Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Turns out the PAL-version of the Last of Us is censored.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hassun
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Oh well, that is lame. At least it was only the boring multiplayer.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It kinda sucks that they never said anything about censoring any content prior to release.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It kinda sucks that they never said anything about censoring any content prior to release.

Yeah it is really annoying this has only surfaced now. If I had known I would have imported the US version of the game.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SomeJerk

Thanks ObamaHitler!

JoeUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: Well personally I'm quite happy they turned down the gore for the multiplayer. I might feel differently about the single player being censored, as to me that's telling a gritty story and requires it to paint a shocking and emotional picture of survival.

But the multiplayer for me is more like a chess game. It's more about the mechanics and strategy of the situation. A "sport" mode if you like. You could strip all of the visuals away and have flat colours - I would still enjoy it.

The repetition of seeing such gore in a sport mode without a full-on story to contextualise it isn't healthy in my opinion.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hassun

@joeuk

I can see that but for me it's much more the principle. I have not even played the game and I will probably never play the multiplayer but I do not condone any form of censoring at all.

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate say it but that gore just looks out of place. I find it much more intense without heads blowing up and arms coming off.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without investigating the details deeper, it feels like this was put on Naughty Dog/Sony by whatever regulatory body that is over there. Although it is nice to be able to stand on principle the alternative is not selling The Last of Us to anyone in that area.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HerbieBug

lame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.