after a brick stun, saves its durability.

#32 Posted by shinjin977 (754 posts) -

Of cause its brick, you team bottle guys are monsters.

#33 Posted by BalrogsBain (81 posts) -

@humanity: just like a melee weapon it just breaks on the first hit

#34 Posted by 49th (2722 posts) -

There's enough of both to build a freaking brewery.

Anyway, I prefer bottles. They make a more satisfying sound when they break and it's way more fun to smash over someone's head.

#35 Posted by White (1340 posts) -

I don't know which hurts more. I threw this brick so hard against your face that it broke in 2, or I threw this bottle so hard against your face that it shattered.

I'll go with the brick.

#36 Edited by Lava (665 posts) -

It warms my heart to see more people going team brick. Nothing satisfies like when you're holding a brick and you go in for a melee and it just destroys the enemy. So satisfying. I can get bottles making a nice shattering noise, but I like the noise of the thunk of a brick when it hits the ground. Anytime I can switch out a brick for a bottle I do it. The sound design in general is simply amazing for this game.

#37 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

Brick

#38 Posted by cthomer5000 (759 posts) -

Brick + melee became my absolute go-to combo in the final half of the game. I dealt with bottles when necessary, but would always swap a bottle for a brick when available. #teambrick

#39 Posted by MiniPato (2727 posts) -

I've always had this theory that I never tested and I'd like confirmed. Do bottles make more noise than bricks and therefore have longer distraction range? And do bricks induce longer stun animations? That's what I always assumed, but I never used throwables enough to noticed a difference.

#40 Posted by csl316 (8359 posts) -

Brick.

For the Timesplitters.

#41 Posted by Captain_Insano (1534 posts) -

I've mainly gone with bottle. So let's go bottles!

Also, why the hell are all these spare bricks laying about? I get it, apocalypse and everything, but they're surprisingly ubiquitous.

#42 Posted by Smashlampjaw (220 posts) -

I nice solid Brick.

#43 Edited by Korwin (2837 posts) -

This shouldn't even be a contest, it's a fucking brick the the skull. Game over.

#44 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2498 posts) -

Oh man, I forgot this topic existed but I feel compelled to say:

Brick!!

Every time I see a brick and I'm for some reason carrying a bottle, I swap back :D

I don't even know what it is - I think it's just what I would do in that circumstance myself (ie, if I was magically equally able to carry a brick or bottle alongside my flame-thrower and bow/arrows).

#45 Edited by Rekt_Hed (847 posts) -

Early on I was all the way in Team Brick but after 2-3 hrs into the game I was finding the Bottle more and more useful for my style of stealth play.

I still love how brutal the brick is by it self but I'm gonna say Team Bottle! Luring a bunch of infected to one zone and then torching them all in hell fire and bullets SO SATISFYING!

#46 Posted by Nightriff (4972 posts) -

Bottle, just got it in my head that a bottle would make more noise which I used these two items as a distraction rather than a stun.

#47 Posted by RonGalaxy (3066 posts) -

It was an enlightening experience when I realized molotov cocktails attract clickers (by sound, obviously), which means they walk towards it and set themselves on fire. Such an amazing realization

#48 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I'm #teambone and #teambrad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.