The season pass.

#1 Edited by pompouspizza (291 posts) -

I'm seriously considering buying the season pass for the single player DLC and the documentary, but I'm having trouble justifying it. To those who have seen it, how good is it? I really want to watch it.

#2 Edited by twi (28 posts) -

I have the season pass and am planning on watching the doc this weekend. I'll let you know what it think.

#3 Posted by spraynardtatum (2528 posts) -

I'm also curious.

I'm not buying season passes anymore until I see how the first batch turns out. That way I can determine if I'm even still playing the game I'm buying extra content for. I do like the idea of adding a making of documentary. I'd like to see into the minds of the people that made this game.

#4 Posted by StarvingGamer (7918 posts) -

Hmmm, not interested in the multiplayer stuff, otherwise I'd totally get it.

#5 Posted by pompouspizza (291 posts) -
#6 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

Hmmm, not interested in the multiplayer stuff, otherwise I'd totally get it.

So there's no single player stuff?

#7 Posted by hakunin (384 posts) -
#8 Posted by jasonefmonk (343 posts) -

I have watched the documentary, I really enjoyed it. Some good stuff about the actors.

#9 Posted by bkbroiler (1604 posts) -

I watched the documentary and I thought it was good. They go into detail into pretty much every aspect of the production - concept, art, actors, sound, programming, etc. I might buy the season pass too because I didn't know you could own the documentary that way! I acquired it in other ways because I was pissed there seemed to be no way to get it.

#10 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@bkbroiler: think you could hook a brother up with these "other ways"?

#11 Posted by wemibelec90 (1495 posts) -

Wait, they locked the behind the scenes stuff behind the Season Pass? That's a huge bummer. Those were just on the disc for all the Uncharted games, and I really enjoyed watching them. That seems a little greedy of Naughty Dog to change their ways on this.

#12 Posted by bkbroiler (1604 posts) -

@killacam said:

@bkbroiler: think you could hook a brother up with these "other ways"?

It's nothing too crazy, just look it up on The Pirate Bay.

#13 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (623 posts) -

Wait, they locked the behind the scenes stuff behind the Season Pass? That's a huge bummer. Those were just on the disc for all the Uncharted games, and I really enjoyed watching them. That seems a little greedy of Naughty Dog to change their ways on this.

The difference between the Uncharted Behind the Scenes and The Last of Us is that the Last of Us Doc is 90 minutes. I got the season pass and the behind the scenes was pretty great. It's not like Metal Gear Solid 4's MEME Behind The scene, but it's pretty great. I know I'm getting the SP DLC no question, I just hope that one of the MP packs has a mode where it has unkillable Clickers around the map.

#14 Posted by wemibelec90 (1495 posts) -

@stealthmaster86 said:

@wemibelec90 said:

The difference between the Uncharted Behind the Scenes and The Last of Us is that the Last of Us Doc is 90 minutes. I got the season pass and the behind the scenes was pretty great. It's not like Metal Gear Solid 4's MEME Behind The scene, but it's pretty great. I know I'm getting the SP DLC no question, I just hope that one of the MP packs has a mode where it has unkillable Clickers around the map.

That sounds a bit better, I guess. Still a bit of a bummer. I didn't even know that stuff wasn't already on there and was looking forward to watching it. Not sure if I will now.

#15 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5175 posts) -

I have the season pass, how do you get access to the documentary?

#16 Posted by Stealthmaster86 (623 posts) -

@fredchuckdave: Go to the extras and there should be something about it. You do need to download the doc though, but after that it will be in your video section.

#17 Edited by jasonefmonk (343 posts) -

It's unfortunate that you need to download the large file from the game menus. It should have been a download list item in the Store after you buy the season pass. This way, it doesn't allow a background download.

#18 Posted by twi (28 posts) -

@pompouspizza: Its pretty good. I really enjoyed it. Parts of it are kind of slow but i really appreciated see how it all came together.

All in all i would recommend it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.